“Classy Hotel”

Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Classy Hotel”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

CC: Thibaud, GM in-charge

Take note on my fair comments.

What I like
- Everything in the room is of Tip top condition. Very classy , impressive.
- Staff - Excellent
- Food - excellent
- Pillow and bed .. above A1
- Complimentary tea is excellent!

What could be improved
Hotel lobby is warm, air conditioning needs to go up a little
Using conventional room key (one only) is pretty inconvenient
Corridor door to Room 20 is always wet.

There was a small cockroach crawling on the empty breakfast table when we sat. ( I am not too annoyed about this, after all it is Bali and we are in the mist of nature. Just take note)

I was surprised that the food outlets are rather expensive as compared to the main belt Kuta hotel I stayed at.

-------------------

Overall
Quite a distance to the beach..nothing much at Jimbaran.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Chrix C,

Thank you very much for your review of Kupu Kupu Suites!

I am glad that you found the room to be classy and impressive, and that you consider the service of the staff to be excellent!

Thank you as well for suggesting improvements to the hotel, I will work on those with my team to ensure a perfect stay for our future guests.

I believe you found Jimbaran to be very quiet. I agree that it is a destination with less activities than in Seminyak or Kuta: It is a favourite for people who are mostly interested with the beach, in Jimbaran or in the Bukit Peninsula. I think that within the next couple of years, Jimbaran will develop rapidly and there should be a lot more options for restaurants and shopping.

We all hope to see again then for your next trip to Bali...

Thibaud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just spent a 4d3n trip at kupu kupu jimbaran for our wedding anniversary. Kupu kupu jimbaran is a unique boutique sized hotel with rooftop suites. We stayed at the duplex suite alongside the rooftop swimming pool. The room is clean, cozy and decorated in a romantic setting. I particularly enjoyed my night time swim in the pool which is not crowded, you can truly feel 'bali' watching the stars while dipping yourself in the pool under the romantic moonlight. Staffs are generally great but sometimes you can find a group of staffs clustering around the reception and chitchating away. The customer service skill of staffs need to be improved. We were given free daily breakfast at the chocolate cafe, free daily high tea, IDR 500000 daily meal coupon to be used at one if it's 4 restaurants and a 60 mins body massage at their high end bamboo spa by loccitane. It was very value for money given that per day rate was around 180usd only. They provide free buggy service to jimbaran beach club however the beach is easily accessible by foot in 5 mins time . The bottom if this hotel is the jimbaran corner shopping centre- nothing it shout about but adequately equipped with a pharmacy, a bookshop (think is closing down) , restaurants , souvenir shops, handicraft shops and a loccitane products shop. I would suggest to have a minimart too so that guests can buy daily necessities easily without walking out to other jimbaran area. The only thing I am disappointed with is that I read from other travel blogs that rooms are equipped with loccitane products for guest usage , my wife is a fanatic of this brand however we realize that the room shampoo, soap, conditioner and shower gel are not loccitane as previously illustrated by other travelers.

Pro: value for money , romantic setting suitable for couple, friendly staffs, clean and spacious room, easily accessible to jimbaran beach , generally good food provided by chocolate cafe and topemg restaurant

Cons: bamboo spa price is on a High end side ( no loccitane free gift given even when we top up money for treatment , the only free gift given is mango massage oil and a packet of brown sugars), spa aircon not sufficient . We encounter 02 cockroaches in our room ( not the resort fault I supposed but it was dealt with professionally by a male staff that we rang at the middle of the night) . Sometimes too many staffs working around you while you are relaxing next to the pool. Staff knowledge ( when we asked a staff about any good Indonesian restaurant to recommend, the staff just told us ' not sure') . The check out process ( the male staff wasn't friendly)

Recommended for : couple seeking for valued hideaway , a hotel nearby jimbaran beach , couple who knows the area well as staff might not be able to give any recommendations. Couple who would like to experience the hospitality and room structure and setting as kupu kupu ubud

Room Tip: Choose the duplex rooftop suite which is spacious and romantic, easy access to swimming pool
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Satjexon,

Thank you for your review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran and for your stay with us.

