“excellent seafood by the white beach”
Review of Lei Lei - CLOSED

Lei Lei
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It is one of the beach restaurant one can find going out of Intercontinental Hotel to the beach (turning left)
Reviewed November 3, 2013

a must to try in Bali, eat right on the sandy white beach with very fresh fish and clams. Loved it especially during sunset. Kids get busy by the beach so we can enjoy our coupled dinner. Superb service too.

2  Thank gill_zchets

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had dinner there on the beach only because it had a bigger menu with other dishes (satay, noodles, rice etc) as I was feeling quite hungry. The basting on the seafood was nice.. but the "fresh" "live" mudcrab had an odd taste to it.. I can't pinpoint what it was but when we ate it, it certainly did not taste fresh. The texture was off and soft and grainy. And there was no sweetness. On top of that, I had a stomach ache for 2 days afterwards. My partner didn't eat any crab and he was fine.. I can't be 100% sure it was the crab. but it looked like it.

1  Thank Kim N
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After reading some really promising reviews we decided on Lei Lei. We had a great table right at the front of the beach and loved receiving a welcome drink on arrival! The service was average, we asked a few questions about how one meal was prepared (tiger prawns) and our questions were answered incorrectly so we presume he just said yes to keep us happy. I ordered boiled lobster which came served with hot chips and a salad. My friend had the tiger prawns. We also had spring rolls as a starter which were nice. The lobster was so poorly cleaned, and very little meat inside at all. It was chock a block full of fried onions which I didn't eat but thought was a little odd. Inside the shell was black and just awful. The tiger prawns were also poorly cleaned and cooked with the shells and everything still on (which was what we had questioned when ordering). Being covered in sauce it made it difficult for my friend to peel and eat them. Anyway we made a complaint to our server who didn't understand and brought the manager down to see us. They did not charge for the lobster dish and charged half price for the prawns as a gesture of good will which I appreciated.
All in all it was a nice spot to watch the sun set and have a meal however I would recommend choosing a spot with a better rating. Fairly shocked this one is rated number 11 in Jimbaran Bay!

1  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I enjoyed eating on the beach. The service was terrific. There are many places to choose from so we just picked one. They accepted credit cards which was great. I was really happy with my meal. The food is excellent and very inexpensive. I would recommend eating here. The food is really fresh, the staff is friendly and willing to show you what you're about to eat before you buy it.

2  Thank Frances W
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Lovely seafood and quite a wide menu compared to other restaurants in the vicinity, great value, we would recommend - nice furniture too which stands out on the beach!

3  Thank suzyhmccoy