We stayed at the Villa Mango Tree for 10 nights and it was a wonderful experience for us. We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa and it was absolutely fabulous.
Beautiful villa with lush green trees, as beautiful as seen on the pictures
Good size swimming pool and it’s always warm as the sun was above it most of the time
The villa is located conveniently about 5 minutes walk to the Jimbaran Beach where all the nice seafood restaurants are.
It is a small villa complex and unlike the big hotel chain, you walk out of the door and you could see the real Bali – how people live and work. We’ve been to Nusa Dua and as much as there were lovely big hotels, you felt quite indifferent as it could be anywhere in the world.
The staffs were really helpful. They were very polite and efficient. Apart from daily cleaning and breakfast, they also helped to book our taxi and played with our little one.
Owner Andrea was very helpful too. She has been answering our query long before we arrived. The manager Nicole gave us lots of tips on where to eat and travel, sightseeing, airport tax, car rental etc. She even helped us to arrange our babycot for us.
The not so good:
It is a bit dark outside the villa complex and the local dogs might bark at you. I was assured that the dogs only barked and usually caused no problem.
1. If you pre book a taxi, they could charge you minimum price of 250,000 Indonesian Rupiah
2. I was stung by jellyfish whilst swimming in Jimbaran beach, the local was helpful to give me onion and oil to cool it down. Maybe local could give you some tips on whether there are jellyfish in the sea?
3. The seafood restaurants on the beach cook the same way with more or less the same kind of sauces. It is important to see which restaurant have fresher fish before you get into one
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mango Tree Villas, situated in the heart of Jimbaran village, capture the very essence of the Balinese lifestyle with a contemporary elegance accent. The one and two bedroom villas, shaded under old mango trees, are an ideal choice for travellers with a sense of adventure, a passion for authentic surroundings and a thirst for new experiences. The villas are a short walk to Jimbaran market and temple, a five minute stroll to the famous Jimbaran beach and 10 minute drive from the airport or to the shopping and entertainment areas of Kuta and Seminyak. The formal Balinese architecture makes use of local materials, such as white Palimanan stone, teak wood, and Paras river stone, together with wooden iron wooden shingle roofs. Location: Jimbaran village is located on the southern tip of the island of Bali on the slopes of Bukit Peninsula. The white sandy beaches of Jimbaran bay are only 15-minute drive from the famous Uluwatu temple, Nusa Dua and Kuta Beach. Jimbaran is a great fishing village with stunning white-sand beach that is considered to be one of the Bali’s most beautiful beaches. The village is admired with families for its gentle tides, dramatic sunsets, brightly painted fishing boats and numerous famous beachfront seafood restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mango Tree Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Tree Villas Bali/Jimbaran