“A big hotel .... can be brighter!”

Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #70 of 145 Hotels in Denpasar
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Mine was a business stay. Not a very good location from that perspective and quite far from the Kuta area if you want to spend the evening there, even when on business. I did not find the place very bright and cheerful. Had a very dull, sombre feel. This is something not expected in Bali. The breakfast selection was ok.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The hotel is extremley profesional and elegant .I was there just to stop over to get a early morning flight and spent a great day in the city and peacefull evening in the hotel last year in October.
Food was excellent , service inpeckable and I got a take away breakfast as I had a early flight .
Its not a holiday hotel , hence the hotels name , but to stop in Denpaser for a day or two its a welcome luxury break from the hot hussle bussle of the city.
The room was big , bathroom extreme clean and posh . The bed was comfy and a lovely sofa to relax in front of the TV

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Aston D, Public Relations Manager at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Thank you for staying at Aston and your nice review. You are right, as located in the center of Denpasar which is less favorable for tourists, this hotel is more popular to cater conference and meetings. However, if you do look for a culinary experience of local food, this area is the perfect location and it's pretty close to Jalan Teuku Umar where you can find the popular local restaurants in town. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Very poor quality rooms, hallways, internet, etc. I could go on, but you get the idea.
Disgusting bathrooms.
It is cheap, but you get what you pay for.
I would advise paying more money and staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank pqwcxzop
Aston D, Public Relations Manager at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. Sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. We are now in the progress to upgrade our internet speed. As for the bathroom, the house keeping should have cleaned it up as we won't give the room to the guests unless it is clearly checked by their supervisor. We will emphasize this cleanliness issue and conduct additional training to our staff.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I read the reviews and they are correct. You can't cross the road because of the traffic. There is nothing near by anyway, so if you don't know where to go, a taxi isn't much use and you are more or less trapped in the hotel. But no reviews I saw mentioned that alcohol isn't served anywhere in this hotel. Also, I think the standards are low in some respects; for example only 1 glass in the room, 2 smallish towels and not even a hand towel, no clock and when I requested one they said they didn't have any. There wasn't a hair dryer. I thought the staff quite lovely and helpful. Food was ok. I only saw one convention type event. I think the hotel might now be mainly catering to tour groups.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Barbara. Thank you for staying at our hotel. Denpasar is basically the business center area for locals and the government, that's why most of our business is for meetings and events. The street itself is very busy. For more quiet areas, I would suggest on of our hotels in Sanur or Ubud. You can check out our Aston International website to get more info about all our hotels around Bali. If you do return to Bali, booking online will give you more advantage as we just launched the Best Price Guarantee Program as a reward to our customers who book directly through our official website.

For alcohol, as we hold a Halal Certificate, we are not allowed to sell alcohol, however our guests are welcomed to bring their own bottle in the room.

Correct, we don't provide clocks in the rooms, but we have brought your suggestion to our rooms division team. As for the hairdryer, we are in the progress in installing it in all rooms, which should be completed by the end of this month

Reviewed December 23, 2011

The Aston Denpasar is by no means in a tourist area. To get around you will need a cab.

Check-in was easy and the staff is great and friendly, especially the restaurant, floor, and banquet staff.

The common area of the hotel is very nice. I noticed once you get to the halls where the rooms are, many of the floors have this wet wood or moldy type of scent. The rooms were clean and did not have this scent. The one bedrooms had a small fridge which was good and a door separated the bedroom area from the rest of the hotel room. I found the beds to be comfortable.

There are local restaurants across the street that are affordable, but crossing the street is challenging due to the traffic. The guard will help you cross the first time but coming back you are on your own. There is also a convenience store across the street also as the restaurant in the hotel closes at a certain hour.

The hotel is good for conferences because the staff is good, but for a personal visit, I would choose a more convenient hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stay at 2 bed rooms very good value and nice place to stay, but is far to kuta

Room Tip: Get 2 bedrooms for family trip
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed in the hotel on 29th Oct,2011. I went out side for site seeing and came back around 8.30 PM to hotel. When I entered my room I shocked to know that my LAPTOP was not found in the hotel room also my baggage was opened and destroyed. After late, I came to understand that somebody from hotel staff was entered my room and taken away my LAPTOP, CASH and other some valuable belongings. Immediately, the same was informed to the management in written. Surprisingly, the management simply advised me to go to police station and lodge a complaint. They never bothered about the safeness and problems that I faced. The behavior of the management made sleepless night to mine. Even I was scarred about my life after seeing the mischievous attitude of the hotel management towards me. Since, I have to catch my flight and no money left with me I could not stay back and fight against the misbehavior of the hotel management legally. I informed the same to the highest authorities of the hotel management and even to the embassy of the BALI. I did not got any reply till date. I don't know how to send my bad experience to more people . And I am searching that whom I have to contact to get back my belongings.

Room Tip: dont choose hotel
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo