“Great Place to Relax”

Vision Villa Resort
Reviewed June 8, 2012

After 2 weeks touring China, Vision Villas was just the place to relax and refresh. From the moment we walked in we were made very welcome. John, Roz and little Allegra were great hosts as managers. Always available to give advice and help with arrangements. Loved our room with the outdoor shower. Service was fantastic. The massage therapists were fantastic. The most relaxing massage we have ever had. The grounds were excellently presented with many water features adding to the tranquility of the place. We just loved the beautiful smiles on all the staff. As we were in Bali for relaxation and meeting the people this was the spot to be. Shopping was not on our list of things to do. A short walk up the road takes you to a local village where everyone welcomes you with a big smile. Keep you mind on the traffic though. This was our first visit to Bali and we are already considering another trip.

Room Tip: We were upstairs and didn't mind. If I was staying there again I think I would ask for a ground...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara S

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 5 relaxing nights at XL Vision Villas in mid-May.

The property is absolutely beautiful, from the minute we walked in and saw the lush green grounds and trickling water features, you couldn't help but feel relaxed and 'on holiday' already. There are sounds from nature all around - birds, rain, rustling leaves, it was everything I imagined a 'tropical paradise' to be. Our villa was just lovely, the bed was HUGE and incredibly comfortable, and we loved our outdoor shower!

We found the location ideal for our purposes - we had never been to Bali before so wanted to see a bit of everything, and found Vision Villas was ideally located to get to most places. About 25-30 minutes to Ubud, just over an hour to Kuta, but after our day there we think this is probably a good thing! Returning to the quiet, calm Villas after a day in Kuta was such a relief! We had a couple of instances where drivers we hired independently (eg. not organised by the Villas) weren't really sure where the resort was, but they always found out how to get there by stopping and asking people on the side of the road! The resort staff also provided us with a business card we could give to drivers we hired independently and were willing to direct drivers over the phone, so this really wasn't a huge problem.

We ate a few times at the restaurant and found the food really good, although sometimes the restaurant was let down by slow service - it wasn't really an issue for us as we were on holiday and in no hurry, but at times it was a bit frustrating. The staff were always extremely friendly however, I wonder if it is just the Balinese way sometimes - things will happen when they happen, and some of us Westerners get a bit impatient with this at times!

We were also very grateful to the Villa's hospitable staff for allowing us to have a quick swim and use one of the villas for a shower before we left for our late night flight home, having spent the day hiking in Ubud, we really appreciated being able to feel refreshed before we got on the plane.

Overall, we had a wonderful, relaxing time at XL Vision Villas and can't wait to return to Bali one day... Would we return to Vision Villas? Hmm, perhaps not at full price (we got 5 nights on Scoopon quite heavily discounted) after hearing of the service you get at other resorts for a similar price, which are a bit closer to places like Ubud, which we really enjoyed. It wasn't that the Villas were dreadful, we did have an absolutely wonderful time, and hey, if somebody paid for us, we'd totally go back! But the few things that let it down, such as service, they are done better at other places from what we hear. We also discovered that the owners use the resort to occasionally run what I would describe as 'get rich quick' seminars, which really seemed at odds with the culture we encountered in Bali. I don't think you'd want to get caught at the resort when one of these seminars is going on.

Vision Villas is an ideal place to relax and unwind, it is well-located while still being away from the hustle and bustle of tourist centres like Kuta and Ubud, and is everything you would expect from a tropical resort. With a bit of attention to a few service issues this place could be truly amazing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AussieTraveller15
visionvillas, Owner at Vision Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I appreciate all your constructive advice relating to how we can best improve our service and thus make Vision Villas even more special.
You are correct that we hold meetings or group events at Vision Villas but we do not book individual guests at the same time as events.We also believe that this would distract from a private holiday.
I would like to let you know that we do not have any "get Rich Quick " events ,to the best of my knowledge as we also believe that Bali is a place of harmony that should not be tainted by such practices.
I am delighted that you managed to see a few places in Bali and we look forward to your return.

Kind Regards. The Management

Reviewed May 28, 2012

XL Vision Villas is a place with a difference,Its serene surroundings will make you feel at peace within your self.
Beautifully decorated in traditional Balinese style, bed was SO comfortable with nice bedding.
Out side Shower was amazing and well maintained, I didn't have a problem with the property.
Service: Outstanding
Food: Well it was ok the first day then shrank each & every day after that & a bit over priced for what you got.
Now as for the Managing Staff...
A few were rude, obnoxious & kind of over powering, Not all just a few to make you feel uncomfortable.
1 of the managing staff there wanted to know why we had gone for a walk & not hired a driver from the villas...This really got out of control when 1 day we invited our friend back ( which was our driver & we had known him for ages ) not a driver commissioned by XL villas to have a cool drink ...Pete was stopped by this member of staff and asked to leave as they WONT ALLOW you to let visitors come there EVEN though you paid for the time YOU stay there and you are over age. Now this might NOT have been such a problem if something was said to us earlier, when we booked the trip ( we might not have even stayed there because of this ) but still when we booked in STILL NOTHING was said of this so called RULE...? Not until Pete had stepped into the Foyer area then I was so TOTALLY embarrassed with the gruff & rudeness of this manager telling him he had to leave. Now I actually had to fight this out with him & in the end Pete was allowed to sit by the pool....LOL Oh but the damage was already done by this time. I have NEVER encountered this sort of overpowering behavior @ ANY other hotel or Villa ANY where let alone Bali before. We quickly left these Villas the next morning Early!!! Next Villas we stayed @ didn't have this stupid rule & had never heard of such a thing!!!
Sorry I raved on a bit but this really upset us!!
Other than that a Really pretty Place to stay if you want Peace & Quiet