Our promotion Daily Spa + Voucher is indeed very good value as our guests can benefits from treatments in Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane and eat in our restaurants (in particular Chocolate Café, in the Top 10 restaurants of TripAdvisor for Jimbaran) for much less than the actual price.

As you say, our hotel is usually recommended for couples and honeymooners as a first or last stop during their trips in Bali. We also have two family rooms (soon a third one will open).

We are trying to develop the knowledge of our staff when recommending restaurants and activities. Especially, we have created a map with all the main attractions and sights in the area. I've sampled a fair number of restaurants in Jimbaran and I'm also always happy to give recommendations too. I am sorry that we were not able to help you on that point during your stay.

The shopping center below the hotel is indeed convenient even though it is small. We do not have a minimart, but there is one just 50 meters from the hotel as well as a 24-hour clinic.

At last, we do not have L'Occitane Amenities in our rooms currently but we are planning to have them again, with a different format starting in February 2014.

I take note of the cons you noted and I will do my best do improve all those points.

Thank you again for your feedback to us. Looking forward to welcoming you again in Jimbaran in the future,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the design and uniqueness of this hotel.
Friendly and helpful staff members throughout my stay. The ambience is fantastic and really suitable for travelers who wants a fuss free holiday, with a great place to chill out and pamper themselves. The Jimbaran Beach Club which is 3 min buggy ride away is a great place to lounge around.
Location wise, its close distance to airport is a plus. However do be warned that the area can get pretty quiet with shops and restaurants generally closing at around 10.30pm. Therefore, for those who wants nightlife, be prepared to head out to areas like Seminyak or Kuta.
Overall, it has been a perfect short break for me to recharge and rejuvenate. Will definitely be back again for this great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SharonKmf
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear SharonKmf,

Thank you very much for your comment about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. I am happy that you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel and that you had a great holiday.

It is true that Jimbaran is rather quiet when compared with Seminyak or Kuta. Since the new toll road and the underpass road have opened, these 2 cities are more easily accessible: About 25 minutes for Kuta and 35 minutes for Seminyak.

In Jimbaran, the activities are mostly for day time: The beaches (Jimbaran and all around Bukit: Dreamland, Balangan, Pandawa, etc), some fantastic sunset venues, the seafood restaurants, and some shopping as well in Jimbaran Corner.

We will all be happy to welcome you back in Jimbaran. If you make a booking, please check our website first or email us directly to receive our best deals and offers.

Warmest regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Located in Jimbaran, this hotel is located above a small shopping centre. The shopping centre only consists of some local boutiques and restaurants. Entering the lobby you feel like you are in an exclusive spa, you are welcomed with a unique design of lobby, nice ambience and aromatherapy fragrance. Impressive. Check in was fast, staff was friendly and attentive. The rooms are located on 3rd floor (top of the building). As soon as you exit the lift, you could see a long swimming pool with sunbathing bed at the end of it facing a forest/garden. The room is huge, we booked the two-storeys room. Dominant wooden decoration and floor. First floor is a living room and bathroom with bathtub in the middle of the room. Ammenities are great and complete. Second floor is the bed and balcony. The bed is so comfortable and huge. Don't forget that they have a beach club 5 mnts away by buggy (provided by the hotel) and you could have breakfast on the beach club. I was dissapointed by the quality of the breakfast in the beach club though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rhendarto
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Rhendarto,

Thank you very much for your review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran! We are glad that you had a fantastic stay with us and your comment certainly motivates us all.

As mentioned in a previous answer that I posted a few days ago to a tripadvisor comment, I will work with the team on the ways to improve our breakfast at the beach club. We have less options there than in Chocolate Café so I will also make a wider food selection. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly to share in detail about your breakfast experience in the beach club (thibaud at kupubarong dot com).

