“For coffee lovers”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Calgary, Canada
“For coffee lovers”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I admit I am a bit of a coffee snob (er, "connoisseur") and was really excited when I saw the selection at Anomali. I will pass up a latte for a well brewed cup of coffee or pulled espresso any day and Anomoli did not disappoint. Besides the esspresso-based drinks, one can choose from a range of single-origin coffee sourced from the various bean growing regions in Indonesia; i.e., Toraja bean from Sulawesi, Ache Gayo organic beans from Sumatra, Wamena beans from Papua, etc. and on top of that you can choose from a handful of filter or press methods.

Prices are indeed western but joe Starbucks ain't got nothing on the quality at Anomoli. This place and one in Seminyak seem to be the only other Anomoli branches outside of Jakarta. They sell packaged beans in pound and half-pound amounts. On the pricey side but I regret not bringing some back to Canada with me.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
“Great coffee and knowledgable staff”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I can never resist the allure of a good cafe. The smell of the fresh roasted beans was amazing and so was the coffee. Their house blend is great: just the right balance of punch and flavor. The staff were great and really knew their beans and coffee making.
Get an iced latte and watch the world go by.

Visited March 2014
Hamilton, Canada
“Great coffee done right!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We came to Anomali a number of times during our stay in Ubud! The coffee, both hot and iced, was wonderful. I take my coffee pretty seriously, and always look to find a place to get my fix while travelling. We found Anomali due to its central location and cool look, but after watching their baristas work I could tell they really knew what they were doing!
I absolutely loved their iced americanos, and they became almost a daily ritual for me when we were in town.
There is plenty of seating on both floors, though the intersection it sits at ensures that it's pretty busy/loud outside! Sure does make for some great people watching though.
The coffee shop does offer wi-fi, but we found that its popularity ensured that the wi-fi was not very fast when it was busy.

• Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Easy to find. Good coffee, too.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had a latte here for breakfast and that did not disappoint. Again, these coffee shops in Ubud are amazingly inexpensive. Less than 3 bucks again for good coffee. Tried their English breakfast set and that was good, but the OJ that comes with it was so-so. Overall, I'd say stick to the coffee (and pastries)!

Visited March 2014
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best coffee in bali”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great little cafe near the centre of Ubud - coffee is consistently good. They offer some great cakes and brunch items. You'll pay a bit more than some other coffee joints in the area but it still ends up being very cheap.

• Visited February 2014