“You have to stay here!!”
Review of Villa Sahaja

Villa Sahaja
Ranked #30 of 250 Specialty Lodging in Denpasar
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with two friends February 2013 for 5 nights and absolutely loved it. I have been meaning to write a review and just got around to signing up and immediately went here to write an amazing review.

First off, the place is absolutely amazing! Two huge rooms, open air living room/kitchen. We really felt like it was 5 star! To be honest we were not expecting that nice. We had breakfast cooked for us every morning and massages when we liked. The place was not to far from Seminiyak and very easy to get too, by taxi. They even had a fruit basket upon arrival with native fruit!

Then there is the staff!! I don't know what to say other than, I LOVE THEM! I have never been treated so nice by staff in my entire life and I have traveled a lot. Gamma, was so lovely and gave us lots of tips. The cleaning staff, were so beautiful and helpful as well. We loved them so much we had them all over for cake for my birthday, which Gamma and the staff gave me on my that morning! It was my friend's birthday the next day and they gave her a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I cannot express into words on how much I highly recommend this place! It is reasonable priced too!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katyberrr

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed 7 nights at this villa in September 2013. We were picked up at the airport by a delightful Balinese driver named Ketut Sandy. We arrived very late at night and our first impression was lovely. We had a welcoming drink and Ketut showed us around.
Positives:
1. The villa is surrounded by a wall with a heavy wooden lockable entrance door and beautiful well kept tropical garden beds within the villa and quiet surroundings. You can hear motor bikes wizzing past but they are not disturbing and they certainly didnt disturb any sleep. There is also a security guard on site at all times - however probably not the type you are used to seeing in Australia
2. Large bathroom with a quaint open roofed shower with good water pressure. This impressed me
3. Electric mosquito repellant in bedroom, spray and personal mosquito repellant was also supplied
4. Mobile phone with small credit supplied - you can top up as required - we did not need to use it but it was appreciated
5. Comfortable bed, flat screen TV in bedroom, air conditioner quiet
6. Lovely staff and very helpful. Gamma delightful and he heard we we not impressed with the dinner we received from the Vila menu, he apologised and the next day provided us with a free lunch of our choice from the menu
7. Private pool which we loved just outside our bedroom!
8. Bottled water replenished as needed and ice made from bottle water in the freezer
Negatives
1. A bit tired and needs a bit of a scrub, the sun bed needs a good paint job
2. Towels were old and we could see stains. I would bring your own towels if staying here
3. The cushion covers on the lounge and chairs need a good wash
4. Shopping, markets or a beach are not within walking distance. Very few restaurants close by However a taxi will only cost you a couple of dollars to get there and the security guard will call a taxi for you. There is a Mmart 2 minutes walk away but not much there I would suggest you stock up at a supermarket like Hardys.

Room Tip: I would choose Villa 2 as the wall around the villa is much higher and adds to better security
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adele01
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Second time we've stayed here and once again had a great time, the best place for R&R!! peaceful, great staff, everything arranged you want, just ask!
even have all live Sports from around the world on the rooms, so being able to watch the NRL live was Plus I wasn't expecting.. Just wake up and walk 1 meter to the Pool!

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same!. Big, nice!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent a week here with a group of friends. The Villas are located in a quieter part of town but still only a short cab ride away from the action. There were a few stores and hidden cafes within walking distance.
The Villas themselves were lovely. Great fully stocked kitchen, couches, great sized pool. Would have liked 2 more pool chairs as it sleeps 4 people but the day bed was the perfect place to have an afternoon nap. Outdoor bathrooms create great ambiance but cold get a bit chilly if the weather became windy.
Unfortunately the Breakfast ,which was cooked in our villa, was cold every morning and often we were not asked what we wanted for breakfast we were all given the same meal. Thank goodness we had a microwave!
The standards of the service at these Villas is not what I was expecting and was not at the standard of other similar places that I have stayed. We will probably try somewhere different next time we travel to bali.
Gamma was helpful and lovely.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kateshep
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I and son and girlfriend recently spent a week in this delightful villa. It is off the tourist track by just a bit and the peace and quiet is delightful. Gamma is a charming host who goes out of his way to look after guests. Breakfast each day was hot and fresh, cooked in our villa by two local ladies. The villa was well appointed and the private swimming pool clean and refreshing. We had a lovely time and would happily return.

Room Tip: We were in Villa 4 so had additional privacy and peace. Highly recommend booking this one.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Susan B
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here recently with my partner and another couple and had an absolutely incredible week. Gamma (the manager) is lovely and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. We had a delicious brekkie brought to our villa every morning and ordered dinner from the Sahaja menu twice, it was awesome food that seems to just appear from nowhere, delivered hot to your dinner table!

The villa is beautifully furnished with a full kitchen, flat screen tv's and beautiful decor. The private pool in each villa is also a huge plus and great to cool off in after a long day of shopping!
Villa Sahaja is out of the hustle and bustle of Seminyak and Kuta, but just a short cab ride to still go in for shopping, dinner or drinks every day/night.

All in all, a wonderful villa with excellent staff and facilities!

Room Tip: Only four villas on the property and from what we saw all are virtually identical. We stayed in Vill...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have just returned form 7 nights at Villa Sahaja.We stayed in villa 4,but they are all as beautiful as each other.2 bedrooms are gigantic in proportions,as are the open air bathrooms.The living areas are open on all sides,with the pool just steps from the lounge.
The manager Gamma and all the staff are helpful and friendly. This place is excellent and we would love to go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rockthekasbah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denpasar
Peppers Seminyak
#22 of 207 in Kuta
Mahagiri Villas
Mahagiri Villas
#1 of 145 in Sanur

Been to Villa Sahaja? Share your experiences!