Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane
  • Breakfast included
Karma Jimbaran(Jimbaran)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewschocolate cafebeach clubuluwatu suitehoneymoon suitel occitanerooftop poolcomplimentary afternoon teafree buggybuggy ridethe ground floormin walkbathroom amenitiesbuggy servicefree upgradewonderful staylocal dishesbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Kupu Kupu Jimbaran has great location and just 2-3 min away from beach. Airport is just 10 min away.
Their spa was great. Every massage session is our replanished period.
Hotel manager Thibaud and his team are very helpfull. We found an answers for our every questions.
The rooms are elegant and nicely decorated.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Fadil,

Thank you so much for your comment, It was a great pleasure to welcome you in Bali!

I hope to see you again in Bali or in Turkey...

Warmest regards,

Reviewed December 15, 2013

just got back from Bali and very happy with our stay in Kupu kupu Jimbaran.

The staffs are all very friendly and helpful. Rooms are great, location is good, complimentary spa is wonderful. Pillows and bed is great.. I really wish I could purchase the pillows.. they are sooo comfy.

Few inputs to improve:
- Security concern: We went out for supper at 12.30 midnite and were surprised to find the main gate wide open with no one in the lobby (no receptionist).
- the body lotion smells like glue
- please provide teaspoon for wasabi on breakfast

Overall, I would definitely stay in Kupu kupu Jimbaran again on my next trip to Bali.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear aldehyde19,

Thank you for your review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran, I'm glad that you had a happy stay with us!

Regarding the points of improvements:

- For security, it was not normal that there was no one in the lobby when you arrived at 12.30 as we have a receptionist and 2 security guards at night. Maybe you could send me a private message with the exact date that it happened? It would be very helpful to make sure this does not happen again.

- Regarding the body lotion, we decided to change our supplier. We will get them from a famous brand and they will be individually packed to avoid any issues. This change will be effective mid-february 2014 as the amenities are imported from France.

- Regarding the tea spoon for wasabi at breakfast, maybe you could give me more details by private message as well?

Thank you again for your stay and comment, we hope to see you again soon in Kupu Kupu!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here the last two nights of our vacation. The hotel is really nice and stylish. We had a very big room (Uluwatu Suite) with a nice bathroom and sleepingroom. The swimmingpool is funny and relaxed. They have a buggy to bring you to the beach were you can have towels and nice beach loungers. The beach is as well nice. We rented a scooter to visit Uluwatu and beached and we went to Kuta to shop. So a really good place to stay as well. We have a massage in there Spa which was also great. Breakfast is as well good and you can have dinner at several nice places.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TutithvS,

Thank you for your review about Kupu Kupu! It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I cannot add anything to your wonderful comment and I hope that we will see you again soon in the future!

Warmest regards from Jimbaran,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

CC: Thibaud, GM in-charge

Take note on my fair comments.

What I like
- Everything in the room is of Tip top condition. Very classy , impressive.
- Staff - Excellent
- Food - excellent
- Pillow and bed .. above A1
- Complimentary tea is excellent!

What could be improved
Hotel lobby is warm, air conditioning needs to go up a little
Using conventional room key (one only) is pretty inconvenient
Corridor door to Room 20 is always wet.

There was a small cockroach crawling on the empty breakfast table when we sat. ( I am not too annoyed about this, after all it is Bali and we are in the mist of nature. Just take note)

I was surprised that the food outlets are rather expensive as compared to the main belt Kuta hotel I stayed at.

-------------------

Overall
Quite a distance to the beach..nothing much at Jimbaran.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Chrix C,

Thank you very much for your review of Kupu Kupu Suites!

I am glad that you found the room to be classy and impressive, and that you consider the service of the staff to be excellent!

Thank you as well for suggesting improvements to the hotel, I will work on those with my team to ensure a perfect stay for our future guests.

