“Great Hotel.”

Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Great Hotel.”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

It was my first trip to Bali and Indonesia great service and nice restaurants inside. There are few but they all are good enough to feed you. The restaurants are the hotels official restaurant and sushi tei ( Japanese Sushi Restaurant). The rooms are really nice. There are two floors the top one is the bedroom and there is an tv and there is an basement with bathtub, restroom and shower. There is an curtain to close the partition where the bathtub is. There is and sofa and another tv which you call it as the living room! I had a great trip and experience here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank yutamiura
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Dear Yutamiura,

Thank you very much for your review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran, I hope that we will have the chance to see you again in Bali soon!

Thibaud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night prior to our flight out of DPS.

The two story pool site suite room was impeccable, the staff was extremely friendly and professional.

We had clubsandwishes from the room service which were great and super fresh.

The pool side location of the suite was perfect even for a late swim in the circa 20m lappool and has a nice 2nd level terrace to chill out over a cold drink.

As we arrived at 8pm and had to leave at 8am the next morning I can't comment on any other facilities or the location, other than it is a swift 15min ride to the airport.

All in all it served our purpose very well and was very good value for money ( 50 AUD per person for the suite ).

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Isselerhof
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Isselerhof,

Thank you for your stay in Kupu Kupu and for your feedback... I am glad that you enjoyed everything about our hotel, and I can only wish you had stayed longer with us!

Hoping to see you again in Jimbaran,

Singapore
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very warm welcome at the driveway - then into the lobby into the hands of very friendly and helpful reception staff - cold towels and a welcome drink. Arrived around 9pm and got our room very quickly. The only lift opens up at the rooftop and the lap pool looked lovely in the moonlight - we booked an Uluwatu Suite and it was a spacious room with a king bed and surprise! a beautiful colourful beach bag was a present on the sofa with fresh fruit plate and complimentary water (one bottle each for drinking and one to brush your teeth with).
Breakfast was included and very substantial - advise was to dine at the Tepong Restaurant for breakfast as you had choices. If you went to the Beach Club for breakfast, it is limited to only one fixed menu.
This is not a beachside hotel BUT they provide a free buggy shuttle (return trip) down to the Jimbaran Beach Club which had inviting sunbeds and little sofa cabanas facing the sea - cocktails and the sound of the crashing waves - most idyllic. Calamari rings and ice cream - yum!
In the evening, you just walk along the beach a few metres and you have a whole range of the famous Jimbaran BBQ cafes to dhoose from for a sumptuous dinner.
We did manage to meet the Manager, Mr. Thibaud and had a lovely chat about Bali today and what it was like 20 years ago - very friendly and approachable GM!
We did not get to try the spa (fully booked and we only had one afternoon) and also missed the complimentary afternoon tea was we dallied too long in the room and had to rush off to Uluwatu........next time! Also no L'Occitane products in the room which was a surprise.
Nevertheless, a peaceful hideaway with a lovely beach access........we will return!

Room Tip: For the magical view of the lap pool in the moonlight - ask for a suite with a balcony facing the po...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JayTee369
Dear JayTee369,

Thank you for your stay with us, and very nice meeting you also!

I believe your description of the hotel is pretty accurate and I'm sure that it will be very helpful to our future guests.

I hope that you will come again to Bali soon, don't hesitate to drop me a private message (thibaud at kupubarong dot com) so that I can give our best prices and offers.

Warmest regards from Jimbaran,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The spa was connected to the hotel however need few days advanced reservation and no priority to hotel guests and also the Spa receptionist was a bit snobbish. Not really representing the Balinese warm and welcoming culture. Aside from the SPA, I loved everything about the hotel. Will recommend this to anyone going to Bali!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mandakuw,

Thank you very much for your stay in Kupu Kupu. It is truly nice to hear your positive feedback about the hotel.

Regarding the spa, I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our receptionist. I had a word with her and I believe she will be more careful handling guests in the future. It is true that our spa is often fully booked and I strongly advise our guests to book a few days in advance to make sure they have a spot.

We actually do give priority to hotel guests, as well as special discounts and benefits. In particular, we have a very good value offer available on our website with a Free Spa for a minimum of 3 nights stay.

As you are staying not too far from Bali, I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again soon in Jimbaran...

