“DO NOT EAT THE FOOD.”

Bali White Water Rafting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Telaga Waja River is best destination for this adventures 'cause this river has Class Rapid Water from 3 till 4 grade water, so it's will be good for Beginner and will give Challenge for Experience and The water from the Mountain Springs Of Mount Agung, and your journey are 16 Km on the Raft or in the River around 2,5 Hours. Once you paddle on the river, you'll enter the secret beauty of Bali. Through the pure nature, wild tropical forests, over hanging trees and vines creating a thrilling beginner-class rafting course. Enjoy the extremely clear water, flows around numerous hairpin curves and experiences out breathtaking grade 3 and 4 rafting through a deeply carved valley with towering waterfalls along 16 km course.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“DO NOT EAT THE FOOD.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Mega Rafting was somewhat fun on the journey, except the tour guide kept "joking" with me every two seconds. I wanted to punch him after the tenth time in ten minutes.

I went on a private trip with the guide and my father. Again, sights were nice. Everything else sucked.

THEN, the food at the end. I don't know why I didn't think about not eating it - I was so exhausted. But I did. Disgusting, covered in flies, I think it had been sitting out for days.

Now, I have a parasite in my stomach, a temperature of 103.0 F, and I am barely able to eat or use the restroom. I went to see an Indonesian doctor who was barely any help. Now, I'm back in the US and am testing for which parasite I have.

My immune system is so low, I also now have bronchitis.

I suggest you skip Mega Rafting and pay the extra for a different company.

15 Thank oohsuzyq

Phillip Island, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“25 klm of fun!!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Guides are great and made the trip alot of fun. Lunch included was great with traditional items on offer....almost worked off the 200 plus steps down and then the 200 plus steps up !! Well worth the effort and they don't rush you so take your time and stop along the way for some great shots.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Carolyn T
Singapore, Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Telega waja river rafting”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My 2 kids aged 8 & 13 booked discovery tours and we managed to get a special price for all 4 of us at US$ 106. The telega waja river did not have any ravine or falls it was just a smooth sail. Expected more exitements. Though it was cheaper we noticed that many others were in better looking life jackets and newer boats. Therefore a discount may not be the same quality you may get. You may want to check first on that special deal price, with the providers. However the guide was exellant he did his best to ensure safety for both kids, also entertained them on the way. I also did book a photographer at R 250k, he was good. I did tip the guide but not the photographer. Reason was because there were a few others all standing Viewing the photos at the restaurant. I did not want to just tip him in front of all others but in private. Hope to see this photographer again in my next coming visit 2013 march. See you then buddy.

4 Thank Gani S
Sydney, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Thrilling rafting with spectacular view!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I thought this was going to be a fun day, I was amped for it - and even I was blown away within minutes of getting started.

The instructors speak great english and were great to laugh and joke around with. The rafts are of good quality, along with the lifejackets etc.

I would recommend wearing a cheap pair of sandles or something you can strap to your feet as you WILL get VERY wet!

There are plenty of waterfalls along the way as the natural spring water carves between the mountain and farmland. There's a big suprise waiting for you just before the end - HOLD ON!

The food was great, you need it after all the paddling.

They also have a 'dry-bag' on each raft for things like phones, cameras and wallets. (Remember their money is paper not poly like ours)

Give it a go, you won't be disappinted!

Visited October 2012
6 Thank Cal P
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“UNREAL, BEST FUN EVER”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

White water rafting is fun and the scenery is to die for. There are water falls along the way. The guide we had was so much fun. The water was crystal clear and freezing just how you want it to be in Bali. It takes up most of your day, there a drink spots sent up along the way and they are really cold. At the end they put on lunch. Some of it was really nice and some of it was so so. Will be the frist thing I will book to do next time.

Visited November 2012