“Fantastic experience”

Ranked #72 of 138 Hotels in Denpasar
Bandung, Indonesia
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I highly recommend the Graha Cakra Bali Hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean with AC and hot water, while the grounds are immaculate and lush with greenery. Very nice pools as well. The staff is very friendly, speaks decent English, and is willing to do "whatever" to make your stay enjoyable. The only downside is the distance from the airport (45 mins. - 1 hour, depending on traffic) and the distance from other attractions such as shopping or restaurants. None of these things are within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank indotravels
TheGrahaCakraBaliH, Sales And Marketing Dept at The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We love to said thank you for your kindly response,appreciated !
We will continue to strive to do the best steward for all our guests.Would you be willing to go back to enjoy the services of our hotel in the future.

My Best regards,

Andre Alexander-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Paris, France
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend during my 2 weeks trip in Indonesia.
We stayed 2 days and 3 days because it was very comfortable, very near and cheap in taxi from sanur beach in taxi although you can also arrange for a bus going there from the hotel.
It was very quiet and peaceful and a very nice swimmingpool and everything is done to help the client.
A place I will advise for everyone

Room Tip: No spa and no fitness center
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Lantaugirl08
TheGrahaCakraBaliH, Sales And Marketing Dept at The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is really happy to heard that you enjoy staying with us.
And i wish you'll come back again in the next future.
And we love to say thank you very much for your kindness attention to our hotel, see you soon :).

Odessa, Ukraine
Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you plan to travel in a comfortable manner all over Bali, and your flight comes to Denpasar, then you should stay over at that place. Big and truly nice rooms, green and huge territory with nice pool, friendly staff, free transfer to Sanur beach. Actually we enjoyed staying in hotel more than beach itself! Hope you will enjoy it!
I think it was one of the best experiences during Bali travel, meaning the cost\quality ratio.

Room Tip: Close to the big pool. First floor was very good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank BorisAlexandrov
TheGrahaCakraBaliH, Sales And Marketing Dept. at The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Mr Boris,

Thank you for the comments that you submit to our hotel.
Our entire hotel staff would like to thank those of you who have chosen our hotel as your destination to stay while in Bali.
We hope to see you on another occasion and ready to give the best services always.

My warm Regards,

Langkawi, Malaysia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

we spent 4 nights there ,it's really so great hotel with perfect service and so acceptable price ,the staff are so helpful and great with always smiling ,we found a problem in our balcony door and when we told them they just give us another room in 5 mins and help us to moving all our unpacking stuff ,and when we check out at 4:00 am cause we have so early flight they give us a breakfast box for no extra charge ,the room was so clean and spacious and they have one of the best swimming pool i have ever seen with so lovely garden ,the only bad point that it's the location is a little bit out of the city and not too much taxi drivers know it so it's better when you take a card from the hotel with you,it's really highly recommended hotel .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ahmed M
Dear Mr.Ahmed,

We say thank you for your attention to our hotel.We apologize for any inconvenience to you, it will make our services much better in the future.
Our hotel's location may be a bit away from the crowds, but we always prepare a car service between the hotel or taxi call 24 hours to meet the needs of our guests during the holidays.
We hope to be able to meet again with you in the next future.
"Thank you for staying with us"

My Warm Regards,

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you want the real boutique hotel experience, with flower petals scattered around the room, truly gorgeous grounds, four-poster bed with canopy, a swimming pool in the shape of a river, extremely friendly staff, all for very low prices, you will love the Graha Cakra. That said, there were a few issues. The big one: although the hotel shows up in listings for the Denpasar airport area and for Sanur beach, it is near neither of these. The road to the airport has a nasty traffic snarl—allow extra time. I thought that was subpar from a hotel of this type. They offer a shuttle to Sanur, but it wasn't available one of the two days I was there. A taxi to Sanur will run between 30,000 and 35,000 rupiah, and they will call one for you. Rooms are quite large; the a/c struggles a bit to keep up but does eventually cool it off (they do not make you shut off the power to leave the room as most Indonesian hotels do). Wireless works basically only in restaurant; if your room is nearby you may get a weak signal. Excellent coffee in restaurant; breakfast is pricey, but the restaurant is a really nice place for a drink in the evening, and the staffers are really sweet. Bottom line: a great place for a getaway, romantic or otherwise, but not a good choice for convenience to Sanur or the airport.

Room Tip: If wireless is important, try to get as close to the restaurant as possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank James M
The Graha Cakra B, Sales Executive at The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2014
Dear valued guest,

We are pleased to hear about your wonderful experience at The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel and we will share it with our team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Andre A
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews here, but given the price and my previous experiences with hotels in Bali, I actually wondered if the taxi had dropped me at the right place. The location is central, but not in a very compelling area for walking around. That's little worry, though, as the staff has drivers on-hand and is quick to arrange transport anywhere.

The hotel is beautiful, and were it not for a slightly sub-par bathroom, they could easily claim 4 stars, or 5 at a stretch. I travel in budget hotels for pleasure trips generally, but for work I have stayed in some of the world's finest hotels, and my experience here, for $50US a night far exceeded many hotels that claim 5-stars, both in the beauty of the property but especially the quality of the service.

I was greeted with a delicious chilled cinnamon tea and warm hospitality, given a choice of room locations and helped to my room. The pool and grounds are peaceful and tranquil, and as you enter the property the honking horns outside quickly fade and are replaced by quiet gardens and, well, quite a few roosters crowing.

That, for me, was one downside as the room I chose backed up to a space that apparently housed quite a few young roosters, crowing incessantly from dawn 'til dusk.

The other downside was the food; the included breakfast was totally decent and much better than any other hotel (even 3x the price) I had in Indonesia, but the restaurant food was very poor apart from the delicious fried wontons. I almost forgot about it, though, due to the amazing service. Radna was a *superstar,* very friendly with some of the best English and service skills I saw on this trip. When I left the hotel, passing the restaurant, she had just started her shift and saw me carrying my (very few) bags out and rushed to help me take them. I returned to the restaurant for a drink before the driver took me to the airport and she reminded me, on the nose, when I should go to the front and had my bill prepared.

If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request a room in the center (or front) of the hotel, since the roosters on the property behind it can be loud. For me it was no bother, though, since I sleep well in most conditions and I only noticed them when I woke up naturally.

If you have a late flight (mine was at 11 PM) you can request a late check-out for half of the daily rate, but if you are willing to do without a room they will also happily store your bags and give you access to the grounds (pool, gardens, and many spaces to lounge).

My only regret in choosing this hotel is that I didn't stay longer...I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank onimity
The Graha Cakra B, Sales Executive at The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Greetings From The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel.

Many thank for your taking time to post comment to us.
We pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with services.

Hope we have an opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future.
See you soon !

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I did a google search for a hotel near Denpasar airport and got this one. However, it is nowhere near the airport and took a good 30 mins to get there by taxi. However, I really only wanted a clean place to sleep as my flight got in so late and for less than 40aud (including breakfast) this was perfect. Room was spacious, with bed side lamps and working a/c. Shower in bathroom worked fine (most showers in Bali seem to take about 3 mins to work properly!). Property is a bit tired looking but the grounds and pool are very well maintained. Staff do not speak much English so breakout that Indonesian dictionary!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank adventuress2010
The Graha Cakra B, Sales Executive at The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2015
Dear valued guest,

Greetings From The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel !

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,