Jimbaran Cliffs Private Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Tanadewa Luxury Villas & Spa(Nusa Dua)
Ellie's(Nusa Dua)
Alindra Villa(Jimbaran)
Pusri Nusa Dua(Nusa Dua)
View Hotel
All reviewscliff edgeprivate poolroom serviceday bedrelaxing holidaya wonderful staywelcome drinkdriverprivacytaxiputraairportkutaspabalihoneymoonincense
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my 5 night stay. The private deck and pool were great for retreating from the world. The out of the way location is great for that too....and it is much more relaxing than the chaos of the resort towns. Taxis are cheap and reliable.

The facilities in the hotel are very comfortable and the staff could not be friendlier.

Two things hold this hotel back:

1. The food is very hit and miss. If the food had been better we'd have been more keen to eat there and probably would have eaten there most nights. Other guests we spoke shared our experience. It's a shame as I'd liked to have given more business to the hotel.

2. The wifi is terrible. It's not accessible at all from the room and painfully slow from the lobby.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel for those wanting a peaceful and private retreat from the world. Great value, great room and great staff.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Overall, the hotel looks a little tired especially from the outside but its value for money for the price that you pay. The only disappointing part is that we got a room (107) with a ‘forest’ view even though we requested way before for a room with a better view after reading the comments that not all rooms had a good view. We requested for a change but they were full. On the plus side, the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. Even if their transport is not available to take you out, they are able to arrange a taxi for you. Cost of their internal transport is reasonable and comparable to the cost of taxi.

We ordered room service a couple of times and the food is not bad, above our expectations for a small hotel. We also ordered pizza delivery which the front desk helped us to call and describe our hotel location. Do remember to get a map or address of the hotel as not many taxi drivers know of the location. They also had a massage and spa place in the hotel. The 15 mins free massage was great (masseur had skills), a pity they close early (5pm) on a Sunday otherwise we would have extended the massage.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Not sure what I expected, the photos looked promising and the reviews were good so thought I would give this place a shot but only for three days.

Should have stayed much longer, an error which will be rectified next year.

Was greeted by the owner, who was a bit of a misery and thought he was just a grumpy staff member - wasn't too good a first impression, a smile costs nothing.

The accommodation was amazing, I was going to say the room, but it's so much more than that. To begin with the pictures really don't do the site justice. There is the main area with bed, settee, all beautifully clean and new. There is a curtained partition and beyond this there is a lovely set of stone vanities and hanging space, with an amazing outdoor bathroom.

The pool and cabana area is just right for a relaxing cool down at the end of the day, with a view from the cabana that I loved.

While it isn't really at Jimbaran itself I didn't mind that it was off the beaten track. I had the good fortune of having an amazing driver called Ari. I can say that Ari was very professional, and with just the right amount of humour and knowledge. I would outline where I wanted to go at the beginning of the day and never had to remind Ari -I was thoroughly impressed. Well done.

Security guards and gardeners were also very nice.

The only thing I would say that really could do with addressing, is the room temperature, I found that the air conditioner just didn't manage to cool the accommodation to my liking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank sophieF8951
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel offered a free pickup from the airport. Big rooms (not outdated at all!) with an outdoor bathroom. The wifi signal in our room was weak. Beautifull views from the restaurant and the cliff edge rooms, a private pool with an overlooking gazebo . Very good food at the rooftop restaurant. Drinks and cocktails were excellent quality, but we didn't like the white housewine. We would like to suggest a different Balinese wine. Tours and taxi service available at local prices but be aware of the traffic problems around Jimbaran and Kuta. It took us several hours to reach Tanah Lot.
No five stars? It was our first stop in Bali and we loved all the facilities, but our second stop
(Ubud area) had just that little extra.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2reizigers
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We spent 3 wonderful nights there. It was exactly what we were after ,we wound down and were ready to tackle the rest of our holiday around the islands. Wonderful plunge pool and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The king size bed was fantastic. A little bit out of the way but the hotel offered return transport at a reasonable cost which was comparable with the local taxis. If you wanted to walk to the main street that was about 10 - 15 minutes. When we were there restaurant was being renovated but that didnt present a problem to us.
The staff were very friendly, we arrived after midnight and the driver who picked us up from the airport drove us around so we could find a meal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple