“A real jewel”

Aahh Bali Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 98 Jimbaran B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Aahh Bali B&B for four nights in March.

We were treated so well from start to finish.
Bob and Lydia couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. We felt so relaxed straight away.
The advice we got from Bob was fantastic, it really help us have a wonderful holiday.

We stayed in the suite and it was a really lovely room.
In the room there was a fridge stocked with water, beer and chocolates. Lots of towels, toothbrush toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo - basically everything you need!

The breakfast table overlooks the pool, a very pleasant place to sit.
We had eggs each morning and they were cooked to perfection!
My husband loved the fresh pastries! Lydia is really a fantastic chef!

We would highly recommend Aahh Bali B&B to friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Aahh Bali Bed and Breakfast for 8 days in February. It was a delightful experience from beginning to end. When we arrived Bob had arranged for us to go through customs with ease and we were picked up by their driver and Bob and Lydia and provided with cold water and cool towels. The bed and breakfast is an oasis of calm and beauty. The room was nice and very clean. We enjoyed the swimming pool and the warm hospitality provided by Bob and Lydia. Lydia is a five star chef and each morning we looked forward to a different home baked breakfast treat made fresh daily by Lydia, as well as various breakfast choices. The French toast is the best! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Bali Bob provided a wealth of information about things to see and do, places to eat and transportation. We would highly recommend Aahh Bali and look forward to going bck again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hidden away off a main bustling street is an oasis of relaxation. Even before we arrived on the island, Bali Bob had made his mark with us. He gave us great advice on cell phones, transport, beaches and other areas to visit. Bali Bob's compound is beautifully landscaped and decorated. The pool and outdoor sitting areas are refreshing and quiet. Although the room was a little dark, it was big, spotless and well stocked (with very reasonable prices on drinks & snacks). The room even had a beautiful, private, outdoor shower area. The breakfast each morning, prepared by Lydia the professional chef and partner of Bali Bob, was unbelievable! The fresh pastries were a wonderful treat. I would recommend staying at "Aahh Bali" if you are visiting the beaches or wish to stay near the airport. Bali Bob and Lydia are giving hosts and "Aahh Bali" is a tremendous value.

Room Tip: Room "A" has a beautiful private outdoor shower area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a very nice and quiet place to getaway.
Bob and Lydia, the owner of this place are great people. They made us feel at home.They went to the airport to pick us up even though Bob just had a minor surgery on his foot.

They made sure that we are very well taken care of and recommended us places to have our dinner or have a beer.
They also have an impressive collection of movies in their movie room.
The place is a bit inaccessible. Probably because we were not sure of the location of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank bierhofftw
Reviewed February 20, 2014

it's very quiet place to stay but difficult to find, near jinbaran beach ride a motorcycle takes 10mins. staffs and Bob are very friendly and nice breakfast $5 per person.
the only unhappy thing happened was we rent motorcycle and paid almost $67 for maintainace cost, and we were forget to check the motorcycle before we rent and take a picture to prove that we didn't damage the motorcycle, but we have to pay because my passport was with him, i can't get my passport if I didn't pay for it, so I have to pay without any explaination, it really make us disappoint, when we travel at Taiwan, had accident when we ride motorcycle, when we return it they didn't ask any charge. If you had this rule for people who rent your motorcycle, you should clarify with us before we rent it. This is my first time to write review, why I'm posting here just to remind everyone who will rent motorcycle here, before you rent it take a note and check the motorcycle whether had marks or damage.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded March 16, 2014

I'd like to start by thanking you for your review and giving me the opportunity to clear up a few things. Like any business we have different marketing packages. Booking.com is our budget program that does not offer as much as if one books direct, but we love them, because they don't charge you anything ahead of time and you pay when you stay. We offer free coffee tea or milk and fresh pastry now for those guests as well as an a la carte menu they can order from if they want something made to order.
I'm sure it is just a language thing, but you were not charged for maintenance, but damage to the motor bike. As you already know I had it repaired as cheaply as I could and returned almost half of your deposit already. These were not regular rentals but our own personal motor bikes that we keep in like new condition. Our normal source was unavailable and it was my fault for renting ours to you for $5 a day when I saw how shaky you were on them. However, I can not imagine any rental place not charging you for damage unless it was just an oversight. But I am taking your suggestion and when I have to rent ours out I will be sure the guests inspect them thoroughly in my presents.
I am truly sorry you were disappointed in any way. The last thing we would want to do is take advantage of anyone and certainly not newlyweds. Best of luck in your future together.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

For a stop over this is a very nice and quiete place. It is close to the airport (10 minutes drive) but very difficult to find. The owner gave us directions in advance but still it took us some time to find the small road. There is no sign at the main road so we asked several people like taxi drivers but none of them knew the place or the off road leading to the B&B. The place itself is very nice and cosy but for a longer stay I would recommend other places. The main road is very busy and at rush hours it might take 30 to 50 minutes for 5 kilometers!
Breakfast was good but not extraordinary. The owner is nice and helpful but Jimbaran itself is not an area I would recommend because of the havy traffic. new hotels all over the area. Too many people and too little choice of roads.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I completed a vacation to Indonesia by visiting Padang Padang, Uluwatu and Jimbaran beaches. We came across the reviews on Aahh Bali and decided to book. Upon arrival we were welcomed by owners Lydia and Bob to a large, very clean and comfortable room complete with a stocked mini fridge. The B&B is about 5 minutes from Jimbaran beach and you can get there by using Aahh Bali's bicycles, scooters ($5/day) or private driver. We used the scooters to visit Padang Padang beach and the temple and beach in Uluwatu, each location was a short and fun 15 or so minute ride.

There are a ton of food options near Aahh Bali (Think fresh seafood BBQ) and a wonderful salon nearby that gives amazing massages starting at 75,000 IDR. For me the best thing about Aahh Bali is the location because it is allows short day trips to pretty much any beach in South Bali. I should also mention that Bob and Lydia know a lot of people and can arrange anything from whitewater rafting to treetop zip lining at amazing prices. Honestly, they are more concerned about visitors exploring and experiencing than squeezing money out of them.

In summary, we had a great stay at Aahh Bali and highly recommend it. Good luck to everyone and thank for your hospitality Lydia and Bob

• Stayed: December 2013