“What a fine place to be”

Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We like everything from the first moment. Kindness of the staff, decoration of the rooms, a very cosy pool, shuttle to the beach, afternoon tea tima, what a delight. The only slight not so good thing was the place at the beach that seems to be improved

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear JProenca,

Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel.

Our beach club had some serious issues early June following big waves which destroyed part of it. We have repaired it since and I believe it is much nicer now. We have expanded it, and we have added equipments such as sofas and body boards.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the near future to show you our progresses on these points...

Kindest regards from Jimbaran,

There are newer reviews for Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Whilst I would say I have stayed at flashier hotels, during our short one night stay at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran it would have been impossible to fault the experience.

Room was beautiful, with a bath-tub in the centre of the room. It was much bigger than expected. It was perhaps an upgrade, but they didn't feel the need to shout about it!

We had breakfast by the beach free of charge in the beach club (provided by the hotel to customers) and didn't bat an eyelid when I wanted more pancakes. The staff happily brought me towels at the swimming pool when I forgot mine.

The real clincher was the fact that I had left my headphones in Ubud on checking out of a previous hotel. They managed to get them back for me by travelling up to Ubud completely free of charge! I don't know if they made the trip especially but I was so pleased. Exemplary!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear David A,

Thank you very much for your comment about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran.

We do our maximum to offer the best service we can to our guests and I am happy that you noticed our efforts.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you again in the near future,

Kindest regards from Jimbaran,

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Different from main stream hotels, boutique with great 2 story room with the best bed ever.
Just 16 rooms surrounding a beautiful pool, very friendly staff, great breakfast and close to the beach.
The beach and JBC, Jimbaran Brach Club, are not the most spectacular but who needs them with such an amazing pool.
Jimbaran is a nice central location for visiting the surrounding areas like Kuta ( terrible), Sanur, Nusa Penida etc.
The choice and quality of breakfast at Chocolate cafe are very good.
All together an amazing stay at a great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Ed S,

Thank you very much for your comment about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran!

I can only agree with everything you noted and I just wish to see you again next time in Jimbaran!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've good experience in kupu-kupu jimbaran hotel, they have beautiful room especially muaya type very nice :). This hotel have big room with 2 floors and have complete facility room. This place very quiet from noise. Suit for honeymoon.

Room Tip: Choice for muaya room! and all room very quite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Prima U,

Thank you very much for your comments about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. As you wrote, we are very popular with honeymooners looking for a unique and comfortable hotel during their stay in Bali...

We all hope to see you again in Jimbaran soon...

Best regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is great value for money compared to most other hotels in the area. The entrance is a bit dark, and not very welcoming, we would suggest having more light in the reception area. The location is very good as it is situated above a shopping mall and within walking distance to the beach. The beach club is fantastic for watching the sun go down over Jimbaran Bay as it is raised from the beach and you can observe all the action without being harassed to buy anything. the loungers are comfortable and if you don't want to walk there is a free goft cart shuttle. The manager of the hotel Pande is really nice, but the other staff seem a bit unorganized though still nice. The rooms are nicely decorated in Balinese style with great open bathrooms. We stayed in both styles of rooms and actually preferred the cheaper one for aspect. One suggestion would be to have more tea selection in the rooms. The pool is very nice and there are always enough loungers around it. Breakfast was delicious, the Chocolate cafe has the best pastries around. Dinner was not that great at the same place, we had vietnamese rolls which were falling apart and another dish which was bland. Definitely go to Chocolate Cafe for sweets and drinks but nothing else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear ManuelaMarco,

Thank you very much for your stay in Kupu Kupu Jimbaran and for your review of the hotel.

I took notes of your comments about improvements and I will submit them to the owner, in particular regarding the lighting in the lobby area, the tea in the rooms and the number of sunbeds in the swimming pool.

I think that you are correct to say that Chocolate Café has the best cakes and pastries around Jimbaran, though I am sorry that you didn't feel the same way about our other food. I wish that you could come again to try it as I'm sure we could make you change your mind.

I am also sorry that you found our staff to be unorganized. I will certainly continue to work hard to train them and to improve our services.

We hope to see you again in Kupu Kupu Jimbaran soon. if you do, don't forget to book directly with us by email to enjoy our best rates and packages: reservation@kupujimbaran.com.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

KupuKupu has excellent service, the reception try their best to fill the guest's wishes. I have normally sleep problem in a strange place, but not in KupuKupu, the mattress is very comfortable, and I had the best sleep during my trip in Bali. The free cafe in the afternoon is very warm hearted and the cakes taste good. Recomment. Unfortunately the beach club is not so private as we expected. But the sunset is amazing... ...

Room Tip: The room with pool view is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Stabilo3003,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you slept so well!

Regarding the beach club, it is true that it is open to the public, but only hotel guests have access to its facilities for free. Our guests can also enjoy complimentary use of our body boards, games, shower, etc...

We hope to see you again soon in Kupu Kupu. If you wish to book again with us, do not hesitate to send us a mail directly at reservation@kupujimbaran.com to benefit from our best available rates and packages.

Best regards from Jimbaran,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed 2 nights and I was very pleased with the room. We stayed in uluwatu suite and it is gorgeous with very spacious room. Bathtub was situated nicely in the bathroom area though the basin area was a little low for my boyfriend when he needed to wash his face as he's rather tall.

The mattress was amazingly comfortable! We had a very big mattress and at some point we were so far from each other =p everytime I returned to the room, we couldn't wait to just dive in the fluffy mattress.

Kupu kupu would be nice if there weren't any kids making noises. The serenity and tranquality sometimes are important. Just pointing out some suggestions.

We would love to come back as we are happy with the room given and the photos provided by kupu kupu jimbaran are exactly the same! We are a happy customers.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear BethKiss2012,

Thanks a lot for your review of our hotels and for all the positive points you mention!

We are sorry that you were inconvenienced by the noise of children. Our clients are usually mostly couples and honeymooners but we are also welcoming families in one of our 2 family suites. If the noise of other guests becomes a disturbance, we are always happy to communicate with them to improve the situation. I believe such disturbance are extremely rare and I would like to apologize again if this caused you any trouble.

As you live in Singapore, we hope that we will see you again soon in Bali!. If so, please do not hesitate to send us an email directly at reservation@kupujimbaran.com to enjoy our best rates and offers.

Best regards from Jimbaran,