“Fabulous stay!”

Ranked #13 of 116 Specialty Lodging in Jimbaran
Zug, Switzerland
“Fabulous stay!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We had a great stay in the longhouse, amazing location, gourmet food and more than exceptional sevice by the staff that treated us like royals! Kids loved it as staff even played with them, the fine foods of chef Ngurah were a treat and even fresh popcorn was prepared when the family was enjoining a movie or karaoke in the media room! Just really great!

• Stayed July 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney - Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have just spent almost a week at The Longhouse celebrating my birthday with friends. We accommodated 13 people (6 doubles and a single mattress) at the Longhouse and put an extra 4 up at the Pat Mase Villas which are about 10 minutes away.

The Longhouse is not far from anywhere but the traffic can be very bad. At night, it is 15 minutes to the airport but can take as long as an hour. One evening it took as almost 2 hours to get to Seminyak. Assuming reasonable traffic, its 15 minutes to Nusa Dua and Jimbaran Beach and about 20 to Kuta.

The house itself is an absolute ripper, and pretty hard to fault. The pool and pool area particularly are exceptional places to hang out. All the bedrooms are easily the equal of any 5 star hotel, with the 3 best being quite outstanding.

The great thing about having the staff and chef on hand is the flexibility and options you have. The food that we had at the villa was good but not great but there are plenty of options within a reasonable (not walking) distance.

The money management side while at the villa was excellent, fully transparent and easy. No concerns about over paying or being ripped off. The villa comes with a van and driver which was excellent, but we found we often needed another van which was easy to arrange and cheap. We also organised 4 scooters/motorbikes to be at the villa for our stay which worked out well.

If you're going to Bali with a group, a villa, and specifically The Longhouse Villa, is a fabulous way to go. I couldn't more highly recommend it. Rudy and staff, particularly Happy and Noru are quite brilliant. Book it, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Potato Head in Seminyak definetly worth a visit.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Nth Queensland
Reviewed April 24, 2011

A group of us from all over Australia stayed at the Longhouse for one week, we were looked after so well, we did not want for anything, the rooms were fantastic, the staff were professional, friendly, so helpfull and attentive to all our needs. We will be staying at the Longhouse again, the meals were incredible, the evenings by the pool were just so relaxing, our driver took us anywhere we wanted to go. No request was too hard, to sit with chef and choose what wonderful delights he would make for us was exciting.
Our butler,maids and all the staff provided us with a carefree and pleasureable holiday of which all 12 of us want to experience again. The owners of the Longhouse created and enviroment furnished with beautiful items from many parts of Indonesia. In a nutshell, what a wonderful time and experience, I would recommend this Villa to anyone who is looking for a holiday to remember, 10 out of 10.
Julie & Colin Finlay, Queensland Australia

Room Tip: Look for what suits your needs and Location
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The Longhouse is an amazing place to stay. I don't know what it could offer to make it any better. We stayed with a group of about 12 people and had our meals prepared, lounged by the pool and had the driver take us to various places around the area. It was heaven with no reason to leave the villa.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RAPlanet
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I love the Longhouse. I love it. I want it to be MY home. The house is huge. The six bedrooms are large to huge. The view is spectacular. The service is the best. When we arrived, there was music playing throughout the house. I recently saw a YouTube clip with the same music playing. I got all misty-eyed, hearing “The Longhouse Theme.”

The Longhouse is on a hilltop in Jimbaran. You have completely unobstructed views of the bay, the airport (which is oh so cool for those of us who like to watch airplanes land and take off.) On a clear day, you can see the mountains/volcanoes. The house is indeed long. The bedrooms are spread out in such a way that each room feels very, very private. Each room is impeccably decorated and they have views of the lush grounds and they also have their own little private space outside of the room. The house could be 100% occupied and you wouldn’t necessarily see anyone until you all ate at the same time or watched a movie together in the media room.

The beds are big and comfy with nice quality linens. After staying at two other places before ending our trip at Longhouse, it was nice to have the bathrooms entirely indoors. Three of the rooms have outdoor showers as well as indoor showers. One bedroom has a private plunge pool and the main pool is large and really pretty. I looked at it more as an oversize plunge pool versus a “swimming” pool. You can definitely swim in it but I just used it to hang over the edge and watch airplanes.

The Longhouse staff was fabulous. They were attentive and never intrusive. Meals were perfection. They learned our routines and they could anticipate just about anything we wanted. We had an issue with an odor in the media room. We couldn’t find the source of it but it was overwhelming. The staff went to great lengths to remedy the situation. I began to feel embarrassed that I mentioned it. But they took care of it with a smile on their face. The absolute best!

When we were looking for a private villa for our holiday, I initially had reservations about The Longhouse because I couldn’t find any reviews from people who stayed there. Now, I know why. We don’t want to share this gem with anyone! I can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Mars1118
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2010

What a fabulous place The Longhouse is - furnished luxuriously in a truly elegant style.
On arrival we were so warmly welcomed by the staff we could feel all the stresses and strains of life drifting away. Everything you could possibly need is provided with the level of staffing more than matching the number of rooms. The design of the Longhouse is conducive to relaxation and tranquility and the view from the terrace is breathtaking, especially at night, when you can just hear the the hauntingly beautiful chanting/singing from a local village temple. The Longhouse comes with its own chef and food is cooked to your particular requirements - the standard is excellent. This is a wonderful place to stay and explore Beautiful Bali. The property comes with a car + chauffeur if required. Our stay was unforgettable - it was really difficult to tear ourselves away. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I was lucky enough to stay at the longhouse with some friends for two weeks last summer. I have to say I've never seen anything quite like it and was left having to pinch myself everyday as I woke up to believe I was actually in such beautiful place.

The longhouse is a gorgeous expansive house perched on a hilltop overlooking Jimbaran. The rooms of the house are mostly all open air so that you are always able to experience the spectacular surrounding views and take advantage of the great tropical climate in Bali. Each room is uniquely themed and decorated in beautiful native themes with the highest quality furniture/appliances/amenities. My favorite part of the rooms were the large walk in showers with "rain" shower heads.

One of the best parts of the house is the staff, they are warm, friendly and always ready and waiting to attend to your every need. It is possible to have a personal chef cook for you during your stay and I highly recommend this. Not only was the food amazing but each meal was presented in such a colorful unique manner, it left us all so excited for the "show" that would come eat time we sat down to eat.

Bali overall was a wonderful experience and the only drawback I found with the island was the traffic. Most hotels are situated closer to the beach or in other heavily populated areas of the island which I think would create such a headache to get anywhere. The best part of the Longhouse is its secluded location away from all the loud nightlife and traffic. It allows for a relaxing enviroment but is also in the perfect location to get to all of the desirable locations on the island rapidly.

There is so much to see and do in Bali but honestly I could have just spent a week relaxing at the Longhouse. Between the workout room, hot tub, infinity pool, private masseuse/spa services, movie room, games, and cooking classes you really don't have to lift a finger at this place to have the most amazing and unique Balinese experience!

Highly recommended for any kind of vacation: family trips, romantic getaway, groups of friends or even business trips. This place could accommodate anything.

I can't imagine going back to Bali and staying anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends