All reviews private pool bedroom villa three floors shuttle service wild monkeys central ubud some tlc monkeys visiting beautiful waterfall free afternoon tea min massage free massage our honeymoon main bedroom remote location restaurants and shops free shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and got upgraded for free with a bigger villa with a private pool which was so nice and unexpected, the staff are very friendly got a welcome
Massage which was a bonus too. We had a flight to catch at 9 so the staff let us stay in the hotel and use the pool and facilities until we were ready to leave after check out which was great to relax before a long flight. The breakfast in the hotel is limited with not much choice in the buffet and the rooms are comfortable but not at a high spec although the views you have make up for all this. Thai hotel is also far
From centre ubud although they provide a free shuttle bus but it comes back latest half five which is way to early to enjoy the atmosphere of the evening out there. Overall was very happy with this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019

We stayed there for four nights in end of June 2019 for the second time after our honeymoon nine years ago. It was a good experience until we got our Kindle device stolen from inside a sling bag that we forgot in the bedroom on the top floor when we left. It is true that hotel room theft is always a risk and that we should keep valuables with us. But the management handled the issue poorly as they seemed powerless and confused about what to do. Furthermore, the bag was closed and there is no reason for the housekeepers to know that there is a Kindle in there unless they always check inside our bags to find any valuables.

To our dismay, the management tended to defend their employees and seem confident that the housekeepers in question are honest and innocent. But the fact is that a device was stolen. It was confirmed from the CCTV (they have a CCTV in front of every villa although none in the back - back doors were locked when we left) that only four employees entered the villa during our absence so at least one of them must be lying. They said the lockers of these four employees were checked and nothing was found. But any of them could have easily stored our device somewhere else.

Instead of being suspicious of their employees, the management seemed more suspicious of us when there is no reason for us to fabricate a story like that during our family vacations. Even more surprisingly, they asked to check all our suitcases and all the rooms in our villa for no obvious reason other than to make sure that we did not lie. This made us even more upset at this point.

Naturally, we were far from being satisfied and strongly expressed our disappointment. The management offered to give compensation that we declined because what we want is to get our Kindle back and catch the culprit.

I gave my contact number to the hotel when we checked-out and hoped to receive any updates on the investigation. But the management seems to be on the passive side which gives the impression they are taking our case lightly. Therefore, after returning home, I made a call to the management. But no developments were made. Perhaps feeling bit pressured by my call, they said they will report to the police, which I doubt will lead to anything because it is too late and we are already too far away should the police wishes to see and question us.

In short, it seems that the hotel management does not have an adequate system in place to handle theft and to prevent them from happening. It is a shame because this is quite a good resort that offers nice facilities for a good value. Somehow, I hoped they would find our Kindle so that I can have my trust restored as I would love to return there one day. But after this experience and the way the management handled it, we will never return to Anahata and will not recommend it to anyone. If you absolutely must go there, be very careful with your belongings. Anytime you leave the room, make sure you store everything inside a locked bag or suitcase.

Interestingly, after we left and a few more questions, the hotel management revealed to us that one of the employees was new and contracted for a few weeks only. It baffles me why they haven’t told us about this fact earlier and have not suspected this person in the first place.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 368antonr
anahatabali, Public Relations Manager at Anahata Villas & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Anton,

Thank you for your valuable time to write to us. We would like to personally apologize for the unfortunate incident that you experience during your stay with us. We have already noted and will continue investigate this issue further. As far as we understand, we have already comply according to our standard procedure for this case. Should you need more inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2019

breathtaking view with super helpful staff, when I arrive TV at my villa bit problem, then I call operator, they are quickly action to change the TV in minutes. Also all staff is friendly always smile and super humble. Spa is also very good

I will definitely back!

Room tip: high floor room, its amazing view from here
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
anahatabali, Public Relations Manager at Anahata Villas & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2019

Dear Cindy,

Thank you very much for such a great review. We are so happy that you enjoy your visit to our hotel. It's our pleasure to hear such feedback from our guest.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Anahata at the soonest.

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

Well I researched and researched and I had 2 choices either villas with forest view or rice field view. I wanted a hotel which serve buffet breakfast and came in a budget. I got a great deal for Anahata. We booked 2 bedroom villa and were upgraded to 3. I had read bad reviews of 3 bedroom villa in TripAdvisor so I was sceptical, but the truth was something else. The villa is amazing. The pools are very nice. There is a stream flowing through the hotel, but I didnt get the energy to visit, the breakfast is enough and buffet. We had 2 dinner one authentic Balinese and one Western, both were great. But does that mean it has no cons. There is a con, the stairs here are crazy and its its nothing less than a trek here at the hotel. But its definitely worth the adventure.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Sreya,

Thank you for your valuable time to write about our hotel. It’s our great pleasure that you enjoy our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Anahata at the soonest.

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic location! Restaurant is situated with a balcony looking into the jungle, where monkeys can be seen (they also visit the lower section of the hotel, near the play cabin.)
Every meal we had was delicious with fantastic service!
Nice large bathrooms with hot showers. Each of our villas had a private mini pool for some privacy and peace, instead of having to visit the large main pool.
Enjoyed our time there!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Mercer,

I was really grateful and feel honored read about your comment. Thank you so much for your time by writing such wonderful experienced with Anahata.

This will serve as a reminder and encouragement for us to work harder and improve our service and facilities for our customer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Anahata at the soonest.