“Great choice for your Bali holiday !”

Aahh Bali Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 97 Jimbaran B&B and Inns
Queensland
“Great choice for your Bali holiday !”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I spent a very enjoyable week at this excellent B & B. So why stay at Aahh Bali ? The key reason is the excellent hospitality of your hosts: Bob & Lydia. It really does feel like you have two friends in Bali who, in conjunction with their excellent staff, are focused on helping you make the most of your Bali holiday. They made great recommendations on restaurants and massages. Also, drove us to Denpassar to purchase fabric for shirts/dresses then negotiated a great locals price to have them made up. Lydia cooked us a delicous meal one evening and also made great breakfasts every morning. Beautiful spacious rooms and swimming pool just add to the experience.

Great value for money, I have no hesitation in recommending Aahh Bali to anybody for their Bali holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed July 5, 2012

You just cannot do any better if you are looking for a B & B in Bali. Bob and Lydia simply the BEST as hosts, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and gracious.

Room Tip: ANY room is superb
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
Reviewed July 4, 2012

It was one of the most comfortable, personal stay. Totally enjoyed my 2nights in Aahh B&B.
Bob and Lydia were so sweet to pick me up at the airport, and arranged for my transport to the airport as I left. The couple and their staff were so warm and friendly i felt at home! They even recommended places to go and brought me to the beach! The room I stayed in (room c) is clean and well kept, has a comfortable queen sized bed, air conditioned, and has an open shower, where one could look up at the stars in the sky while enjoying a warm cosy shower!
Looking forward to visiting this place again!
Thanks Bob and Lydia once again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The reviews on trip advisor on true. This B & B offers a personalized experience in Bali and the hospitality you would hope from a friend. We felt like we had someone "in-the-know" on our side from the second we stepped through the airport doors. Lydia hooked us up with the best deals and fantastic pastries every morning, and Bob went out of his way to provide us with information, cell phones, rides, you name it. No request was too big or too complicated. The rooms are well-equipped, the AC and showers work well, and the rates are very reasonable. This is the perfect place to stay if you want to "feel like a local." It is back in a tiny alley, surrounded by local houses and families. You can hear roosters and children playing next door, but at the same time it is a beautiful and serene spot (see the photos) and we slept very well there. The location makes for a good spot to do driving day-trips from (which is what many people do while in Bali), and a good location for exploring the Bukit (south) peninsula, including Uluwatu and many of the beautiful remote beaches there. However, it is not the kind of place where you can just pop over to the beach for a swim on a whim (you need to arrange for transportation ahead of time), since the road from there is not easy to walk on. All in all, this did not effect our stay - just something to know when you're booking and planning!

Room Tip: Room A is a little quieter than Room B (as it is farther from the breakfast area). We did not try r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beezers3
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

If you want the personal touch rather than a large anonymous hotel in Bali, this is the place to stay. Bob and Lydia were extremely generous in their hospitality. The quality of service was excellent. From the warm welcome at the airport to the large well appointed bedroom and bathroom with tea and coffee, a fridge, cold water, TV, DVD player, free Wifi internet, as well as toothbrushes and toothpaste, together with access to Bob's extensive collection of DVDs - the attention to detail made it very special. Bob and Lydia even loaned us mobile phones for local calls and arranged for Wayan to change money for us and Minnie to fetch take-aways, if that is what we fancied in the evening. The breakfasts with Lydia's delicious pastries set us up for the day.

They were so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Bali and went the extra mile to accommodate all our requests. They made many helpful suggestions on places to visit and arranged these for us either through the use of their car and driver, Jimmy, or booking them for us. Nothing was too much trouble. At the end of a 5 week trip throughout East Asia, they made the whole of our stay hassle free, which is just what we wanted.

We wish them continued success in their venture and hope that their future plans will be realised.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Simon H
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 28, 2012

To Bob and Lydia, my 2 wonderful and awesomely gracious and warm hosts, THANK YOU for making my solo trip such an unforgettable one...so much so that I had misty eyes when it was time to leave. Not only is the room I was given beautiful, well-appointed and huge, the entire compound exudes a warm and cosy feel...literally a home away from home. I had everything I needed throughout my 7 days' stay and more. From setting me up for the tours and chauffeuring me to the places I wished to visit, to the lovely chit-chats and quiet that I was looking for...and yes, right down to coming along on a white water rafting trip with me!...Lydia and Bob ensured that my stay with them was perfect. This place is also so cosy and warm for a good reason...Bob and Lydia treat their employees like family. Mini (hope I've spelt her name right!) celebrated her birthday on one of the days I was there, and Lydia went beyond what an employer would do...and made the lovely lady a birthday cake to celebrate the occasion. It is no wonder that this cosy little compound is so heavenly...away from traffic, in a place that's not yet polluted by over-commercialism.
THANK YOU Bob, Lydia, Mini, Wayan and Jimmy...and little Scruffy...for giving me this wonderful memory I'll never forget. No qualms recommending Aahh Bali to anyone...and I look forward to going back some day!