Thank you again for choosing our hotel,

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Spent here two nights on the way to the Gili's. The hotel is really nice and stylish, especially the infinity swimming pool, very long and narrow. The Uluwatu Suite we were given is huge with a supercomfy bed. I only didn´t like the quality of the bathroom amenities, I was actually expecting them being by L'Occitane, a little disappointment. There's a regular buggy service to bring you to the nearby beach (10 mins walking otherwise) were it's located their own beach club. The package booked via Booking.com was including 1hr massage at the annexed Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane which is pretty outstanding. Breakfast is overall good although not extraordinary (almost no fresh juices, only watermelon), compensated by a delicious cappuccino. Overall a very good option in Jimbaran, 100% recommendable, would definitely go back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear fijitime71,

Thanks a lot for your feedback about your stay in Kupu Kupu! It is a pleasure to read that you had a great time and that you would go back again!

We didn't have L'Occitane amenities when you stay in the hotel indeed, I understand your disappointment as our Spa is branded with L'Occitane. We are actually changing our amenities to L'Occitane starting mid-February 2014...

We hope to see you again after this change....

Warmest regards,

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We booked this hotel because of very good rating on booking.com.

This hotel was brands as L'Occitane spa but none of the products in-room is L'Occitane. The walkway to room was decorated by plants but given its winter and no leaves the plantation looks dirty and unpleasant.

The spa was connected to the hotel however need few days advanced reservation and no priority to hotel guests.

The hotel is member of Jimbaran beach club, but the club is very low class access to not-so-impressive beach and unclean restaurant & bar.

The worker needs to go into the room for fixing wires cables for the next room, they went into our room without permission or prior notice. We were aware of it only as we came back early and manager said we could not go back to our room!

So - overall bad experience of this hotel already. This is our last day and we are left with such bad impression of Bali.. We will not comeback.

• Stayed January 2014
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Pkarn,

Thank you for your review and for your stay in Kupu Kupu. I believe your review was written while you were still in the hotel, a few hours after your arrival. I am sorry that your first hours with us left you unsatisfied and I wish we could have given you a better first impression.

As you were staying with us on 2nd January, one day only after New Year, it is true that our spa was fully booked, even for hotel guests. I am sorry that this happened and regret we could not find a solution to accommodate your request. In the future, I recommend to make an early booking, especially during high season.

You wrote a separate review on Trip Advisor about our beach club, to which I replied separately. In this review you mentioned that you didn't actually try neither the food or the facilities. You went to the beach club, it was raining, and you left after a few minutes. I agree that our beach club is rather a simple one, but I wish you could have seen it during a sunny day as I am convinced that your impressions would have been very different.

Regarding the fact that you were not able to access your room, I believe that it was misunderstanding and I apologize for being the source of it. I was the one who talked to you when you were in the lobby, and I informed you that there was someone installing a phone cable outside of your room and that it would take about 15 minutes. This was a courtesy to you and I did not mean that you could not go to your room. I am sorry that I didn't explain myself more clearly.

Regarding the L'Occitane amenities, I apologize if we didn't have any during the time of your visit. We are actually planning to receive them mid-february 2014 and they will be available in all of our rooms.

Regarding the walkway to the room, the plants did not have any leaves yet indeed as we had just planted them. In only a few weeks it will look much better I hope.

I really do believe that we could gain your trust back if you ever decided to visit our hotel again. If you do, please do not hesitate to send me a message directly (thibaud at kupubarong dot com) so that I can make sure you have an enjoyable stay.

Warmest regards from Jimbaran,

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, taking their package which include daily massage at loccitane spa, daily breakfast, afternoon tea, and lunch/dinner. We think it's a really good deal. The room is nice and spacious. Only the water is a bit salty, not sure why. The staffs are helpful and nice (especially Dewa). The food is quite good, I prefer the served breakfast to the buffet one. The property is small and built on a small shopping center below, but this is not an issue at all, we still got our beauty sleep very well. The only disappointing point will be their jimbaran beach club, it's not maintained well and the seats are dirty, very different from the pictures. The food there is also not so great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yofi_L,

Thank you very much for your comments about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. You booked our special package with daily spa and daily meal voucher, which is indeed great value especially during low season.

Regarding the breakfast, we have an "à la carte" breakfast from Monday to Saturday, and a special buffet on Sunday with free flow pastries and wine.

I am sorry that our beach club facilities left you unsatisfied. I will work with the team there to make the necessary improvements especially with the food and maintenance.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you again and show you the difference!

Kindest regards from Jimbaran,