“Kind, Friendly & Knowledgeable”

The Bali Driver & Tour Guide
Full-Day Bali Sightseeing Tour to Bedugul with Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple
$59.00*
Ubud Cultural Day Tour: A Day for Balinese Cultural Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bali Driver is a professional and private transportation, driving and guiding services in Bali. The Bali Driver website is designed to get in touch with travelers visiting Bali, looking for a different way of traveling away from the hustle and bustle of commercialized tourism, bringing you directly to the roots of Bali Hindu culture, showing you the secrets and beauty of this island.
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Kind, Friendly & Knowledgeable”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My girlfriend found Didi's travel company online, through guess who? - tripadvisor.

We hired him for a full day from Seminyak that took us through Ubud, up to Batur (volcano) and finishing at Tanah Lot before coming home.

I found Didi incredibly knowledgeable about Bali - offering insights into Balinese culture, economics, tourism and, of course, the best Babi Gulung. He was also very kind. After I couldn't get money out of an ATM (because I didn't inform my bank where I was traveling - and they shut me down for security. Dumb mistake, on my part.) - Didi was the calmest one between us. While I panicked about how to pay him, he took it in stride, saying that he knew it would sort itself out. (Which it did. My girlfriend had more foresight than me, and warned her bank she'd be traveling so was able to get out money. Life lesson: surround yourself with people smarter than you)

I would highly recommend Didi as a tour guide if you want to see the island but also understand what you're looking at, and where you're passing through. We have two days left in our trip here in Bali, but until now, I'd say our trip with Didi ranks as our top experience so far.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Marc V

• Indonesian first
Newport Beach, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“BEST GUIDE HANDS DOWN!!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nina and I have had the pleasure to travel much of the world having gone to SE Asia three times, Europe a handful of times, all over Mexico/US, South America and so forth. On most of our trips we've arranged private guides enabling us to learn/see as much as possible in a short period of time. After all these trips and all our guides, Didi is the one who truly stands out as the gold standard and who we compare all guides to... nobody has lived up to him though. If you're considering a trip to Bali then there is honestly no reason to contact another guide as Didi is the most responsive, the most personable, the most educated and will become your best Balinese friend by the end of your trip. He is someone we would happily welcome into our home and would consider a trip back to Bali to spend more time with him in his magical country. Thank you for providing the most outstanding service and experience humanly possible on Bali Didi, it was truly appreciated. By the way, he's also a phenomenal photographer, which is sometimes hard to find in other guides, but such as asset!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank NBMatthew
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Enjoyable trip and great service (12th - 16th Nov 2012)”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We enjoy our 5 days 4 nights trip in Bali. Throughout the trip, we engaged Didi as our tour guide. Thanks for his patient, understanding for the big group like us. We have 6 adults and 5 children in the group. He mixed well with the children and the children like him very much. My daughter, 6 years old has just told me that she still miss Pak Didi even it is already a week back from Bali.

His prompt response to my email has impressed me in the first. He is a polite guy and good in the communication as well. Definitely would recommend his company to whoever travel to Bali!

Visited November 2012
India
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We booked 'The Bali Driver and Tour Guide' for 3 days. Our Tour Guide was Mr. Didi. Our experience with respect to punctuality, guiding us to the most amazing places within the time restriction we had was just unmatched. A person with good mannerisms, patience, awareness, helpfullness, proficiency in English, warmth. His skills were not only limited to being a tour guide but Mr. Didi turned out to be a great photographer as well. We learnt from him on his inclination towards photography and his work more than proved what he said. A multi talented person pursuing his interests and enjoying his work made our experience all the more fun! Thank You Mr. Didi for helping us have such an amazing tour!

Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Bali Experience Thanks to "thebalidriver.com"”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I highly recommend using Bali Driver services for your trip to Bali. I hired them for my airport transfers and 3 full days of touring. Putu was very responsive to all of my inquiries and requests when planning my trip, and communications were very clear. My driver and guide was Komang and he was great. He is very knowledgeable about Bali and the surrounding areas, was flexible and accommodating, and was fun and easy to be with. He even took me to see his home village, which was a really great experience. If you are looking for a reliable tour group in Bali, this is it.

Visited August 2012