“Awesome pool, view and chef, a relaxing and peaceful experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Puri Balangan

and 1 more site!
Villa Puri Balangan
Ranked #23 of 105 Specialty Lodging in Jimbaran
Alice Springs, Australia
“Awesome pool, view and chef, a relaxing and peaceful experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

This is our first holiday to Bali and we just want to thank the staff - Made, Nyoman (chef) and Putu for our amazing holiday at Puri Balangan. Especially Nyoman, for all the fabulous dinners he cooked, we love everything he cooks. Made is ever so patient in arranging for our daily massages and Putu is such a jovial soul to have around. We fell in love with the huge private infinity pool which has an absolutely amazing view, not to mention clean as well. We had lots of relaxing swim watching the gorgeous bali sunrise and sunset. Plans for the next trip is already in the pipeline. Puri Balangan is situated on a hill in Jimbaran area, a perfect getaway for travellers who just wants R & R and avoid the noisy bars and terrible traffic at kuta and seminyak areas. We have no problems at all with our booking experience with Ms Mako (villa owner), our family of 5 arrived on different flights and Ms Mako was very kind to arrange for drivers to pick us at the airport. Rates are reasonble and services are prompt. Daily breakfast is included, for some the variety may seem to be limited. However, our family are quiet happy just to light continental breakfast of fresh local fruits, jam and toasts. I will not hesitate to share my experience with other trip advisor members.

Room Tip: Please contact me.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank zancatan

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

it is such a great experience. If you want to relax, enjoy an amazing view, swim in the infinity pool and relax by the terrasse, it is just for you. I went there with my whole family, my husband, my one year baby, parents, brothers. We stayed there 4 days. there is not much to do around to go out (it is completely different from the seminyak area) you can visit the south of the peninsula, have dinner on jimbaran beach. But you can just stay the whole day at the villa. the rooms are big, very luxe, it is much more better than the hotel! staff is there if you need but they are very discrete. the chief can do for you amazing food (just avoid the desert...) Maybe one thing, there are some construction in the area, it is really not annoying but there used to be nothing in front of the villa and now several villas have been built. Hopefull ythey wont destroy the whole area... the view is just amazing, on the sea, on clear days you see the volcanos, it is just paradise! go there, highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank charlonetti
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

A wonderful time had by our family - including 8 year old and 2 year old. The location and villa offered us the opportunity to relax and enjoy our down time. Kids loved the pool, the fish in the ponds, the morning rooster crows and the resident geckos ... not to mention the balinese outdoor showers! The view of the planes was a plus for a toddler who loves planes!!
Villa facilities wonderfully cleaned and cared for by Gusti and team, but not so precious as to make a holiday with young kids a worrying time re: spills and regular kid mess. The staff were happy to assist as much or as little as we required. Villa would benefit also form thorough intro into services available and how to access them. Be organised and plan ahead regarding what you want and staff can assist with no probs. Great local food cooked in house as required.
With the villa design including a high pavillion with no rails and unfenced pools, think carefully if you could relax with little kids. We had no dramas .. in fact 2 year old coped really well - with constant supervision.
Balangan, Jimbaran was a perfect spot for us as 'quieter' (is there anywhere truly quiet in busy bali??) village life had all facilities and action required (ATMs, minimarts - Pepitos Express great for all western needs, restaurants, etc). Some agent-arranged tours out and independent taxi travel suited us well and location didnot add much impact to travel.
There is some construction going on in area (not at Villa) - at a distance - but again a sight to see balinese builders on multistory bamboo scaffolding at work! Limited noise impacts during our stay.
Overall a wonderful villa - perfect for extended stays where no pressure to be out and about every day - staff so great (particularly with small kids). All booking via agency with no dramas.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank FitzAus
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

My stay at this property did not start on a good note. Despite the fact that I have made 70% of the total payment in May and August, I received an email threatening to cancel my reservation when I was late for my final payment by 2 days. When I became upset with her attitude and she found out the reason for my lateness she apologised, using her limited English as an excuse however I was told later that the owner had lived in the US and has an American husband. It seems that language barrier was not the issue.

At the time of my first contact in April, she had a promotion that included breakfast as part of the price. However she quickly made changes to her advertisement to exclude breakfast after my initial enquiry. I did notice the modifications she made to her advertisement because the website recorded the date of all modifications. At the time I thought that was very cheeky of her to do so but I did not want to start my holiday on a negative note so I let her get away with it. On hindsight, I would have put my foot down and insisted that breakfast was included.

Despite the hassles I went through initially, I did like the property. I found the property to be what I imagined, beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. However, I found the location far and isolating. It took 45 minutes approximately to get to Seminyak.

The villa staff were courteous, discrete and accommodating but since we had a driver for the duration of our stay, we always had food brought from outside or eat at restaurants.

There is a construction about to happen behind the swimming pool area. At the time of my stay, there was no noise or interruptions but as time goes by this could change and may affect the enjoyment of the property.

I have stayed in many five star properties and dealt with villa owners. I would have avoided her if I had the chance but with 45 days left to my trip and 70% of my stay already paid, I had no choice but to go along with it but I would avoid her like a plague.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank natski23
yamanote, Owner at Villa Puri Balangan, responded to this review, January 8, 2011
Thank you for your review and comments about my villa. I am so very happy you enjoy your stay. Myself and the staff welcome you to come back again in the future. There is currently no construction in the area. I did have the thatch roof of one of my guest villas replaced recently and had other maintenance and upkeep jobs done that keeps the villa in top condition. I also plan future upkeep but there will be no inconvenience to guests. Once again, thank you for your review and come back again soon.
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

This was the most wonderful place i have ever been. The view from the villa is stunning and the staff is so nice, friendly, helpful and there is not anything they wouldn`t help you with.
If you are looking for quiet peaceful holiday i recommend this wonderful Villa to you all..

To Gusti, Putu, Chef, Mako, komang, Winda and the security guys... WE MISS YOU A LOT!

Stayed for 1 month and i could stay forever here!!

And the food..... YAMMI! No more comments needed!! :D

Love from Christin in Norway

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

Despite the initiate glitch we had with the airport transfer, the rest of our stay is near perfect.

The rooms are big and clean. The surroundings are also well taken care of. We enjoyed the great view. We get to see sunrise and sunset too!

Gusti and his team provided great service. Felt like a queen!

The massage arranged by the staff for us is also great.

For food, there were many choices for our dinner and we must say that we enjoyed the chef's work.

The location is rather secluded which can be great for some but for city dweller like us, it took a while to get used to it.

All in all, the overall experience was great!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank oliviamummy
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

The place is huge and the staff are great. I like the downturn service done especially by Putu, her services are great. There are 3 bedrooms and we utilised only 2 of the bigger rooms which both came with the sunken bath. The other one is smaller and has a normal tub. But all have large and comfortable beds.

Breakfast can get monotonous if u stay for long but you have the option of getting your own breakfast by stocking up on your items like baked beans etc. The staff are accommodating and will make juices with the local fruits that we bought when asked.

The compound is huge and media room is great ie lots of channel. They have a back up generator which was useful when the electricty was down one night during our 6 mights stay. Suitable place to stay for large families or when travelling with friends.

Despite the construction going on around the vicinity, the view is fantastic and you can even see planes touching down and taking off at the airport, the sea and if weather is good, the mountains. Very romantic at night with lots of lights from the airport. Lots of privacy as well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mum2004
yamanote, Owner at Villa Puri Balangan, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
Thank you so much for the nice review. We are so happy you loved the villa as much as we do! - Mako