We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa (villa 13). Stayed for the first night at the room opposite the pool. The toilet there generally needs maintenance as there were no soap rack at the shower and shower head was full of mould & sprayed water in random directions. The water pump disruption on the first day also interrupted our intention to shower and we waited quite a while for it. We found out later that we can't switch on the pool pump for the jacuzzi and having water running in the villa at the same time, which caused the disruption. If u are not a fan of Balinese painting, some paintings would make u feel uncomfortable, e.g. We requested the painting at the bedroom on the 2nd floor to be removed as it showed a sad mourning woman with a child at her side. The staff were understanding and did it for us. Some general maintenance e.g. Sliding door needs to be done.
The 2nd day onwards were good as we stayed at the bedroom on the 2nd floor, shower head was cleaner and there is a soap rack at the shower. There is a tv in the bedroom too. There are DVDs for loan, which we did and watched as it was raining on the 3rd day. The pool was clean and quite big for a dip, max capacity of 2 person swimming. In-villa dining was satisfactory, but took an hour for the food to arrive on a rainy day.
Massage in GK was disappointing for the high price, usd49 for Balinese massage 60min. I would recommend Griya Bugar spa (u would need a car to get there) near Kuta, we tried Shaitsu massage for IDR150,000 for 60min, which was really cheap. However, no ambience, no shower facilities there. That was the best massage ever for me, the masseuse stepped on my back skillfully, good for those who enjoy STRONG massage.
The reception staff don't have enough knowledge about the activities and places of interest around the area, but they are friendly and helpful to find out for us and book for us. Recommendation is to do your homework before u get there or u would risk not knowing what to do. Mr Gusde recommended us to go on a day cruise which we did and enjoyed it, Ms Gea helped us to book the Island Explorer cruise for some water activities. Mr Putu provided us with a useful book with detailed map of parts of Bali and made us very comfortable on our first day there with his friendly conversation over dinner. Restaurant menu is rather limited, food is so-so.
Remember to get insect repellents from the housekeeping. Generally the mosquito-extermination team was quite on-the-ball, and did well to ensure that they sprayed the insecticide especially on the rainy days.
Generally, enjoyable stay, but do ur homework and it'll be fine ;)
Remember to prepare IDR150,000 for airport tax per pax on departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gending Kedis at Jimbaran Bay is a collection of 1, 2, 3 and 4-bedroom luxury villas each with its own private pool villa. The resort is located within 15 minutes from the Bali airport and just 2 minutes drive to the white sands of Jimbaran beach.The resort has full services and amenities including the Alcedo Restaurant and bar lounge, room service and 2 function rooms. The Malkoha Spa offers a full range of body treatments and the Rudy Hadisuwarno Salon offers hair styling for ladies and gents. A fully equipped spacious gym and a 22 meter swimming pool complete the facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Hotel Jimbaran
- Gending Kedis Villas And Spa Estate
- Gending Kedis Hotel Estate
- Gending Kedis Resort Estate
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Bali/Jimbaran