Warmest regards,

United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great rooms, over two floors with a lovely balcony looking at the pool. The beach buggy was a great little extra, taking only 3 mins to the beach. Overall I really liked this hotel but have some negative points:

1. Beach club staff were not very attentive
2. Breakfast at the beach club was poor and the juices were not 'fresh' as advertised
3. I had asked for late check-out, I tried to confirm over the course of my stay and seemed to get a multitude of different answers. Eventually I spoke to the manager the day we left, who told me I could not check-out late. It was a shame I couldn't get a straight answer earlier
4. Unfortunate stagnant water smell around the pool areas

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nwhoran,

Thank you for your stay in Kupu Kupu Jimbaran and for your constructive remarks.

I am happy that you really liked the hotel and I will work on the improvements you noted for our future guests.

In particular, we will work on the service and the quality of the breakfast in the beach club. We have made an agreement with the fishermen of Jimbaran to recruit only staff within this community. We have trained most of them from the beginning and we still need to improve their skills to reach Bali's highest standards. I hope this can be done soon.

Regarding the late check out, the hotel was almost full at the time of your stay and we tried to accommodate your request. We had to wait until the last minute to confirm to you that it was not available because we were still thinking there could be a cancellation. We certainly did not explained the situation very well to you and we are sorry that you couldn't get the information you needed faster.

As you are living nearby in Singapore, I hope that you will visit us again in the future. If you do so, please visit our own website to get our best offers and prices.

Warmest regards from Jimbaran,

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 5 nights. After staying in Seminyak and Ubud we enjoyed Jimbaran. No night life to speak of, but great beach and just as many locals as tourists. Hotel is small and convenient, being part of a small, relatively classy shopping mall, but this could be a bit off-putting for some. We got an upgrade and had a huge suite and own patio; almost too big! Bed etc was top class.
The pool was just great. Bali can be very noisy but usually you just had some background noise from the traffic while sunbathing
The hotel is NOT on the beach. It's just a 3 min golf buggy ride away. Was a little disappointed about this at first, but that didn't last, as the hotel's beach club was very enjoyable. Here you can lounge away a whole afternoon just watching the local life go by, swimming/body-surfing in the sea and enjoying the great fruit juices and beer - my highlight.
The service in the hotel was excellent if a little over the top at times. On the first night they were digging up the local road (at 2:00 am !) and the morning after the manager found us, explained the situation and offered to relocate us to a room further away from the road (not necessary). Additionally the toilet was flushing with dirty water at one point and this was repaired within the hour.
Everything was pretty new and well maintained
Overall it was a nice and relaxing visit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philip H
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Philip H,

Thank you very much for writing a review about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were fully satisfied with our service and facilities.

As you mentioned, the hotel is not on the beach. It is on Jalan Uluwatu, a street which is parallel to the beach, 300 meters from it. To go to the beach, it is possible to walk about 5-10 minutes, or use our small car for about 3 min.

We are one of the few hotels in Jimbaran to have our own beach club though, which is located in one of the nicest part of Jimbaran Beach (between the Four Seasons Hotel and the Intercontinental Hotel). We are also 300 meters from the famous Jimbaran seafood BBQ cafés.

Thank you again for your stay with us, we hope to see you again soon in Jimbaran...

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel is very clean and tidy. Stylist design from lobby to your room. Very where with green view and feel comfortable.
Only 20 minutes to airport and very convenient location to beach.
Nice breakfast and service.
Don't forget to book their spa centre earlier as their high quality of service always make it fully booked!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Gloria T
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Gloria T,

Thank you very much for your comment about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran!

We are all very happy that everything went perfect during your stay.

Regarding our Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, we do advise advance booking as it is indeed rather crowded. We are currently training new therapists in order to make it more easy to get an appointment.

Hoping to see you soon again in Jimbaran,