Ananda is all that it promises and more - the property is easily accessible, the views from the rooms and the rest of the property are beautiful and the service is impeccable.
Since this is a destination spa - the atmosphere is tranquil, and multiple activities are held across the property. The resort provides white Kurta pajamas twice a day, which are super comfy and so convenient! There is a small pool on the property right outside the spa for a dip, a small golf course (miniature!) and a beautiful deck for breakfast.
The massages - Ananda fusion and Swedish massages were quite nice, except be sure to request for a senior masseur, as that makes all the difference. There's a steam and sauna room as well, so go much before your appointment if you like lounging about in the steam room. The outside showers have slightly see through glasses, so you can ask for the shower rooms with a little more privacy.
The food - the wide variety of juices was amazing - especially loved the carrot, ginger and cucumber juice. The menu is quite robust and everything is usually very good. Since we were a part of a large group, they did a special chaat/ khao suey counter for us and everything was fantastic!
The service- they tend to slow down a little when there are too many people to serve, but overall, the staff is well trained, very courteous and nothing is too much effort for them!
All in all - anand hi anand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ananda in the Himalayas is an award winning luxury destination spa located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of India's ancient arts of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Dedicated to restoring balance and harmonizing energy through a holistic approach, Ananda incorporates the healing principles of the East and the West with a specific focus on Ayurveda and Yoga, along with contemporary International spa experiences. Set amongst 100 acres of virgin forest and opened in September 2000, Ananda in the Himalayas is built around a Maharaja's palace estate and located 260 kilometres north of New Delhi. The resort features a restored Viceroy's Palace, world-class Spa, 70 deluxe rooms, 5 suites and 3 villas. Two of these villas are 2 bedroom villas and one is a single bedroom villa, with breathtaking views of the Ganges River and the mountainside. With the highest standards of service, luxurious accommodations, innovative dining and breathtaking mountain views, Ananda is an internationally recognised oasis offering an enriching experience designed to restore, renew and revitalise. Ananda signature wellness programs include Detox, Ayurvedic Rejuvenation, Weight Management, Stress Management, Yogic Detox, Ananda Yoga, Ananda Renew and Ananda Active. Getaway Spa packages starting at 2 or 3 nights are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ananda in the Himalayas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ananda In The Himalayas Hotel Rishikesh
- Ananda In The Himalayas Rishikesh