I believe you found Jimbaran to be very quiet. I agree that it is a destination with less activities than in Seminyak or Kuta: It is a favourite for people who are mostly interested with the beach, in Jimbaran or in the Bukit Peninsula. I think that within the next couple of years, Jimbaran will develop rapidly and there should be a lot more options for restaurants and shopping.

We all hope to see again then for your next trip to Bali...

Best regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just spent a 4d3n trip at kupu kupu jimbaran for our wedding anniversary. Kupu kupu jimbaran is a unique boutique sized hotel with rooftop suites. We stayed at the duplex suite alongside the rooftop swimming pool. The room is clean, cozy and decorated in a romantic setting. I particularly enjoyed my night time swim in the pool which is not crowded, you can truly feel 'bali' watching the stars while dipping yourself in the pool under the romantic moonlight. Staffs are generally great but sometimes you can find a group of staffs clustering around the reception and chitchating away. The customer service skill of staffs need to be improved. We were given free daily breakfast at the chocolate cafe, free daily high tea, IDR 500000 daily meal coupon to be used at one if it's 4 restaurants and a 60 mins body massage at their high end bamboo spa by loccitane. It was very value for money given that per day rate was around 180usd only. They provide free buggy service to jimbaran beach club however the beach is easily accessible by foot in 5 mins time . The bottom if this hotel is the jimbaran corner shopping centre- nothing it shout about but adequately equipped with a pharmacy, a bookshop (think is closing down) , restaurants , souvenir shops, handicraft shops and a loccitane products shop. I would suggest to have a minimart too so that guests can buy daily necessities easily without walking out to other jimbaran area. The only thing I am disappointed with is that I read from other travel blogs that rooms are equipped with loccitane products for guest usage , my wife is a fanatic of this brand however we realize that the room shampoo, soap, conditioner and shower gel are not loccitane as previously illustrated by other travelers.

Pro: value for money , romantic setting suitable for couple, friendly staffs, clean and spacious room, easily accessible to jimbaran beach , generally good food provided by chocolate cafe and topemg restaurant

Cons: bamboo spa price is on a High end side ( no loccitane free gift given even when we top up money for treatment , the only free gift given is mango massage oil and a packet of brown sugars), spa aircon not sufficient . We encounter 02 cockroaches in our room ( not the resort fault I supposed but it was dealt with professionally by a male staff that we rang at the middle of the night) . Sometimes too many staffs working around you while you are relaxing next to the pool. Staff knowledge ( when we asked a staff about any good Indonesian restaurant to recommend, the staff just told us ' not sure') . The check out process ( the male staff wasn't friendly)

Recommended for : couple seeking for valued hideaway , a hotel nearby jimbaran beach , couple who knows the area well as staff might not be able to give any recommendations. Couple who would like to experience the hospitality and room structure and setting as kupu kupu ubud

Room Tip: Choose the duplex rooftop suite which is spacious and romantic, easy access to swimming pool
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Satjexon,

Thank you for your review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran and for your stay with us.

Our promotion Daily Spa + Voucher is indeed very good value as our guests can benefits from treatments in Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane and eat in our restaurants (in particular Chocolate Café, in the Top 10 restaurants of TripAdvisor for Jimbaran) for much less than the actual price.

As you say, our hotel is usually recommended for couples and honeymooners as a first or last stop during their trips in Bali. We also have two family rooms (soon a third one will open).

We are trying to develop the knowledge of our staff when recommending restaurants and activities. Especially, we have created a map with all the main attractions and sights in the area. I've sampled a fair number of restaurants in Jimbaran and I'm also always happy to give recommendations too. I am sorry that we were not able to help you on that point during your stay.

The shopping center below the hotel is indeed convenient even though it is small. We do not have a minimart, but there is one just 50 meters from the hotel as well as a 24-hour clinic.

At last, we do not have L'Occitane Amenities in our rooms currently but we are planning to have them again, with a different format starting in February 2014.

I take note of the cons you noted and I will do my best do improve all those points.

Thank you again for your feedback to us. Looking forward to welcoming you again in Jimbaran in the future,

Best regards,