We stayed for 2 nights and had plenty of time to see and do everything on offer here.
The room was lovely, themed African style, with a balcony that over looks zebras and rhinos roaming around and the elepahnt safari rides - very special to have these animals to view so close. The room was away from reception, however, the staff more than happy to drop you off or pick you up in the little golf cart if you wanted to ( some times they insisted they drive us to the room as "too hot, missus!")
The pool was cool and refreshing, and again able to see the animals wandering around.
The night time safari was excellent and what an experience with the tigers! During the morning before the park opened we had all the animals to our selves to look at, the elephants however were our favourite.
Used the Uma restaurant in the park twice for lunch. The food was fine and had a large choice available. The Tsvaro Lion Restaurant for buffet breakfast with the meer kats was great and the dinner menu was OK - perhaps some more simple options would be an improvement. The outdoor grill restaurant offered a buffet, the food was nice but perhaps exepnsive for what was on offer. However, there is not a lot of choice once you are on site and our meals were all very acceptable. Where else can you pat an elephant between mains and dessert??
Very relaxing, the animal and bird noises at night were lovely, great start to unwind for our Bali holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara River Safari Lodge is a themed resort that offers a truly unique experience. Accommodation is composed of a series of comfortably appointed thatched dwelling orientated towards a landscaped inhabited by wildlife. With the shadow of Bali's sacred Mount Agung looming in the distance, embrace the rare tranquility of this retreat as rhinos, zebras and oryx graze contentedly at close range. Savor the raw beauty surrounding the lodge, while lions majestically roar declaring their status as the king of the beasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mara River Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara River Safari Hotel Gianyar
- Mara River Safari Resort
- Mara River Safari Lodge Bali/Gianyar