I love the Longhouse. I love it. I want it to be MY home. The house is huge. The six bedrooms are large to huge. The view is spectacular. The service is the best. When we arrived, there was music playing throughout the house. I recently saw a YouTube clip with the same music playing. I got all misty-eyed, hearing “The Longhouse Theme.”
The Longhouse is on a hilltop in Jimbaran. You have completely unobstructed views of the bay, the airport (which is oh so cool for those of us who like to watch airplanes land and take off.) On a clear day, you can see the mountains/volcanoes. The house is indeed long. The bedrooms are spread out in such a way that each room feels very, very private. Each room is impeccably decorated and they have views of the lush grounds and they also have their own little private space outside of the room. The house could be 100% occupied and you wouldn’t necessarily see anyone until you all ate at the same time or watched a movie together in the media room.
The beds are big and comfy with nice quality linens. After staying at two other places before ending our trip at Longhouse, it was nice to have the bathrooms entirely indoors. Three of the rooms have outdoor showers as well as indoor showers. One bedroom has a private plunge pool and the main pool is large and really pretty. I looked at it more as an oversize plunge pool versus a “swimming” pool. You can definitely swim in it but I just used it to hang over the edge and watch airplanes.
The Longhouse staff was fabulous. They were attentive and never intrusive. Meals were perfection. They learned our routines and they could anticipate just about anything we wanted. We had an issue with an odor in the media room. We couldn’t find the source of it but it was overwhelming. The staff went to great lengths to remedy the situation. I began to feel embarrassed that I mentioned it. But they took care of it with a smile on their face. The absolute best!
When we were looking for a private villa for our holiday, I initially had reservations about The Longhouse because I couldn’t find any reviews from people who stayed there. Now, I know why. We don’t want to share this gem with anyone! I can’t wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 6 Bedroom Luxury Villa with incredible view and 16 amazing friendly staff including car and driver, in house activities, 2 chefs, villa manager, butlers, housekeeping etc. Rooms are themed after Indonesian Islands. Excellent food and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Longhouse, Jimbaran-Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longhouse Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- The Longhouse, Jimbaran-Bali