“Lovely Villas”

Villa Sahaja
Ranked #24 of 236 Specialty Lodging in Denpasar
“Lovely Villas”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed for a week (husband two kids) and really enjoyed these villas . The layout is great bathrooms are awesome and open layout of the living areas is just perfect. We spent a great deal of time in the pool which which the kids especially loved.The location was pretty good ,in a fairly quite part of Umalas,close to minimarts ,laundrys massage places and a short cab or scooter ride into Seminyak or Kuta.The gardens are beautifully maintained every day by a lovely man and Gama the manager is very sweet and obliging. Some off the outdoor decking is in pretty bad shape ( we stayed villa 4) and needs urgent attention .I also thought the breakfast that came with our package was pretty average .The kids 8 and 13 were up at six swimming by the time the lovely ladies came and cooked it 8.30-9 they were starving we bought cereal and bread etc to tide them over,the breaky was also very basic and small. Perhaps a better idea would be to provide a selection of cereals eggs bacon fruit etc and you could make your own whenever you're ready .Other than that we had a great stay and I would recommend these Villas without the breakfast.

Room Tip: All Villas are the same although 4may be a bit more private as it is at the end
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Yvette C

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sydney
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My family and I enjoyed 5 lovely nights in villa one. The villa is awesome, very impressive with a full kitchen and living area. Beautiful decor and quality fittings. The staff cooked up a great breakfast every morning in the villa. I would have to say the villa is more suited to two couples than a family as the bedrooms are situated on separated sides of the compound and had to watch out for our daughter walking past the pool to our bedroom everyday. We didn't use the roof top sun lounges as didn't want to encourage our daughter to use the spiral staircase. Of course the pool was lovely for a daily swim and a real feature. Bathrooms were huge and enjoyed the outdoor shower. Just a few remarks to improve the guest's stay.... We had several blackouts the first night and some candles would be helpful. Even to invest in generators for the villas would be a real asset. Secondly guests could really use a hotel business card to direct taxi drives to where you're staying. The villa is situated 10-15 min for Seminyak. I ended up writing the hotel details on a piece of paper to direct the drivers, no hassle but a business card would be better. Also better communication as to how to order room service as there were no instructions in the guest book, I sent Gama an email though no one ever turned up to take her order. The next day we realised if you want to order food for dinner you have to inform the housekeeping girls.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay but just a few tweaks would make it even better!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Annalisa M
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My friends and I stayed in Villa 4 for 7 nights. The villa looked exactly like the photos, is well kept and clean. The private pool was bliss and the couches (on the rooftop and living room) were very spacious and comfortable! The staff were so lovely and cooked us breakfast that filled our tummies (main dish + fruits + coffee + juice). The aircon wasn't very cold but was sufficient enough. The bathrooms were lovely with a great showerhead. There is always security at the front which made it feel much more safe. Taxi drivers all knew the street the villa was located which made things very easy. Try to get taxis that go by meter (Blue Bird and Ngurah Rai) because alot of drivers will try to charge you 100,000IDR to Seminyak! There are 2 mini marts just a 2 minute walk away. This villa makes you want to stay indoors to relax all day! Gama responded to emails and made things easier. Definately worth staying at this villa.