Room Tip: Room B, where I stayed, is the largest...it has 1 double bed and 1 single bed. However, I've rea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank matilda_jinx
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We just recently spent 9 nites with Bob, Lydia, Wayan & Minnie based on the strong TA reviews. Our experience exceeded all expectations. From the prompt email replies before arriving right thru to the days well after we had paid the bill.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Bob, Lydia, Jimmy (the driver), cold towels/water at the airport & 15min later arrived at their beautifully constructed villa. Despite our early flight, the room was ready for immediate occupancy and to our delight a full breakfast was offered...great introduction! To make us even more comfortable, local SIM cards were offered & topped up with a simple SMS to Lydia...too easy!

Room A was a very spacious and well laid out guest room. Big four poster bed, sitting area with TV, desk/vanity & large bathroom with shower, tub and outdoor drying area/shower. Unfortunately the outdoor shower head is low and being 6'+ was not good for me. Had I bothered to mention it, Bob would have most likely sorted something to accommodate. Aside from the nearby roosters, the guesthouse neighborhood is near silent making for an excellent sleeping arrangement.

Breakfast was served whenever we liked with no harassment to get done & get out. Being a very early riser myself, every morning I chatted with Lydia while she prepared fresh delicious baked pastries from scratch. The strong Bali coffee & fresh fruit plate were equally as impressive. The first breakfast order I placed was for an egg white omelette with no issue & made perfectly virtually every day I was there.

During our time, the US Masters golf tournament & NHL hockey playoffs had started. Thanks to the lightning fast WIFI connection I was able to stream these events live from N.America with no lapse in the connection. Their internet speed rivals anything you'll find around the globe.

The shared pool area was spotless thanks to Minnie & Wayan's daily cleaning program. This is a great place to chillout with a book & Bintang if you aren't out exploring the island. The water is very refreshing without being cold.

As for accessibility to the surrounding area, it's an easy walk to the main street which has some great restaurants & a Nirmala supermarket within 10min. Do yourself a favor & enjoy a cheap, tasty & proper Indo meal at the Uluwatu II restaurant just past the pizza place. If you're looking to go a bit further you can hire Minnie's motorbike at a ridiculously low 50k IDR/day including helmets. This is a great way to venture across S.Bali. One day I was looking to convert some USD and Lydia arranged for Wayan to take me on her motorbike to the nearest exchange house that offered the best rate. The nite we were heading out to the Uluwatu temple, Bob offered Jimmy to drive us in the van and in return we only paid for fuel & a tip...another example of what a class act these guys are. If you're in need of a metered taxi, Lydia will make the call and someone will show up within minutes.

When it came to daytrips in Central/Northern Bali, we were put in the hands of Dewa. Do not miss out on this experience. Dewa is a young born & raised Balinese who's knowledge of the island & Hindu culture is neverending. He will pick you up @ the guesthouse 10min before your arranged time & navigate your route in a very safe & responsible way, taking all shortcuts to maximize your time. We hired Dewa 5x and told him where we would like to go, he filled in the gaps with local knowledge of other sites along the way. Dewa walked us thru the temples & explained everything as his English is very good. Never once did he bring us to a commission based business so he could earn a few extra rupiah. In addition, his rates are the lowest we found (350k/10hrs & 30k/extra hour).

After discovering that Lydia was a former Grand Hyatt & cruise ship chef, we arranged for a home cooked seafood feast at the guesthouse. In the morning I joined them at the Jimbaran fish market to take pictures while they selected the best quality crab, prawn, squid & clams. That evening we sat down to what was probably the best & most memorable seafood dinner I have ever experienced. Cooked to perfection the Balinese way & complimented with candles not only on the table, but alongside the pool. Great way to end our 9 nite stay.

When we were set to leave, Lydia arranged our transfer across to Gili T. The rate she provided was the local rate with no commission added and was extended to our friends who were staying elsewhere. The same local rate was given to us for a daytrip to Nusa Lembongan. When we returned 6 days later, we were greeted with sandwiches & cold beers. Unfortunately, there was a mistake made with our last nite booking but Bob sorted this out by arranging (and paying!) for one nite at another Jimbaran hotel. This was a smooth move by an awesome couple who know how to take care of their guests. We look forward to returning to Bali and hopefully our friends will have their new property up & running.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter...they are all great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple