“Amazing Service and quiet location”

Ahimsa Beach Resort
Orange County, CA
“Amazing Service and quiet location”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I came to Ahimsa beach in Jimbaran for my honeymoon. I stayed here for ten days in July of 2012. (It's been awhile, I forgot I never reviewed) I did tons of research for months on hotels that would fit me for my honeymoon. After extensive research, Ahimsa Beach fit my budget and at the time was new and the reviews that existed were amazing!

Let me start off with the service. Ahimsa had the best service, ever. Everyone there was very kind and attentive. My husband and I still think about the workers that we bonded with while we were there. The hotel staff is made up of about 15 people. They rotate between cooking, cleaning & managing, driving. They were all so awesome and went above and beyond to accomodate our needs. When we left, we asked if they actually received the gratuity that the hotels usually up-charge (I think it's 10%) and they did say that they do but we decided to leave them an extra $100 USD to split.

My favorite part of the resort was probably the distance to the beach (5 minute walk) and the access to drivers. The drivers saved us a ton of money and were willing to go to places up to 30 minutes away. I remember even asking them to take us around to find the shrimp chips that they serve us for breakfast and they happily took us to 3 supermarkets.

Now here's the reason why I docked off one star. I loved the concept of a pool in the villa but the villa we were in never had enough sunlight for us to swim. It wasn't a major deal so I never complained but I think that a resort that advertises this should get rid of trees or something so that the pool can be warm enough to swim in. The second problem I had was the mosquitoes and wildlife. I know that it is an island and that half of the villa is outside; that is fine and it was my choice to stay in a place like this, however, we were visited by many different creatures (geckos, frogs, insects) and it became quite a nuisance to go to the restroom at night with all of these animals near or around your toilet. I wish the resort would build a glass encasing the restroom so that there is less of a chance of these creatures climbing into your bathtub while you're away. One night, we actually had to have someone come and save a frog that was getting sick from the coils. I had to ask the staff respray the villa twice because my husband and I got about 15 mosquito bites combined.

If you're fine with the humidity and wildlife then this is the perfect place! All in all, it was an amazing trip. We were well fed and there was exceptional service.

By the way, if you're going to take a tour, I would not book through the Ahimsa. The man that came for our tour was not that informative and took us to some tourist trap restaurant up by the volcano. The meal cost $44 USD and we paid about $180 USD for the all day tour. Major disappointment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amannnnda
Madesuki, Manager at Ahimsa Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013

P.S. thank you for putting into our attention regarding the wildlife and the suggestion of putting the fences/glass around the villa, trimming the trees that obstruct the sunlight. I will pass on your constructive recommendation to the team.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a great stay in Ahimsa Beach Jimbaran in April 2013 (2-bedroom villa). The property is perfect and the staff is amaising. You expect the best service you can imagine starting from breakfast cooked on the villa at the time requested to comleting any other request you can possibly have. We had a birthday celebration with seafood barbecue at the pool, both the food and the decoration was wonderful. We also have ordered massage - the girls come to your vills with a special massage bed, you can chose a place on the villa where you want to have your treatment (we did it near the pool with the nice sound of the running water), the therapists are very professional and the cost is unbelievable 20$.

On the beach - Ahimsa offers 2 options for the sunbeds: some are right at the end of the street (near Puri Bali hotel) and some are at the seafood cafe Warung Bamboo. We prefered the 2d option as they are more isolated and the beach is nicer there. That's a pity though there are no any sunbeds under the palms on the grass zone, it would be cooler there, otherwise you have to come back to the room for the most active sun at around 1-3 pm.

We would definitely be back to the place and I would encorage everyone planning the stay in Jimbaran to chose Ahimsa.

Room Tip: We stayed in the villa 109 and we liked it - there is a nice tree shadow over the pool so on the one...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable recommendation on trip ad. We’re always happy when someone chooses to stay at our hotel. And we’re downright honored when you choose to spend your Bali's holiday with us. Making your holiday a memorable one is the highest pride of us. We hope we can do this all over again in your forthcoming holiday. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and appreciate your business and feedback, which will certainly be passed along to the team.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My gf and I stayed here for 7 nights. We made a bit of a mistake staying in Jimbaran for that long in the first place cause there isn't much to do in the area.

The hotel staff were friendly enough but the service just seemed kind of minimum for the price. We ran out of toiletries and they didn't give us any new stuff until we asked. The room service food was really quite bad except for breakfasts which were OK.

The villas are fairly nice but there was paint chipping off the walls in ours.

We really don't feel we got value for our money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for bringing this matter into our attention. I would like to apologize for what you have undergone during your stay with us. It was really an unexpected case. We have discussed this matter with our team to avoid similar problems in the future. These incidents are a learning experience for our team, and we will use them as part of tools to improve our service standard.

I know that we can do better, and it will be great if you can give us another chance to proof just that and gain back your trust in The Ahimsa. We thank you again for your constructive comments, and we will continue to train our associates to improve in every aspect of our service.

Daegu, South Korea
Reviewed February 7, 2013

stayed at 3bedroom pool villa which was nice. big space throughout, decent pool and nice staff. in-villa breakfast was fine and sunset in nearby beach was picture perfect. location is okay if you not traveling a lot, they offer drop-off service in jimbaran & nusa dua area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mukk70

hong kong
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at The Ahimsa. We have traveled to Bali many times before but never stayed in Jimbaran. We had the one bedroom villa and it did not disappoint. We had our 2 year old with us and on arrival a pool fence was fixed around the pool for her safety. It was great having the bedroom separate to the living area for nap times and the bathroom was still accessible without having to go through the bedroom. Breakfast was cooked in our villa every morning and was really yummy, the ladies took no more than 15 mins to whip up a 2 course breakfast each. Each night housekeeping would come and light mossie coils, we had no problems with mossies and it was good to see that the villa was aware of potential mossies.
From the villa to the beach is about a 6 min walk, but the staff at the villa were amazing and let us use the golf cart or would drop us anywhere within Jimbaran.
The only downfall about Jimbaran is the lack of local restaurants within walking distance. There are a few seafood restaurants on the beach which is a 15 min walk from the villa but the menus are all the same. These seafood restaurants aren't really open at lunch time more of a night time meal. I would not recommend the first seafood restaurant on the beach called Bamboo, the food was very average and expensive for what you got. The pool was a little on the cold side, but nothing the villa can control and it was out of the sun which was nice for swimming. We did go to another restaurant which the villa dropped us off at and picked us up called Pepenero's. It is an Italian style restaurant with asian dishes. The meals were really tasty and reasonably priced, so much so we went there twice in 4 days.
All in all I would stay here again for a few days, but if you want more choices for restaurants, shopping and massages then Jimbaran isn't really the ideal place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wedgie78

P.S. Sorry for the minimum number of good restaurants at Jimbaran, but now next to us is just newly opened a very good restaurant.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Ahimsa for the last night of our honeymoon the rooms were extremely spacious w a lot of outdoor living space and the private pool with a fountain was fantastic The level of service was amazing at the small resort. They offered to drive us at our convenience to multiple destinations and were extremely accommodating throughout our stay. Would highly recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

It's hard not to write enough great things about our honeymoon stay at this place without sounding like I have shares in it but I am going to anyway. Our first impression when we walked through our entry was breathtaking and only increased as we made our way throughout the villa. Starting with the magical glistening sun off our wonderful L shaped pool to then noticing the decor and the fantastic open living area and full kitchen. To see the look on my new wifes face after seeing the heart shaped rose petals on our king size bed to then reaching the outdoor bathroom and having the bathtub full of petals made me realise there and then we had picked the right place. Also the delicious choccy honeymoon cake in the fridge brought a smile to both our faces. The staff were amazing and a credit to The Ahimsa Group from the moment we arrived until the sad time when we moved on To have our own two private staff cook our magnificent breakfast each morning in our villa was a most spoilt way to start the day and made us feel like royalty. Jimbaran Bay is the ideal place to stay given it was only a short 15 minute trip either on our Scooter or the private Air Con car to the hustle and bustle of Kuta. To be able to return each day to the privacy of our villa and laze about sipping cocktails in our private pool was more than satisfying. Once again Thankyou Ahimsa Beach for making our honeymoon more than we could have ever hoped for. "). Andy & Taryn D

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Andy D
Dear Andy and Taryn,

Skype. madesuki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The Ahimsa
#5 of 57 in Jimbaran
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
Jamahal Private Resort & Spa

Been to Ahimsa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!