“Amazing experience!”
Review of Bali Bintang Tour

Bali Bintang Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Bali Bintang Tour, Bali’s Premier Cycling and Adventure Tour Company. Balinese owned and operated, we are excited to continue expanding from Cycling tours or bike tours to Volcano Trekking, Rafting and Special Interest tours while offering impeccable service with integrity, safety and of course FUN for everyone!If you’re reading this right now, it means that you’re looking for a fun and exciting way to see the Bali off the beaten tourist path. You know that there is more to experiencing Bali than just the crowds and tour busses, hanging at the bars in Kuta, or the head spinning shopping frenzy… and yet you haven’t figured out exactly where to go to get the insider’s peek at rural village life and the beautiful backdrop of Bali’s countryside. Biking and Trekking in Bali is one of the BEST and most UNFORGETTABLE ways to explore the people, the land and the Balinese way of life.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Along with I friend, I did the 35km downhill cycle with Bali Bintang in October 2012. Having not been to gym for 14 years, and having last set foot on a bicycle when I was eight years old, I was extremely nervous and doubtful that I could do it. The first 100m was scary as I tried to get used to it, but once I did, it was such an amazing experience! In the end I was fearlessly cycling alongside trucks and a hundred motorcycles. It was fantastic to cycle through the most beautiful traditional villages that gave one a glimpse of life outside of the highly populated tourist areas. The trip included a visit to a traditional house, which was great. We were fortunate to have a truly amazing young guide who was very knowledgable about Balinese culture. Sadly, I can't remember his name, but he has a good future as an excellent tour guide. It was great to stop whenever we felt like it (to rest the numb hands!) and look at the stunning family temples on the side of the road. This experience was a highlight of my first trip to Bali. The cycle ended with a truly delicious meal. Well done Bali Bintang. I would have scored you 10/10, but you lost a few points because my bicycle tyres did not have much tread on them. Please make sure that tyres are in good condition and you'll score full marks! Terima kasih for a wonderful experience!

agusdarmadi, Owner at Bali Bintang Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Sueinbali147,

Thank you for your time to writing your experience with us here and special thanks for your advice, we really appreciate it. Well, about bike tires we will control it to ensure our bike tires in good condition. Again, thank you so much. Cheers!

There are newer reviews for Bali Bintang Tour

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I found this activity on TripAdvisor and decided to make a booking before we arrived in Bali. All arrangements were made viable email, including being picked up early from our hotel in Legian. What a wonderful day. I should point out that my friend and I had not been on bicycles (bar those in a gym) for about 25 years. We enjoyed the stop for Luwak coffee and the banana fritters at the restaurant at Kintamani...then put on helmets and mounted our bicycles. At that point my friend and I had similar thought..."I cannot do this". Despite a slightly wobbly start, we ended up having an extra-ordinary day. The tour guides were absolutely great ...kind and patient. We stopped regularly to take photos and although most of the trip was downhill, we're provided with the option to hand over our bikes if the gradient became too steep and travel uphill in the vehicle. No one was ever left behind and we enjoyed the walk around the rice field and the home visit. I am amazed that I handled the short section on the main road but local drivers were also patient nd passed us slowly. The lunch at the end of the cycle was delicious and an well earned period to unclench my left hand which had had a death grip on the back brakes for many hours. We will certainly do this activity again when we return to Bali.

1  Thank GracieAuckland
agusdarmadi, Owner at Bali Bintang Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear GracieAuckland,

Thank you for your time to writing a review about your tour with us, we greatly appreciate it. We believe your review will represented our tour to another and help them to find a worth experience for their holiday. Again, thank you so much.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The biking is easy, the views scenic, and you get some great insight into Balinese life and culture; thoroughly enjoyed and well worth the money. The guides could not have been nicer. Make sure you have a good breakfast before you start because lunch is not until 2p. For those who want to do some serious biking, this trip is not for you as most of the ride is downhill. Nonetheless, even serious bikers should enjoy the scenery.

agusdarmadi, Owner at Bali Bintang Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear bruce a,

Thank you so much for your great, detailed review, we really appreciate it and believe the review have represented our tours and services. Cheers!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Once again we headed back to Bali Bintang Bike Tours because it was the most wonderful experience last year. They topped it again! Thia trip to Bali we did so many different things but this was the one thing we all agreed that we had to do again. Our guide was Poni and his helper John were fantastic. Telling us about anything and everything along the way. Our group was aged 8 - 45 and the pace suited us all. We took a slightly different route this time and made some different stops, the highlight being the school. Poni took us inside all the class rooms and the children were adorable. Our similar aged kids loved this experience. The mealat the conclusion was the same as last year....delicious. The bikes are great. They go to a bit of trouble making sure everyone has just the right bike for them. Also the stop on the way up the mountain at the coffee plantation was really interesting too. It is such wonderful value, don't hesitate to book with Bali Bintang, we will all be back for sure! Thank you for a fantastic experience once again guys :)

Dear Heids70,

Thank you so much for getting back to us again and your great, detailed review - we really happy when we knew you had a good time with us and recommend our tour. We believe your review will help another traveler to ensure how our tour is. Thank you

Best Regards,

Wayan Agus

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Got picked up at my accomm at about 7:45am - a few stops to pick up others then we were on our way to Kintamani. We stopped off at the coffe place made famous (apparently) in the flim 'The Bucket List' where we could sample the coffee (including the famous Luwak coffee made from the bean that has - how to put it... travelled through the digestive tract of a civet... and it was pretty tasty, and I'm still alive to writ e about it.) We stayed there for probably a bit too long and the coffee place has a shop attached where you are, somewhat expectedly, guilted into buying something. The Luwak coffee can be bought at the Bin Tang Supermarket in Seminyak for less than you pay at here. After the coffee stop we headed to our launching place: Kintamani where we were provided with some ordinary coffee (if you ask for milk - it is sweetened condensed) and some okay banana fritters. Then it's onto your bike for the long dowhill ride. The bikes were in good order and easy to set up/manage. A word to those less cycling savvy - this ride is almost exclusively downhill - so you may want top set your saddle lower than you expect to take some stress off your arms & shoulders. We rode past some spectacular rice paddies and various rural scenes. The guide was great and really friendly and there was a good mix of people on the tour that made the day more enjoyable - you see some great stuff which I won't go into so as you can discover yourself. At the end of the ride lunch is provided - and it was both huge and delicious - I broke the cardinal rule of "do not drink things with ice in them or eat peeled fruit" as I dod both and seemed to pull up fine afterwards. All in all a really enjoyable day that I would recommend. Not the most exciting experience but a pretty chilled way to see things form a different angle. Cost was about AUD $40.00

2  Thank argonaut64
agusdarmadi, Owner at Bali Bintang Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear argonaut64,