When we first came to Balangan six years ago we stayed at Flowerbud 1 (there was no Flowerbud 2 then). We loved it and were really happy when our travel plans included a trip back to Bali so we could once again stay at Flowerbud. What a mistake. Expansion has not been good for Flowerbud. The prices have really increased - for both food and accommodation - and the staff has gotten downright rude. The food was overpriced for the small tasteless portions.
Balangan itself is much more built up now with many, many bungalows and hotels to choose from and Flowerbud was mostly empty while we were there (July - high season) but the area itself was really busy. The staff at Flowerbud tried to get more money every time we got near them and we ended up paying 10$ per night more for the room than we were quoted. We should have just walked away at checkin.
There are many, many other better, more reasonably priced options with better facilities now at Balangan. Flowerbud has no sea view, no hot water, no A/C, no TV and the continental breakfast consists of two or three pieces of fruit and one small piece of toast (cut in three pieces to make it look like more!)
Needless to say, we won't be coming back to Flowebud again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic rustic Balinese traditional beach bungalows close to Balangan Beach Our Bungalows built with mostly natural bamboo, wood and natural stones. Restaurant, Sharing pool, Spa and massage, tour service, rental bike/scooters and car. See you there...!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Flower Bud Bungalows Balangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flower Bud Bungalows Balangan Hotel Jimbaran
- Flower Bud Bungalows Balangan Bali/Jimbaran