The Cakra Hotel
Prime Plaza Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$60
$57
Puri Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$164
$99
Hotels.com
Segara Village Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$130
$76
Griya Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$151
$103
Agoda.com
Sudamala Suites & Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$135
$108
Hotels.com
Mercure Resort Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$81
$196
Priceline
$261
$230
All reviewsgraha cakradiving traininggreat hotelrooms are largeamerican breakfasthot waterenjoyed our staymain roadtaxipoolstennisbali
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews here, but given the price and my previous experiences with hotels in Bali, I actually wondered if the taxi had dropped me at the right place. The location is central, but not in a very compelling area for walking around. That's little worry, though, as the staff has drivers on-hand and is quick to arrange transport anywhere.

The hotel is beautiful, and were it not for a slightly sub-par bathroom, they could easily claim 4 stars, or 5 at a stretch. I travel in budget hotels for pleasure trips generally, but for work I have stayed in some of the world's finest hotels, and my experience here, for $50US a night far exceeded many hotels that claim 5-stars, both in the beauty of the property but especially the quality of the service.

I was greeted with a delicious chilled cinnamon tea and warm hospitality, given a choice of room locations and helped to my room. The pool and grounds are peaceful and tranquil, and as you enter the property the honking horns outside quickly fade and are replaced by quiet gardens and, well, quite a few roosters crowing.

That, for me, was one downside as the room I chose backed up to a space that apparently housed quite a few young roosters, crowing incessantly from dawn 'til dusk.

The other downside was the food; the included breakfast was totally decent and much better than any other hotel (even 3x the price) I had in Indonesia, but the restaurant food was very poor apart from the delicious fried wontons. I almost forgot about it, though, due to the amazing service. Radna was a *superstar,* very friendly with some of the best English and service skills I saw on this trip. When I left the hotel, passing the restaurant, she had just started her shift and saw me carrying my (very few) bags out and rushed to help me take them. I returned to the restaurant for a drink before the driver took me to the airport and she reminded me, on the nose, when I should go to the front and had my bill prepared.

If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request a room in the center (or front) of the hotel, since the roosters on the property behind it can be loud. For me it was no bother, though, since I sleep well in most conditions and I only noticed them when I woke up naturally.

If you have a late flight (mine was at 11 PM) you can request a late check-out for half of the daily rate, but if you are willing to do without a room they will also happily store your bags and give you access to the grounds (pool, gardens, and many spaces to lounge).

My only regret in choosing this hotel is that I didn't stay longer...I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank onimity
The Graha Cakra B, Sales Executive at The Cakra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Greetings From The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel.

Many thank for your taking time to post comment to us.
We pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with services.

Hope we have an opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future.
See you soon !

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I did a google search for a hotel near Denpasar airport and got this one. However, it is nowhere near the airport and took a good 30 mins to get there by taxi. However, I really only wanted a clean place to sleep as my flight got in so late and for less than 40aud (including breakfast) this was perfect. Room was spacious, with bed side lamps and working a/c. Shower in bathroom worked fine (most showers in Bali seem to take about 3 mins to work properly!). Property is a bit tired looking but the grounds and pool are very well maintained. Staff do not speak much English so breakout that Indonesian dictionary!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank adventuress2010
The Graha Cakra B, Sales Executive at The Cakra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2015

Dear valued guest,

Greetings From The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel !

We are pleased to hear about your wonderful experience at The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel and we will share it with our team.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was spending my Nyepi day (silence day) at Graha Cakra, they have good location and price :). Their facilities was perfect, especially swimming pool area, the rooms are good and clean. The staff was very helpfull and friendly. i just lil' bit regret with their food, not really delicious for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank amelup
The Graha Cakra B, Sales Executive at The Cakra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2014

Andre A

Reviewed March 22, 2012

The grounds of this hotel are gorgeous. The pools are excellent. The restaurant is average. The rooms are large but need refurbishing which is true of the hotel in general. It just misses. And its not particularly clean. The towels are the worst I've ever had in any of my travels all over the world. They should throw them all out and start with new ones. They were disgusting. The staff is wanting to please but sometimes the language is a problem. There was no real welcome drink or fruit. It is not as close to the airport as advertised. I did have a good bed but the sheets smelled of laundry. They just need to take this place to the next level; could learn a lot from the Alam Hotels in Bali.

Room Tip: Get one of the small Bali 'houses' on the grounds away from the main pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank lskmuse

Dear valued guest,

Greetings From The Graha Cakra Bali Hotel !

Many thanks for you advice and we will kept going to make better and better for the next.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were only here for two days, before heading off to the airport to go home.

The hotel is located near Sanur, which is nice for dinner, but certainly isnt within walking distance of Sanur beach, but Bluebird taxis are a cheap option to get there, which can be booked from reception.

The hotel itself is in need of a bit of maintenance. The pools look nice, but if you wear swimming goggles, you soon realise they are filthy, and the tiles are coming away from the cement. The maintenance team responded to an aircon fault and door lock issue very quickly, and whilst the bed was comfortable, the room needed a lick of paint, and the aircon unit was paced in such a position that whilst it cooled the room, it didnt cool us whilst in the room as the cool air passed us by.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BobbyV83

Dear valued guest,

For now we had been finished renovation to make our pool and some of area look great !.

Andre A