“Nice hotel, micro-managed staff”
Review of b Hotel Bali & Spa

b Hotel Bali & Spa
Ranked #40 of 147 Hotels in Denpasar
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here for one night before my flight out of Bali. This hotel has a great location close to the airport, but not great if you want to be able to walk to shopping and/or restaurants. The room was very nice. The staff were overbearing and you can tell that it's because of the way they are managed. Everything was a 'procedure' and they would even tell you this. That being said, everyone was nice enough, but it was just frustrating at times.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
bhotelBali, General Manager at b Hotel Bali & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

DearLala60429
Greetings from b Hotel Bali.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us.
I was most concerned to learn of the staffs were overbearing and everything was “procedure” during your visit and I would like to sincerely apologize for the incovenience caused.. Taking the severity of your comment and experience in to consideration, I would like to invite you to contact me directly for further assistance and follow up. You can reach me on gm@bhotelbali.com

I look forward to reading from you soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel is very new, booked it because my destination was Ubud but has to stay one night in the city. Very strategically located - max 30 minutes from airport, on low traffic even in 20 minutes. There is no/little possivbility for a sidewalk so you need a taxi to go anywhere but this is cheap.

The room is clean with nice styling of the bathroom. The swimming pool is also very nice however on my second booking they had to repair it so it can't be used at that time. They did offer us a free bus trip to another hotel nearby to use their pool.

Staff is very friendly. The front-desk is a bit confusing because there were a lot of people and it wasn't always clear who is helping who.

Breakfast is not worth the money: we had a special offer of 23 Euro without breakfast and 46 with breakfast. That is a lot of money.. The a-la carte restaurant however is good, we had two dinners there and we were positively surprised by the quality.

What every modern hotel should do is offering smaller rooms with basic shower for people who have a late flight. For free to use within an hour or for a reasonable price, We asked for a late check-pout but it was only possible until 14.00. My flight leaves at 21.30 so there is a big gap.

I also booked a massage which is not held in a spa but rather in a wing with the same hotelrooms. Staff walked in and out the room so I wasn't feeling relax when having the 2 hrs massage. The masseuse did a great massage though.

Definitely will stay here again if staying in the City.

Room Tip: They offer poolside rooms which is a level below.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank g h
bhotelBali, General Manager at b Hotel Bali & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear g h,

a very warm greetings from b Hotel Bali .
Thank you so much for your review. It is good to know that you enjoy on every bites.
Location wise, b Hotel Bali actually relatively near to every interested places in Bali. Yes, it is not walking distance. However, we provide shuttle service (dropping off and pick up) to Kuta area three times daily.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our Breakfast package and Spa Room, we shall reevaluate it with the team accordingly.
Late check out is subject to availability, unfortunately during that period we running full house.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable comments and we will keep maintaining the service standardization, we are looking forward to welcome you back on your next vacation to Bali.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Comfortabel place, pleasant staff, very good breakfast buffet included. From/to the airport it's about 15-20 min. It's a bit out of the Kuta center, walkable to explore the area but you sometimes have to grab a taxi (outside) or take the free shuttle bus to Legian and Kuta Beach which runs 3 times per day. Can recommend the place. New, clean, spatious room. Wifi is available on certain spots, but in small area's. We had some music too close to our room, but they'll probably change that.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveller H,

Thank you for your time reviewing b Hotel Bali on your recent visit to Bali. I am glad that in overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am happy to inform you that we already done rectifying our missing WIFI connectivity and large parts of the hotel area by now in a satisfying condition

I am looking forward welcoming you back to b Hotel Bali .

