“Definitely worth a visit”
Review of Bali Bird Park

Ranked #1 of 81 things to do in Gianyar
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Park is divided into seven regions that recreate the natural habitats of our birds, complete with indigenous plant life. You can travel from the deep misty jungle of Sumatra to Far East Indonesia and Papua to discover the native birds from these remote regions. Venture to other tropical continents too. See the South American exotics such as the Golden Macaw and the Congo Grey Parrot from the African Savannah.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This bird park is excellent. Lots of interesting and colourful birds - many of them which you can handle and/or get close to. Good photo opportunities. A couple of walk-in aviaries (which are great) and occasional low-key shows around the park during the day. Spare a bit of time to visit the small (but interesting) reptile park next door which is included on the ticket. Pick up the iguana if you dare!
The only disappointment was the quality of food in the restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Bali Bird Park

Reviewed June 7, 2013

It's really nice ,the crew is helpful, but I would say that it's pretty small I was expecting to see more birds

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The BBP has stunning collection of birds, you can never get a closer look at them than you get to witness in the BBP. I wonder how do they even train them to sit on the same tree and the branch and none of these birds are caged. This place is for all age groups and must visit for all people visiting Bali. The entry ticket for foreigners are four times the cost of an Indonesian national ticket, but the place is really worth it. I've posted some photos here as well you can check my blog for my travel details.
Enjoy your trip and Happy Bali :)
You can follow @
www.canvaz.in

2  Thank LensMan_Ajay
Reviewed June 5, 2013

What a wonderful place. Big colourful birds everywhere. Different aviaries to walk through representing a few different countries. We held the most colourful birds and while they took photo's with their cameras with an opportunity for us to buy at the end they were also more than happy to take photo's for us with our cameras, no pressure at all.

The reptile section was wonderful also although not as exciting or as hands on as the birds although you could still hold a cute tortoise and an iguana (which my daughter did willingly).

We missed the birds of prey show which would allow the eagles to fly but the only disappointing thing was seeing a beautiful brown hawk in a large avairy but not large enough for him to fly. We asked one of the young girls if he ever gets let out but she didn't seem to think so. Many little birds have the biggest enclosures to fly in yet this hawk had no room at all, hopefully he does get released for the shows.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This bird park is very clean, designed very well, the pathways to walk, the cafe and restaurant inside it, the toilets, the birds, the plants are just 'right there' and all the staff are very polite with typical Indonesian warmth welcoming you starting from the entrance until you sit in your car at parking area.
I love to enjoy their meal and drinks here with my family, friends or clients in their semi-open restaurant. Nice food with affordable price, with amazing view to the birds, pond and plants!
If you come with young children, they have an amazing kid's corner with lots of crayons, pencils, paper and legos to play with!
The best part for me, it's when you already walk around and return to the entrance gate thru the restaurant, to visit their toilet in the restaurant, because it's airconditioned very well! And I can refresh myself not only with fresh water from the tap, but with a fresh air from aircon too! )))
When you purchase the entrance ticket, you may visit not only the Bali Bird Park (BBP), but Rimba Reptile Park as well! Rimba's location is just across a narrow road in one area with Bali Bird Park. It's not as big as BBP, but we can see quite a lot of reptiles there, including a huge Python .... his length it's about 6 meters! Ugh...!

1  Thank marala