Room Tip: Villa across from the pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon B
visionvillas, Owner at Vision Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Sharon,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with one of our managers.As the General Manager of Vision Villas, I can tell you we certainly would not ever want to treat any guests at our resort in this way. I will find out which staff member this was and ensure this never happens again. In the meantime my deepest apologies to you and your friends. Renate Hamilton

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Beautiful people, beautiful hotel, beautiful location. If you want shopping, and clubs don't come here. Vision Villas is set near a genuine, not targeted to tourists, Balinese village. I've read in other reviews that its in "the middle of nowhere" but that just means not in a tourist trap. We encountered a school on one of our walks and were swamped by hundreds and gorgeous little Balinese smiles that fill your heart. The service here is exceptional, every time you turn around, they make your bed. The grounds are amazing and very tranquil, excellent for those who like to really relax. Give it a try for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in Siwa which was very private but close to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Thank you to John, Roz, Scott and the team at XL Vision Villas. This place has the most divine energy and is really set up for a Body, Mind & Soul enrichment experience. The pavilions are amazing - my intuition, clarity and sense of self really opened up when I worked within the elements asking the questions "Why, What, Who, How & When". The team couldn't be more helpful in ensuring that we had everything we needed to have an amazing experience - including arranging some awesome adventure activities. It is around 30 minutes to go out to restaurants etc. - so be prepared to commute, although the cost of a driver into town is very reasonable - so not an expensive exercise.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2012

They are located in the centre of Bali, which means you can get to anywhere on the island easily.

Room: We had a nice outdoor patio overlooking the pool. Beautifully decorated in traditional Balinese style, bed was comfortable with nice bedding. Closets have locks. Hot water kettle with plenty of tea bags, clean mini fridge, leveled air conditioning. Bath towels replaced whenever we wanted and 2 bottles of water left daily which was very nice. Shower was amazing and well maintained, we noticed they use solar power and are very enviromentally friendly with everything.

Pool: Good sized pool,crystal clear water, was cleaned everyday, large bath towels on pool loungers with plenty of sun coverage.

Food: We had breakfast included in our pkg which included fruit,juice,tea,2 large pieces of toast with butter and jam and a pastry, it was my daughters favorite part of our day. You can get room service anywhere, your room, pool roof top terrace ,etc. The beef randang is so yummy as well as all the soups.

Service: Outstanding, so friendly that we felt like we were staying with family, we chatted with everyone as if we had known them forever, got great advice and on my Birthday they surprised me with the most beautiful and tasty cake I have ever had. They have 2 lovely girls who give great massages that should not be missed, you can get massages with your partner or solo, they took such care even when tying up my hair, it reminded me of when I was little when my mom would tenderly put my hair back, they take great pride and care in treating your body. They are very well priced, we had 4 massages while there, that should explain how resonable the prices were, no reason to skip out on this luxury.

You can walk to the beach or Safari Park very easily and safely. You can hire a driver for the day who will take you wherever you want for a very good price, they will set everything up for you and have a select group of drivers that they use who are trustworthy and helpful. We stayed for 2 weeks and Ross helped us plan our stay and gave us tips and advice on good little places to eat while we were out for the day, she planned my Birthday trip, snorkeling the Ship Wreck Liberty which cost us nothing as she said we can just snorkel off the beach and there was no need to go through a tour company, amazing fish with all sorts of colors, we were in a tornado of fish, unbelievably amazing, my daughters favorite day was canyon tubing, pick up at the hotel and lunch is included, I dont know anywhere else in the world you can do this, so much fun.We also went to the zoo which has a treetop zipling course that was challenging and exciting, you can really interact with animals and use your own camera to take pictures which was great, we held a huge boa snake, monkeys, tiger cubs, petted camels, deer and got to feed alot of them as well. The Elephant Taro conservation park is a must, we got to ride, feed, and bathe baby elephants,lunch and transport was included. You have to go to Ubud and go shopping and to the monkey forest.

Vision Villas is about making sure you have best time you can have in Bali, making a profit is NOT the first priority,they go above and beyond, the charitable work they do was one of the main reasons we chose them, they really care about the community and people. You are out of the tourist area and really get a sense of community and family. Mantra reminded me of my Dad and always was excited to hear about what we did and saw and even kept us up to date on things going on in the town, we loved him, upon paying my final bill I calculated wrong and in his honesty informed me of my mistake.

We cant wait to go back, my teenage daughter was going through a tough time, she watched her grandpa suffer with terminal cancer and eventually pass away all within 6 weeks, she had become depressed and started to hate life, Ross and Allegra made her see things positively with giving her bread to feed the fish, setting up movie nights and our favorite was a hunt to find all the Buddhas, these small things made our trip personal and also made the loss of my Dad easier to overcome, they even drove us to airport and sent us on our way with one more tip, a great sushi place by gate 1 at the airport which is also a must if you enjoy fresh sashimi and sushi.

Just a side note, its $25 US (cash only) for a visa on arrival and 150 000 IDR (cash only) each upon departure.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic, trust they will find you one that best fits you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Max922
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Had a wonderfully relaxing few days at Vision Villas. The rooms are wonderfully put together with authentic Balinese furniture and artifacts. The bed was HUGE and more comfortable than any 5 star resort. Outside shower was unique and special.

The Villa Complex has water trickling all around you and except for the sounds of the birds.. very little other noise. This quiet area of central Bali is very far from the craziness of the Southern areas.

A highlight was the massage in the most tranquil of settings with delightful ladies who were true experts in their craft.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple