“Not worth the trip”

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you like Big W (Australian chain) you'll love this place. No offence to Big W, as I sometimes shop there myself.The quality of the clothing at Ramayana is poor even though it is cheap. The sizes are small, I'm an average size 12 women's but most sizes are 10 or below and forget it if you are a 6ft tall man. The other fare on offer is just all cheap quality merchandise that you can find in discount stores around the world. It's not really worth the trip to Denpasar as the prices are the same in other shops in the tourist areas. Had a walk and look around Denpasar before going to the Ramayana but that's another story.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank fizzles

• Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Shopping”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just had a wee shopping trip to check out the store. Thought it might sell similar stuff as the markets in Kuta but it didn't. Got my son a few nice polo shirts for $7 and a DVD player for $15. My hubby got some memory cards a lot cheaper than Perth and some other iPhone connections at a good price. Handbags n stuff about $50 plus so no bargains there. Good to see but probably not worth the trip better to shop round Kuta strip, I think. Had nice Nasi goreng lunch for $1.50 on top floor if u don't mind sharing with some cockroaches ( just the small ones)!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank FionaTinoz
Rotorua, New Zealand
288 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 258 helpful votes
“Great place to shop”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We haven't been to Ramayana for a few years, but as perusual we came out with a few bags of bargains. Shoes, clothes etc - there is always a large selection, compared to what we have at home in NZ. Took friends for the first time, she really did some shopping! It's great these places are open in the evening as you can spend day by pool or beach and then come shopping at night. We generally get a driver and go around several of the shopping malls for a few hours.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Strickes
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hardy's on steroids”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you have ever been to Hardy's in Sanur, this is like Hardy's on steroids. It was like Matahari's but at a third of the price. A lot of the stuff is cheap and some of it is nasty, but I picked up some really awesome stuff for the kids here for super cheap prices, and the shoes here are really good. I wish I'd found this place earlier, we didn't find it til an hour before it closed on our last night in Bali. I bought as much as I could, but still ran out of time. They are especially good for kids clothes. There are four levels and I only made it to three of them, but there is also some food outlets on the bottom floor where you can eat. Very crowded, very popular with locals and tourists alike. Definitely recommend. I personally never found any "bad copies" of anything, but I found that the quality of the stuff I bought was similar to Matahari's. We'll go back again.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank MeshaDez
Perth
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Worst shopping ever”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went here in November 2012 and it was just such a waste of time. Several floors of piles of bad copies (not Billabong, it was Balihong or Enspit instead of Esprit). Bad quality and that particular muggy smell things get in Bali.

It reminds me of a bad outlet market with baskets of seconds where the labels and prints have gone wrong.

Thought this could be a place to make a find based on other Tripadvisor reviews but it was just so bad.

Visited November 2012