“Great simple hotel for a good price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wida Hotel

Wida Hotel
Ranked #93 of 138 Hotels in Denpasar
Melbourne, Australia
“Great simple hotel for a good price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in March 2011, and this hotel was a huge step up from my previous two hotels while I was in Bali (albeit double the price).

Although Google Maps doesn't have the hotel correctly placed, it's in a great location, on Jalan Melasti (opposite a huge advertising billboard). It's a ten second walk to shopping, bike rentals and tours, less than 5 minutes walk to the beach, and 10-15 minutes walk into the heart of Kuta nightlife (Jalan Legian).

No place for car parking, but there is space to leave a scooter overnight.
Breakfast wasn't large, but was nice.

My room (#9) was spacious, and clean. Staff were friendly, and I was able to leave my bag there when I went out for the day after checkout (although not very secure - as it was just left behind the desk).

For price and location, I think it was a good stay.
Internet available in restaurant at 20,000/hour.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Harry216921

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

It's easy to find this hotel. Located across the Legian market and has a red signboard. I stayed in Wida hotel for 1 night, at the deluxe pool view room. The bed was OK, the room was quite big (for a solo traveler like me), the bathroom was OK too (hot shower is available). The staffs were very friendly. I had a great time at this hotel although in a short time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank euginie182
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

The place is kinda what you would expect. My biggest complaint is that it was boring. There's no tables my the pool/near the bar or happy hour which the other hotels have. Try the Champlung Mas, just around the corner. Bigger rooms, away from the street and its noises, great little bar/pool.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank firsttimefiji

Travelers are raving about these Denpasar hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

On my third trip this year we were looking at making it cheap so we booked into wida which lasted 2 days due to staff robbing us. We went for dinner came home and the next day I went to get money out of the safe and $1400 had been taken from my wallet which had been in the safe the entire trip since arriving from the airport. Staff have masterkeys to the safe - this hotel is shocking and the staff were rude and horrible to me. This ruined my holiday I hope this never happens to anyone else.

• Stayed November 2010
4 Thank Munchen1990
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

I was aware of the poor review about this hotel but went ahead to book based on the recent better reviews. That was the biggest mistake of my trip. All the bad reviews played themselves out in the 5 days of our stay.
1) The bathroom tiles have grim and are obviously unscrubbed for a long time
2) The toilet bowl have stains on them and toilet seats have yellow spots.
3) The "White" bath towels are gray and have yellow spots on them
4) The bedsheets have obvious stains on them
5) We asked for more towels as we are travelling with a child but was flatly refused.
6) Ants started to appear on our second night of stay and began attacking un-opened packets of biscuits we have. The ants are really agressive and are crawling all over our luggage even when there isn't any food in there.
7) The floor is dusty and oily and have not been mopped properly, We asked the hotel staff to clean the floors before we left for sight seeing but when we return at night the room is cleaned but the floors are still dirty. When we ask for room change they claim no room was available. We had to supervise the staff and make sure they sweep and mop the floors right in front of our eyes. Only after this, the floors are tolerable.
8) Aircon thermostat is broken and temperature will rise in the middle of the night. 2 out of the nights there, I woke up sweating feeling extreemly hot even when the aircon was set to 21 degrees celcius.
9) Even when the hotel is not facing the roads, we can still hear traffic noise especially at night.
10) Rooms have windows facing the corridors and have bad sound insulation. We were woken up a few nights by neighbours returning from late night drinking sessions and chit chatting along the corridors.
11) Pillows are so flat and worn out that it gave me a neck ache sleeping on them.

Other than the 11 bad points, the hotel is otherwise value for money, very near the beach, shopping and eating places in Kuta. The design of the pool and fixtures are done very well and look good in pictures. If you really have to stay in this hotel, just remember to bring your own towels, pillow, bed sheet, room slippers. And beware of ants.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

Some previous reviewers were obviously unaware of the meaning of "3 star hotel". The Wida is well located, well serviced and excellent value for money. The rooms are acceptable albeit not large and certainly the bathrooms could do with a redo as they are not dirty but are a little old. The pool area is beautiful and above all quiet and relaxing. The breakfast was very good with fresh juices and fresh products. Staff were good.
All in all you could not ask for much better for the rate you pay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
newcastle australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

we stayed in june09, the staff are excellent, rooms are made up every day and were always clean, good showers, bathroom a touch small, bed was king size , we had a pool side room, pool is very good and clean, it is in the centre of the hotel, 5 min walk to beach, 2 minutes to garlic lane, its hidden off street straight opposite melasti markets,breakfast was limited but you can mix and match if you ask the cook he will show how to make local dishes,make sure you tip them all when leave though,it has just been done up and they are claiming 3 star rating, not a 3 star, a good 2 star, recommend the food from the restaurant very good, bit dearer than the street but good

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denpasar
Hotel Sanur Indah
#226 of 251 in Kuta
POP! Hotel Denpasar
POP! Hotel Denpasar
#86 of 138 in Denpasar

Been to Wida Hotel? Share your experiences!