“cheap and tasty”

Ranked #38 of 278 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I loved the variety of the menu and the fact the kids didn't have to wait too long for a meal.
Food quality was terrific too. Pizza had thin base.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were trying to go to Balique, but it was closed for a private function, so we came to PepeNERO instead.

Now, I have eaten in restaurants in all the inhabited continents over the past year, as well as many around the world for decades. Never has a restaurant been so prompt and efficient in providing food once it has been ordered.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

餐廳地點很好找,而且位置處於半山上,要去一小段樓梯,不過上去後與餐廳門口在馬路旁塵土飛揚完全兩回事,環境清靜,裝修別緻,景觀也很好,我們進餐時是日落時分,雖然看不到日落,但天色由藍到橙到黑也很美麗。食物方面,我們點了prawn pasta with lobster sauce &chicken breast with mushroom sauce,意粉是自家制,很好吃,而且價格非常好,再點了2杯飲品,總數不用US$25,值得再去!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Eating my way through Jimbaran:

We've craved for pizza and went to his restaurant at Temple Hill. When we arrived, we've walked some stairs and once we were up, we had a nice view of the city. The restaurant looks nice, with some pretty details, nice lamps and fans. It has a nice feeling with it.

They have a menu and a menu of the day to choose from.

We got a basket with different kind of breads and some oil. We've both ordered pizza's. Mine was delicious. I know it is a matter of personal taste and it is not what we are used to in Europe, but I liked it. The crust is thin (almost like matze) and you can taste the acidity of the tomatoes. It was simple, but tasty (I had one with pancetta). My husband chose 2 pizza's (prosciutto and calzone) and he loved it! We finished with a creme Brule and some ice cream.

It is bit more expensive (for Indonesian standards), but still really reasonable. The whole diner was 343.000 irp (that is approximately €18,-).
Keep in mind that we've had 3 pizza's, 2 drinks, and 2 deserts.
1 pizza costs around 59.000 irp and 1 scoop of ice 23.000 irp.

If you have the munchies for pizza, check this place out!

Oh, if you let the restaurant call you a cab, please keep in mind that you pay a minimum of 30.000 IRP to the cab driver even though you have to go just around the corner. This is the cab policy as stated in the rules you find in the cab. This is because he is called for you. It's no biggie, but just so you know!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We went to the Pepenero in Jimbaran.
We had to take some stairs up, and came in a more Japanese orientated surrounding.
However, I could laugh about the music they played (with no exception 80's music, specially disco) and the menu looked very good.

The food was also.
First I choose a pizza prosciuto-funghi, my wife choose a pnacetta e grana.
They where rp. 59000 each, and that is a nice price.
The pizza's where thin and crunchy and the toppings taste delicious.
However, my hunger was not over...so while I was finished already, and my wife still eating, I ordered another one...
This time I choose the calzone farcito, rp. 58000, and it was so on time, that my wife was still eating her first pizza...

The pizza was good flavoured, the meat tasted good, and after that pizza, the hunger was over.

We ordered desert, a creme brulee and for me two scoups of "gelati" (vanille and chocolate) and you could taste it was home made.
Creamy, good flavour, great ice-cream.

The bill with drinks (a ginger ale and a tonic) was in total rp. 343000 so about 22 euro's.
Keep in mind that I ordered 2 pizza's....so it could be 4 euro's less.
But it didn't.

I can recommend this restaurant sincerely!