“An amazing Bali adventure!!!!!!!”

Gede Mahayuna - Bali Private Tour Guide and Driver
Ranked #49 of 1,080 Tours in Denpasar
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Private Tour Guide and Driver is managed and run by Nyoman Gede Mahayuna. Very highly Recommended Tour Guide and Driver in Bali awarded Certificate of Excellence in May 2011, 2012, and 2013
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My girl and I wanted to do more than just surf, walk the beach, and shop while in Bali. So we decided to really go out and see the amazing culture that Bali had waiting for us and we weren't disappointed. We met Nyoman and discussed what we would like to see and what we already saw. Nyoman was very adaptable to what we were looking for and knew exactly who to send to for fill our needs. He set us up with the best tour guide I've ever been with, Yogi Samkhya. He was so much fun and we learned a lot about Bali in the non-boring, tourist way. The Fun way!!! Thank you Nyoman and Yogi for are adventure. It was sooo much fun and I highly recommend them to anybody wanting a knowledgeable, great time!!!!

1  Thank AJGonzalez26
All reviews
"tanah lot"
in 19 reviews
"monkey forest"
in 13 reviews
"excellent service"
in 11 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 3 reviews
in 9 reviews
"trips"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My girlfriend and I booked with bali hike for a hike up Mt Batur to watch the sunrise about two weeks out, the driver from our hotel to the mountain was excellent with good local knowledge, and very friendly. Our guide up the mountain, Radia, was also very good, with knowledge of the volcanos history and the path we took up the volcano was the one less travelled, and therefore not so many other people. The volcano hike is an excellent activity and a must see when you are in Bali, and Bali hike seemed to do it very well!

1  Thank Mitchell W
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The day trip (World Heritage Tour) with Agung Johnny was the best part of my Bali trip and Agung the best tour guide ever.
He is knowledgeable about everything and so passionate about his culture and religion that you REALLY get the spirit. For my next Bali trip I will purely book him!
Also the price is absolutely unbeatable (the trips I booked with the hotel were 2-4 times as much).
When you are in Bali book your trips with balitoursprivate.com!!!!

1  Thank Insa W
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Based on good trip advisor reviews, my wife and I booked a private guide/driver for my first visit to Bali from this Company prior to arriving. The owner Mr.Nyoman emailed me promptly quoting the price for "guiding and driving by one of the expert guides in necessary Balinese dress " in a comfortable air conditioned vehicle. The names of the licensed guides viz Nyoman/Yogi/Agung Johnny were also mentioned in the email.

I accepted the quoted price and other terms. This is what we got:

1) Driver?Guide (?) - None of the above "experts" turned up! Mr Nyoman did not call or email us either. Instead, a very pleasant young man with limited English named Dwi turned up at our Hotel (St Regis) to take us around in a very small (Toyota Avanza) and less than clean car with someone's boarding pass/hotel confirmation dating back to February stuffed in the back seat pockets. It appeared from the tag hanging around the steering column ( I was sitting in the front seat) that the car was just rented. Driving around South Bali in this car was not what we could call " comfortable ".

2) Dwi - a wonderful chap who admitted that he was not a licensed guide but doing this part time apparently to pay for his University education. Apparently in Bali, licensed guides must wear a special "Traditional Dress and Head Gear" and Dwi not being a guide could not wear one escorting visitors. Mr Nyoman had engaged him to drive and " guide"us for the two days! Dwi was an excellent driver, very polite and eager to please. His knowledge of Balinese History was somewhat inadequate but he could tell us many stories about the Bali society which was very interesting. We liked Dwi and that was the only reason why we did not cancel the " private tour " on the second day, as our Hotel staff urged us to do.

However, I consider Mr Nyoman and Bali Private tours unreliable. We will return to the wonderful island of Bali with friends soon but will not consider doing business with Bali Private Tours. Buyers beware!

9  Thank Simonius
Gede_Mahayuna, Owner at Gede Mahayuna - Bali Private Tour Guide and Driver, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Valuable Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback. We apologize that we did not meet your expectation. We we always do our best to make sure that your trip to Bali memorable one. We alsways monitor the guide just to make sure that you are enjoying the trip with us.
Regarding your complain with the vehicle we drove during the tour when we guided you in Bali, it was the standard vehicle that mostly the agent drive for thier client in Bali. We drove double blowers air conditioned Toyota Avanza 2010. We considered that was enough only to acomodate two of you. We realised that you were staying at one of the most expesive hotels in Bali where they drive BMW to pick you up at the airport. Our service cost you 60 US$ / day. It means that we only can drive Toyota Avanza or Susuki AVP. Most of our client were happy with the vehicle we drive. The guide was young. He is 25 years old. We apologize that he did not meet your expectation. He need to learn more how to take care our Indian client. He is doing very well when he guide our westeners client and our Chinese client.
We really apriciated your feedback and still happy to provide you free charge of service if you ever visited Bali again.

Regards,

Nyoman Gede Mahayuna

See more reviews
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Contact Nyoman very last minute hoping to book a tour for the next day. Little did I know it would become the highlight of our trip. Nyoman was very helpful in outlining the itinerary for us. After getting to know our interests, he took us to exactly what we wanted to see in Bali. Having him drive us around made sightseeing so much more pleasurable and fun, as he know exactly which elephant sanctuary is the nicest, for example, and could tell us all about the history and culture of Bali. It was something we could never have done ourselves.

We toured the temples with his friend Agung, who was excellent in his knowledge of the religion and history of Bali. Having him explain the history behind the temples and rituals was crucial, as these sites are normally not very well-annotated and rituals are very rich and you would never know unless someone like Agung told you.

We highly recommend them to anyone traveling to Bali. Their rates are not the cheapest compared to other drivers, but the experience is truly worth it!