We really had no idea what to expect from Gending Kedis when we booked online from Australia (outside of the website pics which can often be completely different to the reality!), so it was a tremendous bonus to rock up in the evening to such friendly people, good service and a lovely villa. The design and feel of the place was so relaxing, and felt safe for our children to move around freely without bothering anyone or feeling concerned for their safety. Set in the rainforest and really peaceful, we were able to watch the sun set from our pool and occasionally see a Monkey in the trees. The bath was great, the beds were comfy, but most of all, the staff were lovely and very attentive to any needs. Our pool was glorious, and we received cakes in our room every afternoon. The common pool near the eating area was also an infinity pool and totally gorgeous.
Our free massage was great, and Abdul the head chef's guided tour of the local fish market followed by a moroccan cooking class was absolutely fantastic. Abdul was so patient with our girls and allowed them to be involved in the class, and then invited our oldest into the kitchen the following Monday to help him cook chocolate cakes in the commercial kitchen. It was a real highlight of our holiday for her. And for our youngest, who got to taste. The food was incredible, although it seemed a shame that there was very little of that food on the dinner menu. My only criticism would be that whilst there were delicious breakfast options for the rest of the family (a la carte but included in the room price) with pancakes, fruit platters, mango smoothies and bread baskets, as someone who is really picky about my eggs, they tasted different enough to me that I didn't like them. There was a multitude of egg options on the menu, but I would also have enjoyed some bacon cooked well. I think there could be some improvement in the menu and delivery of the restaurant in general, as the food quality varied depending on whether Abdul was there or not. It didn't really matter too mach as there were so many fantastic eating places nearby, and there was always someone on hand to drop you off to your restaurant of choice, and collect, free of charge.
The owner made time to get about and introduce himself to all of us, and when he discovered I was interested in tropical design, lent me some of his own personal books that contributed to the creation of the villas. It truly was a unique and special boutique experience in amongst a landscape of massive impersonal luxury resorts. We loved it, and will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gending Kedis at Jimbaran Bay is a collection of 1, 2, 3 and 4-bedroom luxury villas each with its own private pool villa. The resort is located within 15 minutes from the Bali airport and just 2 minutes drive to the white sands of Jimbaran beach.The resort has full services and amenities including the Alcedo Restaurant and bar lounge, room service and 2 function rooms. The Malkoha Spa offers a full range of body treatments and the Rudy Hadisuwarno Salon offers hair styling for ladies and gents. A fully equipped spacious gym and a 22 meter swimming pool complete the facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gending Kedis Villas And Spa Estate
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Hotel Jimbaran
- Gending Kedis Hotel Estate
- Gending Kedis Resort Estate
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Bali/Jimbaran