“Best.Best.Best”
Review of Green Kitchen

Green Kitchen
More attraction details
Owner description: traditional balinese cooking class "green kitchen" in sidemenExperience the real balinese dishes in the sacred village in Sidemen.We are offering you our traditional way of cooking like using fire wood, natural tools etc…feel the energy of nature
Reviewed January 20, 2013

It was the best way to spend a day in traditional balinese village with the best cooking teacher ever. I just can follow all the writers before. Totally recommended!!!!

1  Thank Nekromatea

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is the perfect outing if you enjoy cooking and getting out in the countryside. After getting picked up in Ubud (he'll pick you up from other places as well) we drove about 45 min. and stopped in the market in Klungkung. Then we continued to our host's family home where we met his mother and picked some herbs for cooking. A walk back behind his home to the family vegetable plot in the middle of the rice fields. We picked some of the veggies used in our meal and continued our stroll through the rice paddies. We ended up on a little ridge between areas of rice fields where we helped prepare and then ate our delicious meal. There were several women assisting with the preparation and cooking over a wood and bamboo fire. You can choose a vegetarian or a meat menu. We had the vegetarian one and it was delicious, and organic. The menu varies depending on what is available at the time. We had so much food. I wish I could have eaten more. It poured rain most of the afternoon so we were not able to take advantage of the optional swimming after the meal, but it would have been fun. Congratulations for getting this excellent new business going! Look for the brochure up on the wall at the Tourist Information Center in Ubud.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Located in an amazing place in Bali, in this class you are going to be aible to collect what you are going to cook, and learn about balinese culture.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Enjoyed the day, visiting the markets with a local Balinese Nyoman, who also took us to his family home. Picking the produce from a small vegetable garden and cooking a fantastic lunch was made all the easier by Nyoman and and his assistants. A great day out to get a small taste of another side of Bali.

PS Nyoman even catered for my special request to make Ayam Sambal Matah which I discovered in Ubud, definitely be making that one at home but I don't think it will be as good.

1  Thank Aussie a
Reviewed October 31, 2012

What a fabulous day and as other reviewers have said Green Kitchen is a MUST DO!!!! I had a fantastic time, with Nyoman picking me up at my Villa in Keramas and then he took us all to the KlungKung market, it was awesome to see the local market and all the produce they had for sale.

Nyoman continued to be a fantastic host, taking us to his traditional family home and teaching us all about their way of life and beliefs. Then it was off to the rice paddy to collect vegetables for us to use during the day.

A short walk up the hill to the outdoor kitchen where we were treated to a wonderful lesson in Balinese cooking. We all got involved with some great techniques that are easy to take home with you.

The food was delicious, Nyoman and the girls were fantastic hosts. If you are looking for something to do while staying in the area, I would highly recommend this day out.

1  Thank WeLoveBali

Been to Green Kitchen? Share your experiences!