“More than a bed”

By Dorry Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My friend and I had a fantastic time. From the moment we arrived, they took great care of us! The place is beyond charming. The details and artistic touches are lovely. View is tranquil, and when the rain eased up, we could even see the ocean. Ha! We joked that they should advertise an ocean view, even though its ways out there. The breakfast was amazing! The shower wouldn't heat up the first night, I texted Wulan (works there) about it the next morning, and it was fixed before we came back from our little day trip (which she had happily helped me organize). The place is out in the paddies; I'd suggest either renting a car or a motorbike to move about Ubud or greater Bali. You could try a bicycle, but the hills leading in and out of the place are REAL!

So, the place is great, friendly, beautiful. As nice as the physical place is, the best quality is the service. That's what really made our trip fantastic. From helping us organize transport, recommending places, helping me optimize our agenda, organizing laundry, extra blanket. Little things. And it was all done with a genuine willingness to help make our trip great. That's the feeling I got. They wanted to help make our trip awesome. And they did.

Room Tip: I would love to get some friends and rent out the villa. The upstairs room I was in had terrific fur...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Beautiful villas with amazing views. Very serene area just outside of Ubud. Nice artistic style throughout the villa. Nice infinity pool with an excellent view. The staff and hostesses are totally accommodating. Kitchenettes so you can make your own meals. Yoga studio is currently being built so that will only add to the overall quality. Great gardens and flowers for increased enjoyment.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I can never get enough of Bali. And I have to say, staying in By Dorry was the ultimate experience I've ever had in the island. The villa was amazing surrounded by paddy field, the environment was so serene and the view was breathtaking. It was a perfect place for relaxing and getting away from the bustle and hustle of the city. Every morning my friends and I were served a really nice breakfast. And whenever we wanted to go strolling around Ubud, there was a car who took us wherever we'd like to go. The management staffs were very friendly and helpful. They helped us organizing various activites to do in Ubud, from visit to Tampaksiring & Tirta Empul Water Temple to a yoga class. Everything was simply wonderful. That is why I consider it as a glimpse of heaven!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

By dorry villa by far is the best villa that ive been into in ubud. Its located close to central ubud and there's a car who can always takes us around. The owner and the management team are really nice and helpful. I even got the discounted rate for 2 nights. It has an amazing view of paddy fields and perfect weather. It was my best moment in ubud. Looking forward to stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

by Dorry is just an amazing guesthouse, we stayed at the main guesthouse and the 2 bedroom villa with own pool. The location and views of the rice field and local culture was so peaceful and inspired us to meditate. Perfect location near Ubud to absorb the real Bali, the local people are sincere, friendly and welcoming - we took local walks to the village nearby and the food was tasty and great. By Dorry staff were very welcoming, warm and helpful - the morning breakfast delights were lovely and much appreciated - what a place, every item in and around the beautiful buildings have Dorry's signature is one way or another, such beautiful detailing on the furniture, soft furnishings, wall paintings and even down to the hand painted Bali flowers on the roof finishings - Anyone who is lucky enough to experience this guesthouse will have it their hearts for a long time. Would definitely return and highly recommend it to others, family, friends or couples looking for a Bali retreat - warm wishes from London to Della and staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms on the ground floor of the guesthouse and the 2 bedroom villa with private po...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I put that title because when i stepped my foot there, the first thing that came across my mind was this place is Beautiful! Not just only By Dorry has the prettiest view of the rice field but also every detail of the exterior and interior of each villa and room is such a piece of art who was created by Dorry herself, just beautiful. I stayed at Rumah Jawa (it's a studio concept villa) it's perfect for couples. If you want to get away of city business, By Dorry is a place to go. A very quite and peaceful place to stay. Just 10-15 mins away from Ubud market you can find some balinese crafts or gifts. Not far from there you can walk to find cafes and restaurants to chill and eat or just grab some coffees. Ubud is well-known as its Yoga places. The host, Della would love to take you to some recommended places for it. She is really helpful and friendly! With the help of the staffs, Della will make your stay at By Dorry delightful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Everything! Excellent location, and beautiful scenery. Friendly and helpful staff, they did all they could do to make my stay great nd made me feel welcome. Facility was clean and tidy. Not noisy at Night. Highly recomended to stay in Ubud

• Stayed: August 2013