“Very lovely! Wonderful staff!!”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
7 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms, Sleeps 13
Gianyar, Gianyar Regency, Bali

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 37 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
French first
Any
XManNL
Seattle
“Very lovely! Wonderful staff!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

This villa is very comfortable and enjoyable. The staff is absolutely fantastic! Wonderful people who took care of anything we needed. The food was very delicious! And what they did for us for Christmas was just beautiful!!! They yard was decorated and we had a lovely meal out by the pool. Everything was very nice. The rooms were huge and the beds very comfortable! The view from the pool is beautiful and you can rest and relax in quiet calm. :)

Date of stay: December 2014
Location Service
Emeraldci...
Seattle, WA
“Perfect”
Reviewed January 24, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Words cannot describe how incredible our experience was Villa Bukit Naga. And its staff, perfection. Every year a group of family and friends spend the Christmas/New Years holiday in a different location. Last year we chose Bali. After much research I choose Villa Bukit Naga. What a great choice. This is the type of home which would appear in Architectural Digest. The rooms are huge. The infinity pool is so beautiful, especially at night overlooking a large ravine, with all the trees and stars and the croaking frogs and quiet drums from the Hindi Temple on the other side. Magical. This villa can easily accommodate 13 persons. The grounds are huge, with little patios here and there, a bale by the main pool and another down a garden path and next to a Hindu Shrine. And flowers everywhere. Small and sometimes very large offerings to the Gods are put out each morning.

The staff are first class. We have stayed at many villas and none come even close to the professional care you will receive at VBN. The house manager, Parta, is available 24/7. He will also drive you into Ubud, or anywhere you would like to go. He is an excellent tour guide. The professional cook, Putu, is also excellent. Any type of meal you would like, she will prepare. We asked for a special Christmas Day feast. Something Balinese. The staff began preparing 2 days before, making flower arangements, and hand woven grass and flower strands to hang from the pool side bale. The evening of the dinner we came out to find dozens of organic tea candles surrounding the pool, twinkle lights in all the trees and a Bale transformed into a magical vision. The 8 dish dinner was incredible. To complete the event, Parta had arranged for two girls from the village to perform several traditional dances to live music. Unbelievable! All the family members of the staff and others from the village all came to watch the performance and celebrate with us. A perfect Christmas in balmy Bali.

There are many villas to choose from in Bali. Beach, mountain, tourist spots, Ubud,..all are great. But if you want something beyond special, beyond your expectations, then there is only one place. The Villa Bukit Naga.

Date of stay: December 2014
Value Cleanliness
Biche6051
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Wonderful villa and amazing staff”
Reviewed January 5, 2015 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Not only the villa is stunning but the staff is what makes this place magical. The whole team is exceptional, we have been looked after like never before. They made us feel like home, nothing was too difficult for them, they new what we needed before we had time to ask anything.
We loved everything about villa bukit naga and we couldn't have wished for a better place to celebrate our wedding. The villa is breath taking. The rooms are big, clean and well decorated. The gardens around the villa are stunning. The pool is like paradise. The decorations and flowers were amazing, the food was excellent... everything was better than I could have ever imagined! Just like a dream.
We will never forget this place and are looking forward to come back with our family.
Thank you John and Vanessa for helping us organising our wedding and answering all my emails so quickly.
Thank you Parta for beeing so flexible and kind. Thanks for taking all my stress away.
Thank you Bukit Naga team for making our stay so special.
It was a pleasure to meet you all.

Date of stay: October 2014
Value Service
CD0862_95
Maffliers, France
“Really nice place and fantastic staff”
Reviewed November 25, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

After spending 4 nights there, I can say we stayed like in private 5 star hotel.

First of all, be ensured the villa is more than compliant with the website photos.

It is about 14 years old and globally very well maintained even if we made 2 or 3 suggestions to Parta the villa manager when filling the detailed satisfaction form he provided to us when leaving, ie to install more obscuring curtains for night in bedrooms, to improve internet bandwith

The area is very quiet and offers nice view. All buildings are very impressive (huge) and garden (so nice) and main pool (good temperature) as well.

We felt the interiors a bit sad due to old style decoration added to much grey stone and dark wood but we suppose that the lady who bought the villa few months ago will certainly enhance interiors with more up to date pieces to make main living room and bedrooms more bright and original. Ubud area offers so many beautifull pieces for decoration ...

However everything is really good quality and very clean interior and exterior.

The gem is the 5 star staff of 12 managed by Mr Parta.

There is a real team spirit there and every stall member is so service minded we were really sad to leave them as friends after only 5 days.

We cannot terminate this review without pointing out the pearl into the gem, I mean the finest cuisine of Mrs Putu the cook who hugely contributed to our high satisfaction. When booking the villa Bukit Naga and regarding the 30mn distance to Ubud restaurants, we were a bit afraid about food which is often so basic in villas. Sincerely many restaurants could take lessons at villa Bukit Naga.

So let's summarize : very huge and top class villa for sure but another good reason to come there is the best of breed service offered by a great staff so Parta could you please thank again all your team with special thoughts to Mrs Putu (I will try her recipes soon), Mr Made (Comment allez-vous ?) and Mrs Made for her daily "se-nacks" (She will understand this private joke).

Merry Christmas and hope to be lucky to meet you all again next year.

Date of stay: November 2014
Cleanliness Service
NessC289
Canberra, Australia
“Paradise found......over and over again!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

I enjoy trip advisor.... and I think I'm pretty good at reading between the lines, so take most reviews with the necessary grain of salt. And I find it is usually the case that 'if its good you tell a few people but if you're unhappy you tell everyone!'
So.... I want to tell everyone how completely happy we have ALWAYS been with EVERYTHING at Villa Bukit Naga.
Our first visit was in 2003 and we have returned many times... I think 7 or 8, since. On our first visit we travelled as a group of 8. Ourselves and our very young children (ages 18 months and 4 years) and another family with children of the same age.
As we walked into the amazingly grand entrance, we all commented on how it wouldn't surprise us if Royalty or any of the worlds Rich and Famous had just departed. We were met with welcoming drinks, cool towels and a light snack. It felt like we were family, being welcomed home. I think it's a very telling sign that in the last 10 years the key staff haven't changed.
Parta is exceptional in his position as Villa Manager. Nothing is too difficult. He is beyond accommodating and is one of the kindest people you will meet.
Putu is quite honestly one of the best chefs on the Island. She even went as far as mastering Chocolate Souffle (no easy feat in the tropics!) for one of our guests... and the breakfasts are insane!! My kids devour Putu's pancakes and cinnamon scrolls. My request for Dragonfruit Smoothies was met with brilliant result as you can see in my photos! There is no reason to ever leave the Villa for food, but if/when you do decide to venture out, Parta will be there to make sure you are safely delivered to your chosen restaurant or club and then returned at your leisure to Villa Bukit Naga. Even if it's a 3am after a big night at KuDeTa!!
Melly is just devine. She's our 'go-to-girl' for poolside cocktails and also makes a brilliant Short Black or Macchiato. One year I had a dreadful flu, and Melly had me fixed in no time with her magical concoction of lime/soy/ginger... and her Ginger Lemon Tea is a morning staple!
Made will have your room made up/turned down/tidied and sorted in the blink of an eye! He is seriously like the ghost who walks!! You will only need to express once that you were a little hot or cold and your air-cond will be adjusted. Or perhaps a different duvet on your immaculate oversized king bed? More pillows?....not a problem! I've not had better housekeeping in any 'Ritz', 'Hyatt', 'Four Seasons' or 'S.L.S Hotel' in the world....and I've stayed in quite a few.
The Villa itself is simply stunning. The photos do not actually do it justice. All the suites are amazing and there is just so much space! I adore the 2 bedroom Villa, and find that the gym particularly handy after indulging in Putu's creations. It is quite amazing how you can have 3 families with 8 children under 9 years of age here, and still maintain a sense of serenity and calm....
I won't go on about the rooms and baths....suffice it to say it is luxury at a level most people only dream of.
We have celebrated many occasions here....and the staff have always gone beyond to make things special. We have visited with other families, and single friends.
My parents have even visited with their friends to celebrate a 70 birthday.
So jumping ahead to our last visit a couple of months ago....
We arrived to find the Villa perfectly pristine. Elegant as always, seemingly unchanged by time. It's amazing to see our children, now so grown up, with the staff they call their Bukit Naga Family. Lots of hugs all round. We spent a wonderful, but not long enough 9 days here, and introduced a new family to the Bukit Naga experience. This was their first visit to Bali, and Villa Bukit Naga will be the reason they return. Clever changes to the villa include a new 'Kids Wing' with table tennis, billiards (pool) table and the all essential 'gaming' room (I'm not sure if its Xbox or Playstation!). And a new Cooking instruction room, which we didn't get to try on this visit.
Recognising the need to adapt to changing groups is one of the Villas strengths. It is testament to the Owner and Management, that the Villa is so suitable for such a wide variety of uses and people.
I think something that should be noted also is that in our 8+ visits and my parents visit, not once has any guest had the dreaded Bali Belly. Perhaps this is due to the amazing kitchen staff and housekeeping staff or perhaps its just good luck, but I choose to believe that the spirits at Bukit Naga look after us.

Date of stay: October 2013
as0715201...
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Improvements? Can't think of any.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I am on my last day of a 7 day stay in "Villa Bukit Naga". We have just completed a beautiful private purification ceremony in the surreal surrounds of the villa's own temple with a Hindu Priest from North Bali. All arranged by management and staff without blinking.
There are 6 of us here, and to transmit every moment of inner-peace, luxury and relaxation this place has afforded us would fill a book. So in brief, the food was exquisite. I have been to Bali on numerous occasions and never tasted western food prepared as perfectly as this. The staff are trained, professional and courteous. Nothing is too hard for them to accommodate. The surroundings are outstanding. A noticeable healing energy permeates from across the forested valley, over the river and into the villa. Everyone feels it. The gardens are a joy to behold from every window and everything is spotless and meticulously maintained.
The most pleasant surprise is the "little things" that are just done right. That's hard to find. Everything (and more) is where you would logically expect it to be. That is rare; certainly in Bali.
As the title of this review indicates, there is truly nothing all 6 of us can think of that could be improved. We're so impressed, we've booked a return stay for next month.

Date of stay: February 2014
Traveling group: Friends
TeresitaP...
“Fabulous, highly recommended - this is the Villa Bukit Naga in Gianyar.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

My group (13 discriminating lady travellers) said goodbye to Villa Bukit Naga last night with superb memories of our 4-day stay, sincere thanks to Villa Manager Parta and his delightful team, and fond hopes for a return visit. I highly recommend Villa Bukit Naga: beautiful scenery, excellent kitchen, and great service by a wonderful staff. Definitely good value and deserving of a long list of praises.

Date of stay: January 2014
Location Cleanliness
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing