“Re: No have...”

Grand Jimbaran Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #58 of 103 Jimbaran B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We booked this for one night ..happily that was enough. The rooms are clean and big however;
1)the Air con was very weak,
2)You flooded the whole bathroom during a shower, strange design flaw
3) the wifi did not work.
4) we put in about 1kg of washing and it cost £20, did not think I was buying the washing machine as well. Extortionate...
5) Went to eat and after not having the wine I asked for or the food. 2 no haves. We went to the chocolate cafe. Superb place....
Overall ...not a top stay....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank samanthafreeman

Reviewed August 30, 2012

All this hotel lacks is people to fill it. The foyer is pleasant, the staff welcoming and the pool area brand new and inviting. It has an outdoor bar close to the pool and a fully equipped gym. The rooms are great - big and well decorated. The bathroom is fabulous. The manager of the hotel was keen to find out what I thought he could do to improve his establishment. I told him there wasn't anything really.... The only thing that lets this place down is its location. It is on a busy main road about a twenty minute walk from the beach, so I probably wouldn't use it as a resort. However, as a stop-over hotel coming or going it's brilliant.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank mishym00
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I booked this hotel based on recommendations on Booking.com and my first reaction upon entering the ground-floor premises was: "How can anything on this architecturally rich island be so out of touch with taste and harmony. A number of Chinese Fengshui artefacts standing around in the receptionist area did however cut the confusion short. Luckily, the room was more matching in style, clean and the range of the in-room amenities on offer fit for 4-stars. The bed was good quality and comfortable. There was however no wifi signal.

As some other reviewers mention, the ground floor and pool area are not particularly inviting and guests would probably want to please their senses elsewhere.

Overall, the hotel does however offer fair value accommodation in the vicinity of the airport for those who are booked on early flights out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank C073
Reviewed May 6, 2012

fanastic rooms, lovely staff, great clean pool. really cant fault this hotel- absolute bargin.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank redfern1980
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I live in the area, but early this March (2012) I had occasion to stay there as my daughter paid me a surprise visit and I gave her my
room, rather than sending her to a hotel alone. My wife and I found the
place to be clean, quiet, comfortable and very nice. So I will continue to
refer folks to this place in all good conscience. I have to be honest I
didn't really use any of the facilities, but I noticed they have an in
house spa, pool and exercise room that all looked good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank DrBobJimbaran
Reviewed January 28, 2012

i went there as a couple, the room was ok, but the closet is troubled every time we use it. Flooding on the floor every time after showering. Dirty swimming pool and very poor breakfast service. The breakfast voucher they gave us says "available for 1 or 2 persons" but they charged us for the second pax (10$). Also the food was terrible. The waiter offered whether we wanted juice or sliced fruits (this was listed on the menu), if we pick one we will not get the other. That part still make sense, but he didn't offer us any drink! Not even water! even though "choice of tea or coffee" was listed on the menu. His reason was,"because u chose to pick sliced fruits so u cannot get the drink". God knows what i meant and that was not it. The shuttle car was never operated, the internet was only at the main floor with only one computer with charge. I'm not surprise if no one (even though the stay at the hotel) hangs around by the pool, at the bar, or at the spa. The only thing that make sense only the bed, the reception desk, and the amenities. So staying in this hotel is only for sleeping purposes. who wants to sleep all the time while you're in bali?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank anakmatahari
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel is new July 2011. The bathroom was not cleaned properly in our room. The bathroom blocked up each day after showering flooding the floor. The hotel had internet only in the main floor at a fee of 10,000rpper hour, it was very slow. Buffet Breakfast was not very good. The hotel did have a shuttle but they never offered that to us so we were constantly taking taxis. The best part of our stay was eating amazing fresh seafood at Teba Mega cafe on the watefront

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple