This was our first trip to Bali, and all we wanted was some time to be secluded and lazy i.e. sitting by a pool all day, reading books, eating and drinking.
We booked a single bedroom villa but when we arrived we were given a free upgrade to a huge three bedroom villa (number 4) with a 11m long swimming pool. Unbelievable - it was great. The place was very tidy, clean, well decorated, had good air conditioning. The staff were friendly and helpful and that also made a huge diiference to the whole feel of the trip. The personalisation felt very sincere. This is something which is absent in many big chain hotels.
The villa is a bit out of the way but that is what we wanted. There were chooks clucking and cows mooing in the surrounding farmland! We got accustomed to getting taxis (we preferred Bluebird taxis because the were reliable, and metered and ultimately the cheapest), and would instruct the drivers to head towards 4 Seasons as most did not know where Gending Kedis was.
It was a fairly easy 5-10 min walk down the hill to the beach at Jimbaran Bay.
Gending Kedis was great, and thanks to the staff and management for the surprise birthday cake!
The only diappointment of our holiday was totally unrelated to the GK, and that was the Venture Holidays/Discover Asia travel agents. From the minute they picked us up from the airport for our 'free transfer' they were trying to sell us tours and wanted to schedule meetings with us. We ended up going on a whole day $95 trip to the volcano believing we could go where we wished during that time. Wrong!! They took us to all their favourite comission scam shops (silversmiths, paintings, wood carvings, 'coffee plantation', nauseating buffet lunch) and would not let us stop at the shops that we wanted to see.
My advice to everyone going to Bali is to avoid 'Destination Asia' and avoid being taken like a hostage on their commission collecting expeditions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gending Kedis at Jimbaran Bay is a collection of 1, 2, 3 and 4-bedroom luxury villas each with its own private pool villa. The resort is located within 15 minutes from the Bali airport and just 2 minutes drive to the white sands of Jimbaran beach.The resort has full services and amenities including the Alcedo Restaurant and bar lounge, room service and 2 function rooms. The Malkoha Spa offers a full range of body treatments and the Rudy Hadisuwarno Salon offers hair styling for ladies and gents. A fully equipped spacious gym and a 22 meter swimming pool complete the facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Hotel Jimbaran
- Gending Kedis Villas And Spa Estate
- Gending Kedis Hotel Estate
- Gending Kedis Resort Estate
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Bali/Jimbaran