“Nice Bar To Enjoy..”

Rock Bar
Ranked #17 of 288 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on natural rocks 14 meters above the Indian Ocean at the base of AYANA Resort and Spa BALI's towering cliffs, this innovative open-top Bali bar is the island's most glam sunset and after-dark destination. Soak up the chic ambiance and superstar views as the rhythm of the spot-lit ocean merges with the funky tunes vibing from the DJ booth carved into the cliff-face. Discover Rock Bar's love affair with the sea Rock Bar's new 'Rock Bar Seafood Dinner' invites you to stay after sunset, enjoying premier Mediterranean cuisine beneath the stars. For your dining pleasure, our chefs hand select the freshest deep sea fish and shellfish to create mouth-watering dishes that include king prawns, sardines, calamari, swordfish and lobster. Rock Bar's intimate after-dark experience begins every evening at 7pm, complemented by soothing nu-disco inspired tunes and artisan crafted cocktails prepared with delicious tropical fruit juices and spices. Rock Bar's expansive setting welcomes romantic evenings for two as well as lively private events for up to 880. DRESS CODE Smart attire is required at ALL times. No singlets, board-shorts, alcohol-branded attire will be permitted. In adherence to security measures, backpacks are also not allowed at Rock Bar. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nice view, This place really has a nice view, On a cliff near a ocean. we can have a beer and chat with friends while waiting for a sunset. nice atmosphear and music..

Write a ReviewReviews (4,269)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Incredible place! The drinks and the view are amazing. The night passes before you as you listen to great music and watch the sunset.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This bar has to be the top 5 Must-See places in entire Bali! Why?

- It is literally located, if not, mounted on a large rock. Thus, the Rock Bar. Have you been to a bar on a rock?
- I recommend to be a hotel guest at Ayana so you can go into the 'priority line' and pass the long waiting line.
- There's a cable car that takes you from the top of the cliff to the bottom that leads to the Rock Bar. This 1-minute ride is another romantic highlight of the Bar.
- Best views around sunset, but the wait in line can be extremely long.
- Night visits were a bliss. We had to come here twice.
- Staff was amazing. They even made a special honeymoon treat - for being a sweet couple? I think it was because I tried my hardest to speak beginner Balinese and Bahasa Indonesia, but who knows? Practice your Indonesian!
- My favorite seats: at the bar! The bar glows and you can get better treatment by being nice to the bartenders and simply having a nice conversation with them.
- Cocktails were about USD 12 a piece. This is comparable to my hometown in Los Angeles. You can't beat this price with a beautiful vantage point of the ocean and the cliff-side.
- There was a long list of cocktails. I ordered my usual favorite, bourbon with mint julep, and loved it.
- If you're an Ayana guest, visit the Infinity Pool that is located next to the Rock Bar. It is a totally missed hidden gem. You can order drinks while you sip in the Inifinity Pool and enjoy the sunset or anytime of the day.
- No reservations taken due to the popular attraction. Be a hotel guest at Ayana and no wait guaranteed.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

You should not visit Bali and miss out on a trip to the Rock Bar. It sits on the southern tip of Bali overlooking the Indian Ocean and sunsets are fabulous. I really enjoyed this bar and would say that it is a must see. Fortunately for us, we had friends who were staying at the Ayana so we had absolutely no problem getting in. Couple of tips, get there by 4pm and hopefully its not raining. Bring sun block and shades if you are the sort that need that. Order drinks only with crushed ice in them if not everything will get warm really quickly. I enjoyed the caipirinhas there for most part. Also, Ayana has got special seats available for hotel guests. I would highly recommend that you stay at Ayana on the day that you want to visit because it just makes it worthwhile. No point visiting the rock bar and getting horrible seats on a lower deck with a poor view just because you're not a hotel guest. Best idea, stay there on your first night and move to seminyak for the remaining of your trip to Bali. Oh I also visited Kudeta and trust me Ayana is much much better. Distance between Ayana in Jimbaran and Seminyak is about 1 hour tops.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The drinks are good but the rock bar at Ayana is really about the experience.

We don't drink too much but we quite enjoyed the experience from atop the cliff, it was quite a view too.

AYANARESORT, General Manager at Rock Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear ‘Christopher D’

Thank you for your feedback. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Rock Bar, especially the views, service from our team members and the signature cocktails. I will share your feedback with our team who I am sure will feel very appreciated by it. I look forward to welcoming you back to Rock Bar in the near future.

Warm regards,