We booked 2 villas in May 2011 for a group of 19 people. We stayed at 3 hotels/villa during our Bali Trip, but temple hill is definitely the one we enjoyed the most. There aren't too much comment or pictures online about temple hill, so we were a little bit worried at first too.
There are just too many choices in bali. It took us weeks to look for the perfect villa that fit our budget and expectation. what make me quickly decide was their quick and helpful response thru email. (even before I booked anything) i would definitely recommend this place to everyone looking for a villa for big groups. ( THANK YOU ANNA for all your help during our 2 days stay)
About the villa, it's quite clean and spacious. The pool was big and the 4 bedrooms villa we stayed had 1 big living room (with nice TV and iPod dock) and an activitiy room. The staff were always very attentive and helpful to our request.
We had a BBQ buffet dinner there, wonderful food and good price (as compared to eating at jimbaran) what impressed us most was they had candles arranged all around the pool (at no extra charge) and twobeautiful heart shaped floating candles at the pool for our party.
About the room, it is not a brand new hotel but was clean and nice. Only problem was the shower in the master bedroom dun work well and with little hot water sometimes. Hotel is also located at a quiet hillside, yet close to nearby attractions by car.
The Internet was fine was no issue at all.
Anna ( our main contact person there) is the nicest person we met on the whole trip. We decided we wanted to do water sport on the day we check out, it was arranged for us with rides within 15mins and allowed us for late check out. She even recommended and booked spa for us and our friends after we checked out the hotel. Big thank you again, Anna!
However, we are disappointed at the extra 3% charge if paid by credit card. We book thru those big vendor quoted at USD. But realize all Bali hotels would then convert to RP ( using a poor rate ) and charge. So end up we paid 9% more in our local currency ( combining the effect of poor exchange rate and 3% charge at hotel, plus poor rate and 2% overseas spending charges by credit card.) and we didn't incur this 3% charges at other Bali hotels.
Overall it was a super enjoyable stay and value for money and wish we can go back again.
(check out their pictures on their website, very close to actual, I know a lot of hotels don't)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temple Hill Residence Villa is a secluded and tranquil private residence villas featuring 16 luxury villas, perched on a ridge of land at Jimbaran Bay, Bali. Know as Bali's Golden mile, Jimbaran bay is home to the island's most exclusive and prestigious five star hotels, resorts and luxury rental villas. The design concept accommodates privacy, luxury, comfort and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Temple Hill Residence Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temple Hill Residence Villa Hotel Jimbaran
- Temple Hill Residence Villa Bali/Jimbaran