Kindest Regards

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed in Bali for four night to do business. The B Hotel was in the best location for all the business people to come and see me. I was in a quite location no traffic no noise. Only 10 minutes from Kuta. I had a 5 star service for very little money. All the staff where nice and made you feel welcome. The room where perfectly clean I enjoyed my short stay. I will use the B Hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
bhotelBali, General Manager at b Hotel Bali & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Nick P,
Thank you for your very positive review on b Hotel Bali.
Your comments will be posted on the staff notice board to make them proud that they have been rewarded by the most valuable thing: your comment.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you are absolutely correct that b Hotel Bali is the best location for business and for leisure as well.
Anytime you plan to visit Bali, please do let us know. We will make your trip a memorable one.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Surfed the Net and found a good deal for a 5 night stay at this new Hotel. A little out of Kuta Town and set well back from the main road there is absolutely no Night Club or traffic noise. Room was very comfy with all the usual mod cons eg. Safety Box, Tea/Coffee, Fridge, clean bathroom with towels to spare. Breakfast is quite the best I have seen with ALL tastes provided for. Pool and Pool Bar are nice for relaxing as is the Restaurant/Bar area though my friend had to find a good spot for the WiFi. Very disappointed not to find Spirits and Liqueurs available in the Bar we were told this was "in hand" but still a nightcap would have been nice. Decor is still "growing" as the planters at each side of the reception and Restaurant areas will look well in time. The hanging basket seats in Reception were a good idea and well used. Reception staff were excellent once they conquered their nervousness extremely friendly and helpful. This new hotel is very bright, spotless and cool - some of the staff were obviously new and nervous but when relaxed they gave excellent service. A nice touch was being able to have a relaxing conversation with upper and senior management about their short history and future plans etc without them seeming to want to be somewhere else. I would most definitely return again as the staff showed they have time for you and their ever present smiles were quite infectious.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
bhotelBali, General Manager at b Hotel Bali & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Sand-Dancer,

Warmest Greeting from b Hotel - Bali
thank you for taking your time to share your pleasant stay at our hotel, and it was the first time you stayed with us.
It is with true pleasure to read that you enjoyed the room, service, cleanliness, breakfast, the pool and the hanging basket swing during your stay.
We pass your comment to our team members so they are aware of the guest impression of the hotel, as it will assist them in carrying out their duties more effectively.

I am happy to inform you that we are in progress rectifying our missing WIFI connectivity and large parts of the hotel are by now in a satisfying condition in this matter.
We will complete the remaining rooms in due time.
On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back to b Hotel Bali.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed one night at b hotel Bali in Denpasar in January and it was wonderful. The room was great, the bed very comfy and the outlook onto the pool very relaxing. The staff and manager could not have been better and made our stay very special. You are made to feel as if you are the only visitors. A courtesy bus took us to Kuta and return for a quick look. The meals good and the variety at breakfast would satisfy the fussiest eater. I highly recommend this hotel for a stopover or longer visit and will stay if in Denpasar again. Thanks B Hotel, Steve

Room Tip: Get a room by the pool if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
bhotelBali, General Manager at b Hotel Bali & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Stevesherry,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience at b Hotel Bali. It is truly rewarding to hear that you enjoyed the unpretentious and friendly service delivered by our staff, the pool and the buffet breakfast. We are indeed very glad to read that you loved every aspect of your room be it the comfy bed and the outlook to the pool. The team was also very happy to learn that they were able to make your most important holiday an extraordinary one and thank you for recommending us to others.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

While the hotel is new and decent, this was the worst experience I have had with customer service in a hotel ever!

Upon arrival, smoking room as requested had not been done, so offered me non-smoking which had a fine for smoking.
Agreed to have smoking room ready by the time I would be back from the beach.
Returned about 4 hours later only to be made to wait 2 more hours before finally got my room!
Clearly nothing had been done

The next night (New years eve) came back to the room at around 4 AM only to find the fuse was tripping and the power in the room would not work
The engineer spent 2 hours trying to repair without any success and finally made me move rooms at 6 AM.
Ruined whatever sleep I could have had that night

Most of the staff could not speak adequate English
Hotel is far from the beach also.

Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denpasar
The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel
Fontana Hotel Bali
Fontana Hotel Bali
#36 of 251 in Kuta
Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center

Been to b Hotel Bali & Spa? Share your experiences!