“good price”

Aahh Bali Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 97 Jimbaran B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2014

it's very quiet place to stay but difficult to find, near jinbaran beach ride a motorcycle takes 10mins. staffs and Bob are very friendly and nice breakfast $5 per person.
the only unhappy thing happened was we rent motorcycle and paid almost $67 for maintainace cost, and we were forget to check the motorcycle before we rent and take a picture to prove that we didn't damage the motorcycle, but we have to pay because my passport was with him, i can't get my passport if I didn't pay for it, so I have to pay without any explaination, it really make us disappoint, when we travel at Taiwan, had accident when we ride motorcycle, when we return it they didn't ask any charge. If you had this rule for people who rent your motorcycle, you should clarify with us before we rent it. This is my first time to write review, why I'm posting here just to remind everyone who will rent motorcycle here, before you rent it take a note and check the motorcycle whether had marks or damage.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded March 16, 2014

I'd like to start by thanking you for your review and giving me the opportunity to clear up a few things. Like any business we have different marketing packages. Booking.com is our budget program that does not offer as much as if one books direct, but we love them, because they don't charge you anything ahead of time and you pay when you stay. We offer free coffee tea or milk and fresh pastry now for those guests as well as an a la carte menu they can order from if they want something made to order.
I'm sure it is just a language thing, but you were not charged for maintenance, but damage to the motor bike. As you already know I had it repaired as cheaply as I could and returned almost half of your deposit already. These were not regular rentals but our own personal motor bikes that we keep in like new condition. Our normal source was unavailable and it was my fault for renting ours to you for $5 a day when I saw how shaky you were on them. However, I can not imagine any rental place not charging you for damage unless it was just an oversight. But I am taking your suggestion and when I have to rent ours out I will be sure the guests inspect them thoroughly in my presents.
I am truly sorry you were disappointed in any way. The last thing we would want to do is take advantage of anyone and certainly not newlyweds. Best of luck in your future together.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

For a stop over this is a very nice and quiete place. It is close to the airport (10 minutes drive) but very difficult to find. The owner gave us directions in advance but still it took us some time to find the small road. There is no sign at the main road so we asked several people like taxi drivers but none of them knew the place or the off road leading to the B&B. The place itself is very nice and cosy but for a longer stay I would recommend other places. The main road is very busy and at rush hours it might take 30 to 50 minutes for 5 kilometers!
Breakfast was good but not extraordinary. The owner is nice and helpful but Jimbaran itself is not an area I would recommend because of the havy traffic. new hotels all over the area. Too many people and too little choice of roads.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I completed a vacation to Indonesia by visiting Padang Padang, Uluwatu and Jimbaran beaches. We came across the reviews on Aahh Bali and decided to book. Upon arrival we were welcomed by owners Lydia and Bob to a large, very clean and comfortable room complete with a stocked mini fridge. The B&B is about 5 minutes from Jimbaran beach and you can get there by using Aahh Bali's bicycles, scooters ($5/day) or private driver. We used the scooters to visit Padang Padang beach and the temple and beach in Uluwatu, each location was a short and fun 15 or so minute ride.

There are a ton of food options near Aahh Bali (Think fresh seafood BBQ) and a wonderful salon nearby that gives amazing massages starting at 75,000 IDR. For me the best thing about Aahh Bali is the location because it is allows short day trips to pretty much any beach in South Bali. I should also mention that Bob and Lydia know a lot of people and can arrange anything from whitewater rafting to treetop zip lining at amazing prices. Honestly, they are more concerned about visitors exploring and experiencing than squeezing money out of them.

In summary, we had a great stay at Aahh Bali and highly recommend it. Good luck to everyone and thank for your hospitality Lydia and Bob

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank carlton2445
Reviewed November 30, 2013

From the moment I first contacted Bob, through our stay with him and right up to the point I took my baggage into the airport for our departure, this was for us an incredibly positive experience. Bob is a very genial and customer orientated host. His aim 'to treat folk like I want to be treated" was evident from the moment he met us,with iced towels and drinks at the airport (after keeping him waiting for 40 mins). Tucked away, a stroll to the wonderful Jimbaran beach, Bob's 'boutique' accommodation is amazing. He upgraded us to his largest suite "because nobody was using it", beautifully appointed, huge by comparison to the other places we had stayed in Bali, even sporting a state of the art TV to support a DVD collection which must stretch into the thousands of titles. Bob was a mine of local information (do read his tips and follow them), arranging for us a terrific day of sightseeing and shopping with a private driver and car at such a reasonable price. Of course he knows and will suggest the best places to eat and when you get him chatting over breakfast or (as we were lucky to experience) over dinner cooked beautifully by his 5* chef wife Lydia - easily the best meal we had in Bali, he can talk at length about the local area, culture and pretty much anything else you could possibly want to know to make your trip as good as it can be. I've subsequently re read many of his reviews and all I can say is "believe them" he has set an impossibly high benchmark in hospitality for others to achieve as far as I'm concerned. Without hesitation I'd stay with him again and look forward to experiencing his new venture when it eventually opens.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

From the moment Bob met us at the airport at Denpasar, he was welcoming and hospitable. Providing us with cold towels and bottles of water, he gave us tips on where to go, what to do and organised a driver for us for the following day. Nothing was too much trouble for Bob and his wife, Lydia, who treated us as old friends. Our room was well appointed and luxurious with many thoughtful touches and the food was delicious. I can't praise Bob and Lydia and the Aahh Bali highly enough. We had a wonderful stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hello,
We have had the fortune to stay 2 nights at this fabulous guesthouse before flying off to Lombok.

From the time Bob and Lydia met us at the airport ( free transport!) we knew we were in good hands. Cold towels and bottle water handed to us when we hopped into the vehicle for our short 10 minutes drive to the Guesthouse..

Room B was our choice, and it was very large. Traditional in decor, just what we were looking for. Outside shower fantastic as well as another shower and bath inside. Air conditioned, flat screen tv and thousands of DVD 's to view.

Breakfast was fantastic. Cereal, eggs, pastries, and lots more to choose from. We were so content with the Guesthouse we did not want to venture out for dinner, so Bob and Lydia arranged for satay and rice to be delivered. Excellent meal and so cheap.

Beautiful pool and gardens surround the Balinese Guesthouse.

Bob also arranged to cash some AUD for us at an excellent rate.

We borrowed 2 bikes and travelled down to the beach for lunch. The route Bob advised us to travel on was very quiet and very interesting. Sighted lots of houses with families doing their own thing.

We chose the Aahh Guesthouse, as it is close to the airport and designed in a traditional Balinese style. Our suite was huge, has a 4 poster bed and outdoor shower as well as an indoor shower and spa.

Breakfast was fantastic, overlooking the pool, waterfall and tropical gardens. All this for $80 per night!

Regards

RSA

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rsa
Management response:Responded November 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review and booking direct. It may be a little more up front but we can offer so much more in the long run.
We really enjoyed having you as our guests and getting to know you, we hope you will come back and stay longer next time you're in Bali.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Every traveler MUST start their trip with these guys. The B&B is located 15 mins tops from the airport, and Bob (an American) will give you a full run through of places to go, things to be aware of, etc. so you have the best trip ever. I WISH we would have started our trip here! The bed was insanely comfortable (even more so than my bed at home), breakfast was delicious, and the hospitality was the best I experienced on the island. You really feel welcome and comfortable.
They offer complimentary bikes for their guests to use, and have motorbikes available for $5 a day. Bathroom had everything we needed, including toothbrushes, shampoo, and soap. Jimbaran bay is a great little beach too, with some of the best seafood you will find on Bali. Plan on staying at least a few days here.