“Functional hotel in the middle of a busy busy road”

Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta
Ranked #47 of 142 Hotels in Denpasar
Singapore, Singapore
“Functional hotel in the middle of a busy busy road”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Spent two nights here thanks to a misundersood recommendation. Rooms are practically designed, breakfast is ok.

There is almost nothing within short stroll from here except a seafood restaurant and some convenience stores.

Witnessed quite a few large tour groups check in. I guess it's good place to just crash for the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Harvestland, Manager at Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Vasdev,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Mercure Harvestland is in close proximity to Bali Airport and to Benoa Harbour - but is located on a very busy road. The welcome was great and check in was straightforward - however - be aware that this hotel is virtually alongside a mosque and the 5 am call to prayer is extremely loud. I wear ear plugs to sleep - and it still woke me. In addition, the sheets were stained (although washed) and the 'transport' desk in the foyer attempted to gouge us for 4 times the price for a trip to the airport (100,000 IDR) that we eventually got for 25,000 IDR by booking a Bluebird metered taxi. They also quoted 500,000 IDR for a day trip that we ended up paying 300,000 IDR by using a taxi and bargaining for the day. Lastly, checking out was not easy. Despite 3 staff being on the desk (only one of whom was occupied) - we were told to sit down and wait. While we waited we noticed that other people were approaching the desk and being served, and eventually had to queue up again. We had apparently been forgotten.

Having said all of that - the rooms were comfortable - although I could smell cigarette smoke during the night (being filtered into the room via the a/c) and the price at A$65 was definitely cheap enough. Also- the food we ordered from room service (spring rolls and nasi goreng) was outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room and on the other side of the building from the mosque
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

we recently had to stay at this hotel as our flight home from bali was cancelled we were put up in this hotel by garuda airlines. sometimes things happen and flights have to be cancelled so we were ok about this but when we got to this hotel for our overnight stay we were greated by the staff which were fine but the hotel was very stuffy and the room was dirty after entering the bathroom there were cockroaches on the basin and on the floor. we then went down stairs to have our dinner the food was average and the bingtangs were $4.50 for a small bottle what a joke. on returning to the room i had cockroaches climbing on my luggage would not recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: dont choose any room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Harvestland, Manager at Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Lindac_10,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is quite close to the airport and they can pick you up for around $US 10. The hotel didnt seem to have a security gate or personnel and I was disappointed that they didnt give me a room upgrade as I am an Accor Gold member, said no rooms were available but they were available if I was willing to pay for an upgrade, disappointing. However I would stay at this hotel again as the rooms were nice with LCD TV, cable TV, very good, friendly and fast service throughout the hotel, rooms were secure and its proximity to the airport is good for transit requirements. The hotel is also reasonably close to good shopping mall but not within walking distance to Kuta area. The price for the room was good and although I didnt try it the breakfast starts at 6 am which may suit people who have early flights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Harvestland, Manager at Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear SusanneIndonesia

Thank you for staying in Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta . We do apologize we not able to upgrade you to next category room due to unavailable room on that period. We will ensure you that we are upgrading your room on visit to Mercure Harvestland in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Island of The Gods.

Best regards,
Jakarta
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've visited this Hotel on April 15th, 2013. We experienced poor service since we entered the hotel. When we checked-in and stand in the front office, they told us to had a sit first. Turned out, they did that because they would like to served the flight attendants who came after we arrived. After we checked-in, we walked into the room, and when we opened the door, the terrible smell of cigarette welcomed us. This is not the first time we stay at the hotel. And we quite know, even for a smoking room, the room smell/stink shouldn't be like that. I asked the front office to change our room. The next morning, when we had breakfast at 9AM, i asked for the sausage, it's very common menu on 3-4 star hotel, and the waiter said that sausage was ran out and they had no stock. I grabbed toast, and ask the waiter for butter, he said it ran out as well, and they had no stock. My fiance ask the waiter to take some butter from the kitchen, because it didnt make sense, in the restaurant with kitchen, they have no stock of butter. And later on the waiter picked up butter from the kitchen. The waiter is joking around with them self in front of the breakfasting guests. Finally the waiter clean up our table, and i was replying email on my mobile that time when he said "Tolong piringnya dong / hand me the plate" because he was on the other side of table and couldnt reach my plate. What? Where was his manner? Asked guest like that? With unproper language? Anyway, this is my first and last visit the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Ade S
Dear Ade S,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

1. When i was arrive i directly went to the check in counter, not long after that there were several air crew came and the reception team told me to move away and wait to give a space for the air crew to check in and in the end they enter their room faster than i am who came first. I believe the air crew was their corporate client but didn't mean they can tell others to just wait and precede the air crew.
2. The moment i opened my room, smell of smoke were very terrible so that i'm asking another room
3. I went down for breakfast about 9am while the breakfast time until 10 or 10.30am, and it's so disappointing that they already ran out of sausages and butter for bread. The table did't set with cutlery while the waiter already saw where i sat. I have to ask them for the cutlery. Instead of asking what i need, the waiter choose to stand and had a chat with his friend.
4. When the waiter need to clean up the table, he even ask us un-politely to help him while actually he can turn over to take the plate by himself. I don't mind with helping waiter but at least he asked nicely.

For me, for such branded chain hotel like this, i expected better and too bad the hotel services ruined down the brand name.

The things that quit good is the room design

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank aprilia_mitra
Dear Aprilia_Mitra,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel was nice, rooms were very clean, airconditioner works very well, staff are friendly. The resturaunt serves nice food including traditional balinese dishes and western meals also. Decent sized pool. The only down side to this hotel is location, due to roadworks on the main road the hotel is situated on it took up to an hour and a half to get back to the hotel by taxi from Kuta main street, no problems getting into Kuta from hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Harvestland, Manager at Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Natties23,

Greetings from Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta and thank you for sharing your comment on the Tripadvisor. com.

We are happy to read that you had a pleasant enjoyble stay with us at Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta and enjoy our hotel facities and services.
It is really pleasing and motivating for us to receive such compliment from our valued guests and we are glad that you are satisfied with every effort that we make here at Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta.

Once again thank you very much for residing our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Sincerely yours,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denpasar
Mercure Kuta Bali
Mercure Bali Legian
Mercure Bali Legian
#26 of 87 in Legian
Sanur Paradise Plaza Hotel

Been to Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta? Share your experiences!