“Highlight of Bali ....Must visit”
Review of Rock Bar

Rock Bar
Ranked #15 of 257 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on natural rocks 14 meters above the Indian Ocean at the base of AYANA Resort and Spa BALI's towering cliffs, this innovative open-top Bali bar is the island's most glam sunset and after-dark destination. Soak up the chic ambiance and superstar views as the rhythm of the spot-lit ocean merges with the funky tunes vibing from the DJ booth carved into the cliff-face. Discover Rock Bar's love affair with the sea Rock Bar's new 'Rock Bar Seafood Dinner' invites you to stay after sunset, enjoying premier Mediterranean cuisine beneath the stars. For your dining pleasure, our chefs hand select the freshest deep sea fish and shellfish to create mouth-watering dishes that include king prawns, sardines, calamari, swordfish and lobster. Rock Bar's intimate after-dark experience begins every evening at 7pm, complemented by soothing nu-disco inspired tunes and artisan crafted cocktails prepared with delicious tropical fruit juices and spices. Rock Bar's expansive setting welcomes romantic evenings for two as well as lively private events for up to 880. DRESS CODE Smart attire is required at ALL times. No singlets, board-shorts, alcohol-branded attire will be permitted. In adherence to security measures, backpacks are also not allowed at Rock Bar. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Bengaluru, India
“Highlight of Bali ....Must visit”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Was at the rock bar on the 15th of Jan at 6pm,initially was told that the wait would be for an hour and half ????? but it was not more than 15 minutes.took the cable car and was seated....Amazing view,great way to enjoy the sunset,cocktails & music...Had the summer salad which was excellent.Will definitely visit again.Suggest everyone should visit the rock bar...great place

1 Thank gauroh
AYANARESORT, Manager at Rock Bar, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear ‘gauroh’

Thank you for sharing your experience after visiting Rock Bar Bali.

I am delighted to know that you found the views at Rock Bar amazing especially during sunset, and that you enjoyed the music, creative cocktails and the summer salad from the tapas menu.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rock Bar very soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney
“5 Star - never dissapoints”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

It's my second time in Bali and Rock Bar is still my favourite place to enjoy great views and cocktails in the sunset.

Fantastic service, delicious vegetarian dishes (highly recommend the mango rice paper rolls) and music.

Will go back again for sure.

Visited January 2014
AYANARESORT, Manager at Rock Bar, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear ‘MissDri’

Thank you for sharing your experience and belated welcome back to Rock Bar.

It’s truly rewarding for me to hear that Rock Bar is your favorite sunset venue and that you enjoyed the Mango Rice Paper Rolls from our bar menu.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“We come for the experience”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Amazing view, perfect for the sun downer - nice ambience. A bit long queue only to get there by lift another way to make it faster is walk down thru the steps.
The food is ok, I love their corndog is definitely yummy. Once a while is worth to come - but just be ready for the price.

Dear ‘3ana’,

Thank you for your feedback after visiting Rock Bar Bali. I am pleased that you enjoyed the sunset views and the cuisine. As you mentioned, Rock Bar is busiest over sunset and I recommend non-resident guests arrive by 4pm, as we do provide priority access at the inclinator to in-house guests of RIMBA and AYANA. Alternatively, Rock Bar is equally beautiful at night and does not have the queue of the sunset period.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

“A good experience”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I went to Rock Bar with my friends at 6pm so the queue is not really long (I only waited for 15 minutes for the lift). I have to say that the security in front of Ayana Resort is quite polite, they smile to us as they give us the information about how to get to Rock Bar. So as the security in front of the skyline/lift. He told us about the history of Ayana Resort, about how the owner own mid plaza building and intercontinental hotel in Jakarta :) according to his information, the owner's wife is Japanese and the owner itself is Indonesian.

When I arrived at Rock Bar, it was dark and the sunset is gone but for me, the scene is still very good. The wave is big and it goes through the lower deck. People in Rock Bar cheered when they saw the wave hit the seat (it was empty).

The service is good since they never put off their smile while talking to us (we are locals).
They gave us a free bowl of cassava and wet towel as complimentary and i was very happy for that :)

I bought a can of cola with ice and it was cost around 100.000 IDR but i think it was worth it because the scenery is beautiful.

I will back again if i have time :)

Dear ‘sydhira’

Thank you for sharing your experience after visiting Rock Bar Bali.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the night-time ambience at Rock Bar, with the spot-lit ocean and romantic vibe. I am also delighted that you felt warmly welcomed by our team members and and that the pricing reflects the quality of your experience.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rock Bar and AYANA in the future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice place, funtastic view!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Rock Bar is very nice place to go for reaching the sunset.
Food is very good, nice staff for serving, and funtastic view.

You have to go there.
Anyway, better to do reservation first to get best place.

Those that stay at Ayana Resort got priority, while outside quest, they separated :(

Location: Good,
Service: Good,
Food: Very good
View: Excellent

Note: Please make sure you don't use high heels, because you will walk arround 20 minutes, with stair, then wait for lift to go down to reach rock bar.

• Visited December 2013
Dear ‘meilan_pontoh’

Thank you for your feedback after visiting Rock Bar Bali.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to Rock Bar and especially the view, cuisine, beverages and warm service from our team members.

As you mention, we do provide priority access for guests of AYANA and our new sister hotel RIMBA Jimbaran Bali. Unfortunately we do not take reservations at Rock Bar and since it is busy over sunset, I suggest non-resident guests arrive by 4pm, or take advantage of one of our Spa + Rock Bar packages which do include priority access.

Again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps as a resident guest of AYANA or RIMBA.