“Excellent Tour Guides”

Sila's Bali Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #40 of 910 Tours in Denpasar
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join the fun with Sila & Team as we take you on an unforgettable journey of beautiful Bali. We will venture off the beaten track and show you the best to do & to see in Bali. Wonderful experience that will stay with you forever.
Aberdeen , United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour Guides”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I booked airport transfers and a private tour via email in advance of our trip. Sila was vey helpful throughout. The drivers we had were very helpful and most accommodating throughout.

2 Thank TomasK81

Makati, Philippines
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Trusted Guide ...... has never disappointed ...”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The first time I used Eka was as a result of a recommendation from a company colleague so I was not sure what to expect. While we provided some initial ideas he set out a program for the day which was excellent and took into consideration my 6 year old son.

On my recent trip to Bali I used him again but this time giving him an open page. The result was again excellent - we enjoyed the day very much. He is extremely personable which helps when you are zipping along the roads in Bali on route to the next interesting place.

I have only had excellent experience with this individual and his associated drivers.

2 Thank MSD_Smith
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am just wrapping up my trip in Bali and, thanks to Eka and Sila's Bali Tours, It was very memorable. I only had a few days to photograph various areas and other than the horrible Bali traffic, Eka made sure I went to all the spots I asked, plus a couple of areas that are not so "touristy". He was friendly and knowledgeable. Thoroughly enjoyed his company and would recommend him to anyone heading to Bali.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank stemur66
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 218 helpful votes
“Packed with ideas but lack thoughtfulness”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had initially planned for 2 days of tour with Sila's Bali Tours and were delighted to have Eka as our driver (he was highly recommended from the various positive reviews). The first half of the trip was for Uluwatu,Tanah Lot and Jimbaran Bay Seafood. I find it quite taxing to be doing homework as to where to go and how to fill in the time so I kept asking the driver and guide how should we be planning the route (esp for the second day since we wanted Lake Batur, terraced rice fields and Ubud). The traffic conditions in Bali are horrible and a lot of time was wasted on the jam instead of bring somewhere. The guide was thoughtful to suggest various activities but I find it a little pushy at times. When I wasn't feeling too up to it, he was still suggesting to go ahead with the activities of seafood and getting up for early morning dance shows at 830am. The trip up to Uluwatu was winding and the air-con car wasn't really well. It was more of a fan blowing at you for 2 hours. I was getting nausea and car-sick from the heat and stuffy car so I wanted to head back to hotel after Uluwatu. When we were stuck in traffic, the guide was constantly pushing for seafood dinner. I wanted to throw up already and there he was still talking about seafood!In the end, we called off the 2nd day as I can't take the car ride up another winding mountain to see the volcanic lake. You can pass by and see terraced rice fields on your way up to Tanah Lot so it's not necessary to go all the way out to see them again. That leaves us with Ubud for shopping which we can do on our own. It wasn't necessary to hire a driver and guide for 80USD a day just to bring us to Ubud to shop. We also went to Jimbaran Bay ourselves and had seafood dinner too. The taxi ride costed us 20,000rupiah all-round. We gave the dance a miss since we had to pay for it either way. So paying 80USD to have someone drive you around for a day was a waste of money to us. Their response was quick via email. I didn't have cold water like what the others claimed. In fact, I had to go buy water then I was told he has water at the back but it's not cold. I do think as a guide, they should have more things on hand to cater for the tourists during emergencies. There was a lack of care when I got sick and we had to push on despite me having a bad headache. This was supposed to be free and easy but the pushy attitudes got me really thinking about what free and easy meant.The constant pushing to go for an additional area or performance or visit made us really uncomfortable. All in all, we won't say that it was impressive like what was described by others.

1 Thank Ms_1226
baliwithsila, Owner at Sila's Bali Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Ms_1226,
Thank you for the review that you wrote.
It's very helpful for us as a reference to improve our service in future.
Please apologize for your uncomfortable holiday with us.
I just cross check to our driver Eka, who serve you on that date, however we need to clarify some:
*our package rate is 30 US$ per person included transport for the day and entrance ticket except the dance performance as we informed clearly previously. so it is not 80$ as you wrote for two of you.
*Regarding Jimbaran seafood dinner since this is included in the tour route that's why our driver Eka asking you because he don't want you to miss it, although you canceled it because you said you got car sick. and also canceled the second day tour with the same reason.
*as for the traffic condition, nothing much we can do.
*our vehicles is regularly checked by authorized mechanic especially the AC, which is very important for this kind of weather.
*regarding the taxi ride fee, I don't know how you can get that cheap. event the meter taxi by blue bird will cost more than 20.000 Rp ( about 2 US$ ) for the round trip from Seminyak to Jimbaran included waiting till after dinner.

Please apologize once again and thank you for the review.

***Eka would like to say thank you to you for the big tip you gave to him at the end of the tour.

Best,
Sila's Bali Tours
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good experience”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We only had time for a half day tour (only 5 hours), so we can't really comment on the quality of the tour as we didn't have time to venture away from Nusa Dua or the airport (where we picked up my family).

Our driver was Kumar, who was rather quiet. Most of the other reviews here talk about other drivers being friendly and knowledgeable, but perhaps Kumar was lacking confidence in his English? That was fine with us though, as he did try his best to answer our questions =)

The best thing about Kumar was that he was very polite, helpful and patient. Even though we exceeded the 5 hours we were allocated, he never complained at all, nor did he keep quoting us prices to remind us about how much we owe him (as other drivers did). He just drove us wherever we needed and waited patiently for us, making us feel very comfortable to be working with him. Obviously, at the end of the day, we gave him a big tip for all the extra time he had put in.

Overall, it was a good experience and we will certainly work with Sila's Bali Tours when we are back in Bali! =)

2 Thank tamtam x