“The best guide choice you'll make when visiting Bali”

Gede Mahayuna - Bali Private Tour Guide and Driver
Ranked #49 of 1,080 Tours in Denpasar
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Private Tour Guide and Driver is managed and run by Nyoman Gede Mahayuna. Very highly Recommended Tour Guide and Driver in Bali awarded Certificate of Excellence in May 2011, 2012, and 2013
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I + two of our friends, visited Bali in May 2014. We were mostly set on chilling out (it was the last stop on our month-long trip around Asia) but also did not want to miss out on getting to know this beautiful island and its culture better whilst there.
I’ll say this: trips with Nyoman and Yogi (we booked two trips, one after another, not both in advance) were just that: Chilling out with super-nice people and at the same time learning a lot about culture, traditions and getting to see amazing locations. So impressed with both guys’ knowledge of the country, the history, its culture spirits(yes, you’ve heard it right!). I couldn’t praise them highly enough. Both Yogi and Nyoman are excellent drivers, too. making sure moving from one location to another and finding a parking space is as time efficient as possible. To sum up: a genuinely entertaining and educating experience tailored entirely to our needs with great guides and fantastic people. Five stars on all accounts.

All reviews
"tanah lot"
in 19 reviews
"monkey forest"
in 13 reviews
"excellent service"
in 11 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 3 reviews
in 9 reviews
"trips"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2014

After a private very generic expensive hotel organised tour which followed every other tour group I logged onto trip advisor for help and found this Fantastic Tour Company with good reviews. Based on the TA community reviews we called up and booked them for the following day to see as much of North East Bali as possible.
Yogi was our guide who we were very impressed with, very good English language and an amazing knowledge of not just the areas we visited but also the whole Balinese cultural history. He was very punctual and well presented. His vehicle was a modern people carrier with good A/C and mirrored windows which kept the heat out (much more comfortable than the previous 5* hotel tour). He was a very safe driver on the crazy roads. There was a good balance of showing us around, but then giving us our own space to look around. He had the answers to all of our many questions, and if not would find out the answer. We visited some of the larger attractions which were busy, but most of the time we were away from the main tourist routes seeing the "real" Bali. We had such a good day, so we booked Yogi again two days later to see more or the island. His two days of touring were the highlight of our trip to Bali.
We have recommended to friends already and though i would share with others looking for a private guide. We have very high standards and Yogi deserves the Excellent rating. I will upload a few photos too...

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was hoping to have the opportunity to visit a local healer or Shaman while visiting Bali, but did not know how to determine which one's were truly authentic. Finding Agung through Voyagin was a real gift from Spirit! I was able to arrange a date and time for Agung to meet me at my hotel through the website - Easy!

During the drive to our first stop Agung openly shared what he knew about Balinese spirituality, healers, and Shaman. He graciously answered all my questions in English and helped to translate when I was meeting with the healers.

I highly recommend you book a trip with Agung if you are wanting to meet Bali's local Shamans! My trip is not yet complete, but I already know this will be one of the highlights

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a great day exploring Tabanan and Bedugul with Agung! We started off at the Jatiluwih rice terraces, doing a short walk, followed by a delicious local lunch. We then stopped by the Candi Kuning market, Lake Bratan and drove to a view point for an amazing view of Lakes Buyan and Tamblingan. We ended the day with Bali's famous sunset at Tanah Lot. Agung was an excellent guide and driver who shared with us his Balinese culture. He was knowledgeable and it was a pleasure to have his company. He is not just merely a driver which you would get if you hire a cheaper "tour". Agung is a licensed guide, and proper guides will wear the traditional Balinese clothing and have a badge while non-licensed guides are in their ordinary clothing. This is a tour for those who enjoy scenery and Bali is beautiful! I would highly recommend Agung to guide you for this tour! Thank you Agung!!

2  Thank HappyJourneys12
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Nyoman was our guide on 2 separate occasions: 1) a drive from Sanur to Amed where he made wonderful stops along the way and 2) a day trip around Ubud and surrounding villages. During both trips he was very knowledgable and passionate about Balinese culture. He was a safe, cautious driver and the car was always cleaned and well air-conditioned. He was very attentive to our needs as well as the type of experience we wished to have. He always made sure we had water, and even offered his if necessary. He even brought sunscreen for me to use! We had a driver through our hotel one day, and so wished we had had Nyoman instead.

He was amazing and we'd recommend him to anyone traveling to Bali.