Room Tip: Villa 4 is located right at the end - more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Lovely 2 bedroom, central living area villa in heart of Umalas. Well appointed rooms with large en-suites are very comfortable and each 2 bed villa comes with a fully equipped kitchen. Excellent use of space and good size private pools in each villa will have us coming back again. Location is in the heart of Umalas, 5-10 minutes by moped to Petitenget and Seminyak and their associated bars, restaurants and shops. All in all, an excellent choice of villa. I do have however, three major criticisms. Firstly that the included breakfast is a “timed” affair, meaning you arrange what time you want breakfast the day before. We’ve had this before and when on holiday, I like to be able to just go with the flow without thinking about when I need to wake up etc. so if you are like me, it would be better to be able to do it ad hoc and be able to order when you wake up. That said, the second criticism is that breakfast is VERY average and in reality after experiencing it for 3 days, we chose to get breakfast out for the rest of the time which had the added benefit of negating the timing issues. I’ve been coming to Bali for over 20 years and have stayed in places ranging from 2 USD to 1500 USD per night (blame inflation!) and this is easily the worst breakfast I’ve had. Despite the wide range of choices, all that we tried are pretty dire including the local banana pancake and mie/nasi goreng (fried noodles/rice) options. If they can’t get the local stuff right, I don’t hold out much hope for the rest of the menu. Not the fault of the lovely ladies who serve it mind you, but the management needs to get on to this. It seems everything bar the scrambled eggs are pre cooked, likely the night before, and reheated in the microwave on arrival. Ever tried to reheat a banana pancake? Don’t. Overall, this is no biggie as there are loads of great cafes to get a good, cheap breakfast and espresso just minutes away. But why build it into the cost if it’s not good? Final gripe and this is a big one. The rooms, whilst well appointed and large, have been fitted with woefully small air conditioners. They are simply not up to the task. We ran ours 24/7 at full power, max coldness and even had the engineer in to make sure that the gas levels were sufficient and there were no leaks. Still they didn’t bring the temp down to an acceptable level. I’m lying here on the bed writing this on our last night with no sheets etc and it’s still too hot. Please management team, implore your owners to upgrade the a/c’s for a minimal cost. For the spaces you are trying to cool you easily need 2hp units.

In summary, a great little find in a fantastic location. Excellent, contained private villa with large bed and bathrooms, huge living area and full installed kitchen. Wonderful swimming pool, enclosed landscaped garden and roof top terraces. To add on top, lovely, discreet and helpful staff. Will definitely consider a return journey, once they change the a/c’s!

Room Tip: All 4 villas are the same
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jono23
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed in a 2brm villa and i would not have changed a single thing. Nothing was too much trouble for Gama and his staff.. our every wish was their command. They even fulfilled our email request to have a cold case of beer and some soft drink in our fridge on arrival.
A short drive from Seminyak ($2 AUD) - Villa staff will order you a taxi at any time. Very efficient and very helpful.
There is a mini-mart about 50m up the road.
The villa itself is amazingly clean and well presented. I wish I lived there.
Now the pool.... AMAZING! There is no other way to describe it. I swam for at least 5 hours a day and at all times the pool was clean, and sparkling. Comfy daybed is by the pool and another on the rooftop, made for perfect relaxation.
Gama and his team should be very proud of Villa Sahaja. Their hard work and dedication will ensure I will be back. See you in September Gama :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Tam T
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Villa Sahaja was a great villa to stay at in Bali. Umalas is a $2 aud drive away from Seminyak. Very nice and relaxing. The villas are very nice and the pools and perfect to cool off in. The staff and security are very accommodating. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting bali.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DGerous
Torquay, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with two friends February 2013 for 5 nights and absolutely loved it. I have been meaning to write a review and just got around to signing up and immediately went here to write an amazing review.

First off, the place is absolutely amazing! Two huge rooms, open air living room/kitchen. We really felt like it was 5 star! To be honest we were not expecting that nice. We had breakfast cooked for us every morning and massages when we liked. The place was not to far from Seminiyak and very easy to get too, by taxi. They even had a fruit basket upon arrival with native fruit!

Then there is the staff!! I don't know what to say other than, I LOVE THEM! I have never been treated so nice by staff in my entire life and I have traveled a lot. Gamma, was so lovely and gave us lots of tips. The cleaning staff, were so beautiful and helpful as well. We loved them so much we had them all over for cake for my birthday, which Gamma and the staff gave me on my that morning! It was my friend's birthday the next day and they gave her a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I cannot express into words on how much I highly recommend this place! It is reasonable priced too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katyberrr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denpasar
Pandawa All Suite Hotel
#24 of 202 in Kuta
Sahaja Sawah Resort
Sahaja Sawah Resort
#1 of 1 in Tegal Mengkeb

Been to Villa Sahaja? Share your experiences!