I stayed here with my family and was totally blown away. Our biggest regret was that we only stayed here for three nights as part of a wider tour of the himalayas. In reality to get the best from all the amazing treatments and activities I would recommend staying at least a week and not combining it with a part of a wider tour.
We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa which was large and well appointed, it was nice to have a living room and private pool when travelling as part of a family. Our butler was fabulous and looked after us throughout our stay.
The spa was amazing, authentic treatments executed really well. None of the treatments that we had (20+ in total) were average. I would thoroughly recommend you call in advance and research the treatments you would most benefit from.
Activities, there are plenty of non-spa based activities (yoga, trekking, golf, cooking classes just to name a few). again research in advance to make the oat of these.
Food, now this was the real problem. The food tasted so good it was hard to not over eat, this is a real test of the mind when you are here to detox. I can safely say we all failed miserably because we were all looked after so well in the restaurant that we could not refuse the amazing morsells that kept coming out of the kitchen. Great chefs and great service.
My only gripe about Ananda is that if we had known more about the all the great activities in advance we could have planned our tight itinerary better. Maybe they should reach out to all guest before they arrive to help plan their stay.
Overall amazing!!!!! We will definitely be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ananda in the Himalayas is an award winning luxury destination spa located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of India's ancient arts of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Dedicated to restoring balance and harmonizing energy through a holistic approach, Ananda incorporates the healing principles of the East and the West with a specific focus on Ayurveda and Yoga, along with contemporary International spa experiences. Set amongst 100 acres of virgin forest and opened in September 2000, Ananda in the Himalayas is built around a Maharaja's palace estate and located 260 kilometres north of New Delhi. The resort features a restored Viceroy's Palace, world-class Spa, 70 deluxe rooms, 5 suites and 3 villas. Two of these villas are 2 bedroom villas and one is a single bedroom villa, with breathtaking views of the Ganges River and the mountainside. With the highest standards of service, luxurious accommodations, innovative dining and breathtaking mountain views, Ananda is an internationally recognised oasis offering an enriching experience designed to restore, renew and revitalise. Ananda signature wellness programs include Detox, Ayurvedic Rejuvenation, Weight Management, Stress Management, Yogic Detox, Ananda Yoga, Ananda Renew and Ananda Active. Getaway Spa packages starting at 2 or 3 nights are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Ananda in the Himalayas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ananda In The Himalayas Hotel Rishikesh
- Ananda In The Himalayas Rishikesh