“The BEST mountain bike tour in Bali”

Sepeda Bali Adventure Cycling and Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A Unique Cultural Experience Enjoy an Adventure Downhill Cycling tour off the beaten path. Guided by Twin Wayan and Ketut a Balinese native, will lead you along an unusual bike path through exotic jungle rarely seen by tourists. After viewing the spectacular Mt. Batur Volcano and a stunning temple, sample local fruits directly from the trees, and see coffee bean and rice plantations. You will then meet Wayan's wonderful family in the village Klungkung in their compound to eat a fresh home-cooked Balinese buffet. After a delicious meal, you will visit a beautiful white sand beach for a swim.
Reviewed April 2, 2015

I have been travelling almost non stop the last 15 years and this is by far one of the best tours I have been on. It's fun, educating, great guides, really good value for money and well organised.
Wayan, Ketut and their family are really lovely people, and it was so nice to be welcomed into their home, and on top having some of the best food I have had in Bali so far. The bikes are really well maintained and apparently (first comment from my bike entusiasts friends) really professional ones.
The tour goes through forest, thrilling off roading, villages, past rice fileds and all in all just a perfect way to see a different side of Bali.
I love the fact that they are so aware of the waste plastic problem, and they are active in educating kids and the community about it.
Next time I come back i'll go for the more adavanced tour and I cant wait. I would and have already recommended this tour to everyone. If you want to do something active while in Bali this is the tour and company to choose...no doubt about it:)

1  Thank jokeff
"short hike"
"local wood"
"wonderful home cooked"
in 2 reviews
"buffet lunch was delicious"

Reviewed March 3, 2015

The twins are awesome and really treat you like one of the family! We did the Kampung Bali Adventure which was great for myself who hasn't done much mountain biking before. It's mostly all down hill but gives you the ability to get acquainted on the bike and comfortable. The food at their family compound was wonderful! I highly recommend any tour with these two :) I even booked another tour in a couple of days!

Reviewed February 26, 2015

Super high quality bikes with suspensions. Plus Wayan is a great listener who customizes the biking tour based on your skill and comfort level. It was a tremendous way to see Ubud and learn about the culture. As an added bonus, Wayan made a video of the entire trip and was nice enough to transfer the file directly to my computer. The end of the ride features a delicious, authentic Balinese lunch on the family compound. By the time you are finished, you feel like you've had the perfect blend of culture, exercise, food, and experience. Terima Kasih!

Reviewed February 5, 2015

My husband and I had a GREAT time on this bike tour last month, it's one of the best things we experienced during our time in Bali. They're one of the smaller bike tour operators in Ubud and don't have flyers at the tour desks you see around town, but we found an ad for them on a local tourist map.

Wayan, his brother Ketut, and their entire family offer highly personalised service, and for this reason, they tend to keep their groups small - it was only the 2 of us and Wayan on the day we went. On the drive up to the biking start point, we stopped at a rice terrace just outside of Ubud and a viewpoint for Mount Agung & Mount Batur (STUNNING scenery). During the drive and stops, Wayan chatted with us about local history, customs and the recycling problem he's working on. Anyone who visits Bali during the rainy season will notice the immense garbage problem they have on the island - consisting mostly of plastic items (bags, bottles, etc). Wayan's recycling program is grassroots and they're working hard at educating people and cleaning up local areas. A portion of the profits from the tour operation support the recycling program, which we thought was great.

Once we got to the cycling start point, my husband was very impressed with the gear (he's an avid mountain biker). Everything was provided - helmet, gloves, water & even bug spray. We headed off down the hill and Wayan made sure that we were comfortable and encouraged us to go at our own pace (SLOW in my case haha). He also took pictures and wore a GoPro camera for the ride so we could have a copy of the footage at the end.

As I had never been mountain biking before, I found the first part of the trail (a dry river bed) pretty challenging but my husband found it great fun. I just took my time and made it through though. That said, I think you need to be relatively fit for the ride we took as there is a big hill you have to climb at one point (just walking up the hill was challenging!). However once you get to the top, it's a smooth ride down on paved surfaces through small towns and some rice fields. We loved how local kids ran out of their houses to wave and say hello to us! We also stopped at a local family farm to sample some fruit and drink some fresh coconut water.

The ride ended with lunch at Ketut & his family's home. There was an amazing spread of dishes, cooked by Ketut's wife. Everything was delicious and we were stuffed afterwards. That's when we headed off to a beach in Padangbai.. and wow, what a nice beach! Having only seen the beaches in Kuta (covered in garbage), we were relieved to see this white sand beach free of trash with blue waters. What a perfect way to end the tour!

We can't recommend Sepeda Bali enough - Wayan and his family are highly personable and we won't forget the day we spent with them for a long while.

2  Thank beachE_keen