“Don't do a Dupa dinner”
Review of Dupa - CLOSED

Dupa
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Dupa is a fresh new restaurant located in Jalan Drupadi Seminyak. It features all your favourites under one roof. These include icons such as Swich sandwiches that offers the best sandwiches and smoothies in Indonesia, Thai Corner with the best Thai Cuisine on the island and Baby Biku from the legendary Biku. Open from breakfast to dinner, Dupa is situated next to idyllic rice fields with great decor to enjoy and catch up with friends as there is something for everyone.
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

On reading the TA reviews, we were keen to try Dupa for a casual dinner. Big mistake! This is NOT a dinner spot but rather a breakfast/lunch spot as the three options only operate together then. At night, it is ONLY Thai Corner. We were the only two people there with six staff which makes you think we'd have good service. Wrong! They were too busy with their I-phones, joking with each other or getting their belongings to go home.
The order arrived wrong, the service was poor and the food was Food Court quality!
Perhaps they shouldn't open at night at all.
Needless to say, we won't be going back.
Helmelbourne

1  Thank helMelbourne
jasesyd, General Manager at Dupa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Our apologies for your visit. Dupa currently only offers Thai Corner for Dinner.

I will conduct a meeting with the team here at Dupa on your visit. Thank you for your feedback we value it. We will work on ensuring dinner service is the same level that is experienced for lunch. More Training on customer service has since been provided with the introduction of our new manager Yudhi.

We would like to offer you another opportunity if you come back to visit to Bali and can guarantee you to have the true Dupa experience.

Kind Regards,

Wayan J
Operational Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very good concept. I went there with my partner and we kept on ordering more and more different types of food when all I wanted was 1 sandwich. After eating my sandwich I decided to try the chicken cashew nut and had the Pav from Biku for dessert. What was nice was that we were still in the 'city' but were able to overlook the rice paddies. I will definitely return to this place.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had heard about Dupa, so my curiosity folded and decided that this was going to be the place that will fuel my body. The moment I walked in, it felt as if I chilled out two notches, the irony of finding a sense of calm in Seminyak: Listening to roots reggae, looking at the rice field and being surrounded by vibrant turquoise framed chairs made me feel as if I was on an island. All three food options are a hit in their respective areas, all of which are seemingly always full. If I had a bigger appetite, I would have started with a small appetizer from Thai Corner, then would continued with a chicken schnitzel burger from Swich, only to finish with the famed Biku desert(s). The burger and a smoothie was sufficient to satisfy the soul and the stomach. Will be back for sure, and probably would be there on a daily basis if it was nearer to my office. Five star without hesitation, where convenience meets reputable quality.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review. Our best one to date.

Our music playlist is a wide range of music and we are glad to hear you like our music as you enjoy the ambience Dupa offers in its surroundings. Something that we hope guests notice once they are enjoying there meals or desserts here.

We will work on opening one closer to your office on the near future:) In the meantime enjoy our delivery service if you are stuck in that office.

Kind Regards,

Wayan J
Operational manager

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Dupa is my new favourite place to eat in Bali. You have Thai Corner, Swich and Baby Biku all in one place! No more going to Thai Corner for lunch then having to leg it back to Biku for your pavlova or carrot cake hit (seriously- have your tried their cakes? AMAZING!!!)

The location is lovely- right on the rice paddies, and you'd think you were out in the middle of nowhere- it's so peaceful. Also- I love the decor (and I'm trying to get my hands on some of those cushions!!!)

So if you are looking for something a bit different- head to Dupa. You won't regret it!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

DUPA is the new place to be!baby biku,swich and thai corner all my favourite places under 1 roof-best pavlova&scones at baby biku,delicious tempe&tofu wrap&great swichsway smooties at swich and tasty pad sie eiw&fresh coconut water at Thai corner.it cannot get better than this!yummy food with beautiful rice paddies view.highly recommended!